map change map rework

6 replies to this topic

#1 CrimsonEye

• PipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 April 2021 - 10:57 AM

Obviously, lots of people are choosing these map regularly whenever they are in lrm boats, and not to mention the huge size map.

I would like to shrink the map atleast 30% smaller, with more buildings / hills / moutains for cover up from missiles, that way we could engage the battle in faster phase and able to take cover from rain of missiles.

Otherwise it's very boring , especially when there is a team with more than 4 lrm boats, basically they win the game.

All maps should be fun & challenging, but when a bunch of people start abusing it, it's no longer fun.

#2 Brom96

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 213 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 02:44 PM

I vote for that map no matter what mech I am in. It is cold, allows maneuver and fire maneuver. It is just that most people do not understand that going to the dead center of it might not be the brightest idea.

Now, if you having issues with LRMs ( I strongly suggest you try such mech, just to see that with cover, ecm, ams and such lrms are not wonder weapons) I would give you an advice to shoot uavs down and check your back for enemy spotters.

#3 Dahief 720

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 May 2021 - 03:37 PM

View PostBrom96, on 04 May 2021 - 02:44 PM, said:

I vote for that map no matter what mech I am in. It is cold, allows maneuver and fire maneuver. It is just that most people do not understand that going to the dead center of it might not be the brightest idea.

Now, if you having issues with LRMs ( I strongly suggest you try such mech, just to see that with cover, ecm, ams and such lrms are not wonder weapons) I would give you an advice to shoot uavs down and check your back for enemy spotters.

Temperature isn't everything, colder =/= better.

Having the team break off or move to the sides will isolate the slower heavies and assaults which is a frequent problem in smaller maps.

Tried LRM boats, damage is very easy even with the amount of ECM around. The only things that cut into it significantly are large amounts of cover, which this map lacks and heavy AMS, which is not likely to happen unless they're in a dense group (arty bait) or a Corsair.

You try shooting UAVs down when you have no arm mounts and bad elevation angles. Checking for spotters is a waste of time unless you already know there is one there. I'm not going to turn my weaker back onto the LRM hail in the off chance there's a light behind me that will dart off as soon as I look near his direction.

#4 Dr Brettermeier

Rookie

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 June 2021 - 03:03 AM

View PostBrom96, on 04 May 2021 - 02:44 PM, said:

Amen

#5 Erich Bertinck

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 June 2021 - 03:13 AM

This map favours smart gameplay, good team coordination and bold decisions. And timing (know when to be patient and when to push!). It punishes planless running around all the harder. Actually I had as much success on it with brawlers as with LRM boats. ECM snipers can be very fun to play. Even being a humble spotter and bring down a couple of well placed strikes in addition is fun. Regarding the size, this map makes the conquest mode a real challenge of thought, as you cannot simply "kill first, capture later".

#6 FearThePaladin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 117 posts

Posted 22 June 2021 - 10:31 AM

Good adjustments to the map, much better playability and tactics will make this a favorite.

#7 Brom96

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 213 posts

Posted 22 June 2021 - 11:01 AM

So far, boring and tedious play. Much like Mining Collective but people still do not know what works on the map. Avoid center. In anyway, will not vote for it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users