82 replies to this topic

#21 Charles Sennet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 387 posts
  • LocationCurrently obscured by ECM

Posted 17 May 2021 - 03:47 AM

Tonnages should be equal (should have happened a long time ago). A reduction is also fine. 240 feels like a good transition.

It is not complicated to do. I used to correspond with Paul on this and it would be live in minutes.

There is no need to wait until other things are done first. What has been missing is just enough players asking for it.

#22 feeWAIVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 17 May 2021 - 06:25 AM

240 is too low.
250 would be perfect.

#23 Charles Sennet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 387 posts
  • LocationCurrently obscured by ECM

Posted 17 May 2021 - 07:06 AM

View PostfeeWAIVER, on 17 May 2021 - 06:25 AM, said:

240 is too low.
250 would be perfect.

250 would be nice too.

#24 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 25 May 2021 - 10:09 AM

push

#25 Rizzi Kell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Wolf
  • Hero of Wolf
  • 140 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 03:55 AM

just make it equal, if 240 or 265 does not matter just for both sides....

#26 Mochyn Pupur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 521 posts
  • LocationDerby, England

Posted 01 June 2021 - 02:00 AM

The "heat spike" implementation for the clan XL and IS Light engines tore a huge chunk out of the effectiveness of the Clan mechs in general.

Equal tonnage would return that degree (although much smaller now due to weapons changes) of difference that Clan enjoyed. IS for brawling and Clan for range exchange as a rough variance (and yes I know there are mechs on either side that would support both formats), but that was the main difference when the Clan mechs suddenly appeared in game.

For those of you who weren't around at that time, Clans dominated FP and QP for quite a while until IS pilots worked out how to take advantage of their survivability quirks and brawling capability; even then, Clans tended to be the go to mech and in many ways, still is.

#27 VeeOt Dragon

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 04 August 2021 - 07:31 PM

honestly i haven't played FP in a couple of YEARS. mostly i am an IS loyalist and it seemed every match i got in was a stomp by the clans. don't know if it was a balance issue or just something else. i also play solo drop because every time i tried to join one of the groups it was toxic or i got to much of the "you have to only use this mech with this build" ********. i'm a casual player and i play for fun not meta. something i guess is taboo in most Units.

i think Clans still have an advantage enough to make some kind of restriction on them though this is more from my QP experience. their weapons do equal or more damage for generally less tonnage and crit space. (though i understand that some crit space on certain chassis is designated for equipment that you can't remove.) this still gives Clan the advantage so giving them a max drop deck tonnage handicap seems appropriate.

now i know i will take **** for this next statement but before you start mashing your keyboards know that i don't care

in Lore the clans standard units had fewer mechs than their IS counterparts and often bet away units before a battle so often brought even fewer to the field than a complete Unit. mind you Lore Clans for a time massively outmatched the IS since they didn't bomb themselves back in time technologically. this didn't stay though as the IS quickly caught up once they started getting their hands on clan equipment. even then Can stuff was usually marginally better than IS equipment.

in a game like MWO you have to keep things balanced in such a way that one side isn't automatically overpowered by the other (at least if we are talking FP since you get a mix on both teams in all other modes).

not sure what would bring me back to FP though. at this point the loyalty rewards aren't really worth the headaches and almost constant losses that have been my experience with it. though i do hope that FP gets some attention to bring more players to it.

#28 IronWolfPack64

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 269 posts

Posted 05 August 2021 - 06:43 AM

Yea bringing the tonnage limit down for both sides favors who (the clans)

Bringing IS tonnage limit down favors who (the clans)

Making the medium mech class a must run in all situations benefits who (the clans)

The game mode is really balanced right now and without those ten extra tons a lot of IS strategies based around tonnage advantage down the stretch winning the day goes out the window. Clan assault mechs are super OP right now not to mention vapor eagles (best mech in the game). So reducing the tonnage or making it even would make the mode just super imbalanced. Balance is fine where it is. Changing it would result in nothing but pain for the IS and an unplayable mode for new IS pilots.

#29 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 05 August 2021 - 10:23 AM

clams OP nerf plz

#30 Rexxxxxxxxx

• PipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 August 2021 - 11:16 AM

Same tonnage, mixed drop decks, limit group sizes to 6 and balancing teams based off player skill level.

Getting a match would be quicker and balance issues would be a thing of the past.

