82 replies to this topic

#61 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 245 posts

Posted 23 January 2022 - 09:02 AM

View PostNPC SLAYER, on 21 January 2022 - 10:11 AM, said:

There just is no point in rolling 8-12 mans in FP any longer.

I felt the same way 4 years ago, but you guys still wanted to kill the game. And [redacted] 2WAR is still doing it nowdays. And DSx too. So whats the diffrence?

Edited by Ekson Valdez, 24 January 2022 - 04:14 AM.

#62 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 23 January 2022 - 02:36 PM

View PostKotis77, on 23 January 2022 - 09:02 AM, said:

I felt the same way 4 years ago, but you guys still wanted to kill the game. And [redacted] 2WAR is still doing it nowdays. And DSx too. So whats the diffrence?

This is why I come back to MWO every once in a while, thank you!

Edited by Ekson Valdez, 24 January 2022 - 04:14 AM.
quote clean-up

#63 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 245 posts

Posted 23 January 2022 - 08:08 PM

ur welcome mate

#64 Arnetheus

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 12:46 AM

Same tonnage for both - 265.
Gives the option to have 1 mech of each class up to it's maximum tonnage, 35-55-75-100.
Argument of "there's too many assaults" is a moot one, since it's entirely player's choice what their deck is going to be like within the alloted tonnage.
If someone wants to bring 2 100 tonners it's their choice. If someone wants to bring 0 assaults and 3 heavies, it's their choice, etc.
Some people are not even capping out on tonnage, because they would rather play things they actually want to play.

#65 vonJerg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 329 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 01:24 AM

240 both sides

PS: If you do not bring all available tonnage in your drop deck, you are hurting your team by bringing less HP to the team HP pool.

#66 Arnetheus

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 01:51 AM

Weird to hear that from a regular FP player.
Oh no, what am i gonna do now by having 10-15 tons less of hp worth in armor, my deck is ruined!
Oh, right... This deck still consists of everything i need.

Besides, somebody running streaks in conquest should know that lights and medium only decks are a thing, right?

#67 Orion3025

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 42 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 24 January 2022 - 07:47 AM

See what changes the cauldron balances make in the game and then talk about weight. The impact should be measured on the game once all changes are implemented. My 1/2 cent on this topic right now - it is premature to put weight to an equal status and it probably would favor the clans. I do NOT want the player base for IS antagonized by a drop in weight. That may be a good way to lose more players that this game cannot afford to lose...

#68 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 245 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 02:46 PM

I feel the same. Balance should be found first before moving the rest of moving pieces. Is it so hard for clans atm?

#69 Staude Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 277 posts

Posted 12 May 2022 - 06:24 AM

1 year has passed and still nothing has changed in terms of tonnage

#70 Jeff on a Buffalo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 120 posts

Posted 12 May 2022 - 09:40 AM

I think the tonnage is fine for what I have seen for the past few months of FW play. Maybe it makes more of a difference if both sides are organized tier 1 groups, so maybe my opinion is a bit biased wrt more PUG level FW matches that I routinely play in. It would be interesting to see the statistics on if either IS or Clans side is stronger wrt FW play. Looking at the war history tab in MWO FW, it shows that regardless if it is IS or Clans, the defence side normally edges it out for the overall wins. Obviously there is alot more variables involved if you want to properly see if IS or Clans is stronger in FW.
In the Comp play, is it now pretty even between IS/Clans on what mechs are used in the higher level Comp play? I guess this would be our best way of seeing if IS and Clan mechs are truly balanced now?
Cheers!

Edited by Jeff on a Buffalo, 12 May 2022 - 09:43 AM.

#71 IronWolfPack64

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 269 posts

Posted 13 May 2022 - 09:03 AM

View PostStaude, on 12 May 2022 - 06:24 AM, said:

1 year has passed and still nothing has changed in terms of tonnage

Maybe nothing has changed because changing it would be even more damaging to the game. The poor clanners and their meta doesn’t need any buff.

#72 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 17 May 2022 - 03:34 AM

View PostIronWolfPack64, on 13 May 2022 - 09:03 AM, said:

Maybe nothing has changed because changing it would be even more damaging to the game. The poor clanners and their meta doesn’t need any buff.

Job of cauldron was to balance things.

You say everything is fine in CW. That means in Quickplay nothing is fine, because in quickplay Clan and IS play on the same side. That means the side with more Clan mechs has an advantage (according to your opinion) in quickplay.

