Combat Is Too Fast

5 replies to this topic

#1 Horkas

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 03:03 PM

Title says it all. The mechs still move very slow, but the new dps increases from lack of ghost heat and higher damage reworked weapons make most fights last less than 30 seconds before critical damage has been dealt to some one. It now feels like im playing a slow paced call of duty.

Armor damage reduction needs to be increased to compensate for higher dps, or weapon damage needs a blanket nerf outside of missiles since those can be easily countered.

#2 Chrome Magnus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 01 May 2021 - 07:43 AM

PPC's were buffed too much in general. They are greatly over represented in matches and I am now regularly stripped of critical armor and left with orange internals from the first PPC blast. A second shot from most anyone in that area means death... Micro's seem to have been dialed up a bit more than other weapons as well but not a lot of mechs can boat them and maneuver well enough to take advantage of them.

Then you have odd nerfs like the ERLL got. Making them fire much more slowly already reduced heat build up so the small reduction wasn't terribly beneficial and the 25m extra range doesn't make up for the cooldown nerf. PGI needs to go dial much of the weapon buffs back. But just a little for most, specifically nerf PPCs.

#3 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 02 May 2021 - 09:22 PM

View PostHorkas, on 20 April 2021 - 03:03 PM, said:

Title says it all. The mechs still move very slow,

May patch will have mobilty increases Proposal HERE. (Mechs go fasta)

June patch will have added quirks. (Mechs live longa)

Just have to be patient.

#4 Sorbic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 25 May 2021 - 09:17 PM

The Urbie has long had an issue of taking rear damage when shot in the front. And no it's not the crotch shot issue as half the time said part of mech is below a crest, I watch the lasers hit the upper part of the mech or, very often, it's a rear ST. This issue has become much more pronounced of late.

Not sure what hit reg got screwed up but I'm running twice as much rear CT armor as I do in any of my assault mechs...

#5 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,643 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 26 May 2021 - 04:58 AM

View PostSorbic, on 25 May 2021 - 09:17 PM, said:

The Urbie has long had an issue of taking rear damage when shot in the front. And no it's not the crotch shot issue as half the time said part of mech is below a crest, I watch the lasers hit the upper part of the mech or, very often, it's a rear ST. This issue has become much more pronounced of late.

Not sure what hit reg got screwed up but I'm running twice as much rear CT armor as I do in any of my assault mechs...

Urbie is small, roundish, for the most part no hard cut edges, and I wouldnt even suggest a crotch shot in it :) And the player made hitbox location pics are just front/back, with no side views for most mechs. If you have a 2nd computer with an alt account or drag a friend into a private match, then you can check where the front sections meets the rear sections, both the CT and STs. And I am not discounting hitregs but the times players had posted vids of the encounter, at least one where I had tested it it was very feasible with the angles involved a Rear ST panel could be hit.

Posted Image

#6 Mochyn Pupur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 521 posts
  • LocationDerby, England

Posted 27 May 2021 - 06:47 AM

Urbie most certainly has hit reg issues where they can walk directly into withering fire and barely be scratched one match, in another this back hit reg takes place Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users