#31 SunRunner

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 August 2021 - 11:25 AM

Yeah gonna have to say I don't like the Idea of dropping Tonnage of faction play down or making it equal between the IS and clans. IS vs Clan Assaults feel pretty balanced to me over all. Heavy's are OK with only a slight advantage to the clans. The range advantage the Clans have means even when they are in heavies they soften up IS assaults while the are closing that most of the fights are not as one sided as the tonnages involved would indicate. This is mainly a product of as others have mentions the IS generally need to out Brawl the Clans because overall they are at a noticeable disadvantage in long range gun duels. Mediums and Lights are where the clans become monsters with several mechs in Both weight classes being freakishly powerful and the IS not having any equivalents. The Vapor Eagle for mediums and the Piranha being two of the stand outs but not the only examples of Clan mechs that just dominate their weight class. Honorable mention to the Black Lanner as another Clan medium that is just monstrous.

In the lore the clans pretty much always fought the IS down tonnage and bodies. The whole Batchall process meant it was very rare for the IS to not have a fairly notable advantage in bodies and tons in most battles. But all that aside my recent forays into FP as well as my QP experiences are what are guiding this. Now I will also come out and say that a lot of the clan guys in FP are VERY skilled, watching Fusion or Nightbird in their VE's is a sight to behold. From what i have observed it seems that the Clans have more active teams that are actually dropping in a group and coordinating then the IS has. This just makes the imbalances seem worse as a bunch of rando's solo queing into a group running into even 5 or 6 people dropping as a team and actually talking to each other are going to get stomped.

#32 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 05 August 2021 - 12:21 PM

Tonnage is fine.

#33 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 05 August 2021 - 08:10 PM

Make both sides 300 tons so I can drop 4 Onions or 4 Onion IIcs. Perfect.

#34 vonJerg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 329 posts

Posted 05 August 2021 - 11:45 PM

View Postccrider, on 05 August 2021 - 08:10 PM, said:

Make both sides 300 tons so I can drop 4 Onions or 4 Onion IIcs. Perfect.

OMG, Onionman is back!!!! Set the dumpsters ablaze, Cobras are back in town!!!!!!

#35 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 06 August 2021 - 01:10 AM

View PostvonJerg, on 05 August 2021 - 11:45 PM, said:

OMG, Onionman is back!!!! Set the dumpsters ablaze, Cobras are back in town!!!!!!
We never left. There's just like only 6 of us now and we only really play Friday and Saturday night. And heya vonjerg!

#36 Bandet

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 August 2021 - 11:46 AM

I like the idea of lower weight to make mediums more common

#37 Daryl Hannah From Clan Cave Bear

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 August 2021 - 03:44 PM

This lack of creativity is hurting my left one.

Vary the tonnage from week to week!

How can a big robot game be so boring!? Answer...its been the same for 10 years. Mix it up!

240/250, 210/220, 300/310....Its so damn EZ!!!!!!!!!!

#38 SunRunner

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 August 2021 - 03:44 AM

Variable tonnage sounds cool, but the reality is it would kill faction play even more. Certain brackets would be advantageous to one side or the other and people would only Q on the side that had or was perceived to have the advantage. Honestly the biggest thing I think FP needs is some good rewards to incentivize people to play the mode. Along with some rewards to get people to play on both sides. I mean a FP loss giving a minimum 1mil Cbills, would excite some people and they would do it to farm cbills if nothing else. Also a system so when there are 30 IS and 2 clan in the Q a big bonus for playing clans should be given, even it its just a MASSIVE faction reward to make ranking up with a faction easier.

#39 IronWolfPack64

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 25 August 2021 - 03:49 AM

View PostSunRunner, on 25 August 2021 - 03:44 AM, said:

Variable tonnage sounds cool, but the reality is it would kill faction play even more. Certain brackets would be advantageous to one side or the other and people would only Q on the side that had or was perceived to have the advantage. Honestly the biggest thing I think FP needs is some good rewards to incentivize people to play the mode. Along with some rewards to get people to play on both sides. I mean a FP loss giving a minimum 1mil Cbills, would excite some people and they would do it to farm cbills if nothing else. Also a system so when there are 30 IS and 2 clan in the Q a big bonus for playing clans should be given, even it its just a MASSIVE faction reward to make ranking up with a faction easier.

That’s actually a great idea!

#40 vonJerg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 329 posts

Posted 26 August 2021 - 09:09 AM

- 1mil for a loss would be a bad idea, ppl would just "speed run it", making games even wors
- bonus for under maned side would be great, but there is no way it can be easily implemented without huge loop holes like "Lets Q over maned side to increase the bonus, then quickly swith to the side with bonus" (takes less then 10sec if ppl are on coms).

We need easily implemented stuff, and not easily gameable.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users