#73 Jeff on a Buffalo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 120 posts

Posted 17 May 2022 - 09:18 AM

I don't know Tee, bringing up QP is kinda meaningless to this discussion thread. Since you cannot select what mechs to bring based off of the QP map/game-mode, I would say it makes little difference on which side has more clan mechs (if clan mechs were truly stronger than IS mechs).
Cheers!

Edited by Jeff on a Buffalo, 17 May 2022 - 10:05 AM.

#74 IronWolfPack64

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 17 May 2022 - 04:20 PM

View Posttee5, on 17 May 2022 - 03:34 AM, said:

Job of cauldron was to balance things.

You say everything is fine in CW. That means in Quickplay nothing is fine, because in quickplay Clan and IS play on the same side. That means the side with more Clan mechs has an advantage (according to your opinion) in quickplay.

Yea Jeff said exactly what I would have said. Arguments such as “tonnage not equal mean no balance!” Or “but quick play…..” are extremely one note, surface level meaningless arguments that fall apart the second you put any kind of thought in to them. If quick play allowed groups up to size 12, if you knew what map you were playing before you selected the mech or if clan tech had even undergone nerfs you may have had a point. Unfortunately for you none of those things have happened. So let’s talk about faction play in the faction play forums. Because quick play is a totally different animal.

PS. Here is a one note arguments that holds a lot more water than any of your leaky boats. Clan weapons are lighter, do more damage have more range and cost less slots. Therefore they are better. A view with no nuance and little thought put into it. And yet a thousand times more relevant than bringing quickplay into a discussion about faction play.

#75 Lances107

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • Nova Commander
  • 291 posts

Posted 18 May 2022 - 11:36 PM

I just got back and noticed this post. I am completely against lowering the tonnage. For a few reasons in easy somewhat outline form.
1. Faction play nearly died on the spot due to the last update.
A. They for a time took away our choice of faction and made it completly random
B. They got rid of the Long tom for the cry babies, even though it made scouting a whole lot more interesting. Long tom fun.
C. They put quick play maps and modes into faction play instead of keeping it siege. All it needed was some new siege maps, and siege maps tweeked.

2. Now you want to limit players choices because your upset that people are choosing assault mechs? Let them choose what they will. The only place it matters is faction play units, and I can tell you in such a case they wont be bringing assaults back to back. In such units its all about using the tonnage correctly and having the right weight class for the right part of the fight.

Essentially 255 and 260 for the IS is a good set for the tonnage on faction play drops. No need to change it and hurt faction play further.

#76 Staude Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 277 posts

Posted 19 May 2022 - 06:23 AM

View PostIronWolfPack64, on 13 May 2022 - 09:03 AM, said:

If you didn't notice, Clan Mech were annoyed again in the last patch, genervt

#77 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 19 May 2022 - 06:30 AM

View PostStaude, on 19 May 2022 - 06:23 AM, said:

If you didn't notice, Clan Mech were annoyed again in the last patch, genervt

What was that nerf, again? Asking for a friend.

#78 Staude Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 277 posts

Posted 19 May 2022 - 06:43 AM

View PostIronWolfPack64, on 17 May 2022 - 04:20 PM, said:

PS. Here is a one note arguments that holds a lot more water than any of your leaky boats. Clan weapons are lighter, do more damage have more range and cost less slots. Therefore they are better. A view with no nuance and little thought put into it. And yet a thousand times more relevant than bringing quickplay into a discussion about faction play.

please don't make it too easy for yourself,

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 19 May 2022 - 06:30 AM, said:

What was that nerf, again? Asking for a friend.

the crit damage was not increased for the clan heatsinks

#79 IronWolfPack64

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 20 May 2022 - 10:22 AM

View PostStaude, on 19 May 2022 - 06:43 AM, said:

please don't make it too easy for yourself,

the crit damage was not increased for the clan heatsinks

Why does that even matter….. that’s such a minor thing. Plus if clanners get a couple heat sinks crit what does it matter they have so many extra anyway. Plus it’s not like IS mechs are the ones running around machine gun spamming. I just don’t understand how this is even a complaint it’s just so minor and irrelevant. Light years away from being a good enough reason the change the tonnage…..

#80 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 245 posts

Posted 20 May 2022 - 04:04 PM

This is just silly, two loyalist arguing about balance. You should play 50/50 both sides to see it isnt that big deal.

Instead you should spam bombadil questions about FP updates. Last podcast that i listened he was "working his *** off" with FP stuff IIRC. And that was ~3 months ago.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users