C-Bills/xp/gsp

26 replies to this topic

#1 Dutchods

Rookie

• Heishi-ni
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 May 2021 - 10:17 PM

So do someone knows a way to earn c-bills/xp/gsp without having to grind 24/7 to get something you want?
im sick of having to use the same 2 mechs because either i use them because they are upgraded or i get instakilled by a heavy gauss crit 90% of the time are they any non pay alternatives to earn the skill points without having to pray on an event drop or having to pay 100+ dlrs per mech to fully upgrade it and just play? i havent been a fan of hacking but at this rate i will lean more on that side because playing a match on an assault and getting 5kills 3 MDD and 6 asist only earning about 1000-2000xp its super anoying

#2 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 07 May 2021 - 05:58 AM

So you are complaining about having to grind....to get XP.

Let's see. The game really does not have meaningful rewards. Yeah you can get a few titles, and perhaps a cockpit item, but no real way to make your Mech better. No items that give a bonus or now ability, no "Hey I did this" other than the 24 man hanging cockpit item that came out years ago when they went from 8 man group to 12. I have several Mechs, and like everyone here, we grind. We come together to enjoy the game.

While it would be nice to get a RAC with a special cool down feature, or a bolt on drum for the back of a Mech that would give a +2 ammo loadout bonus, but so far we don't. So meanwhile, here's some LRM's in your eye....

#3 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,659 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 07 May 2021 - 06:35 PM

Hmm, play more games than average 1 or 2 games/day, maybe? And play during the events? Log into the game, click on the M laying on its side to see if you earned anything. Last two events provided a 7-day Premium Time, as does the current event.

Just remember you have two weeks to claim your rewards before they evaporate.

#4 Dutchods

Rookie

• Heishi-ni
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 May 2021 - 07:42 PM

Kalimaster i do not want meaningfull rewards i want the power of not having to grind all day for making 2 mech usable because of skills on the skill tree i dont want mor rpg dmg on stuff like that i want the survival nodes because again been 1shoted as an assault acoss the map is no fun and not when yoimu have over 100 armor up front its just not fun to farm and have to pray that the game gives you any kind of incentive, i hate been crushed because the game is p2w always helping the people that pay'd one match i used my marauder 2 vs 1 of the new dragons that you buy i got destroyed in segs and we were alone on 1v1 on an open zone if it werent. Bevause i had 1 rando colse to help me he woud have cored me 1 mech with skills medium or heavy will always will to a non skill assault and i have done it myself with a bushwaker its stupid to be honest

#5 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 07 May 2021 - 11:14 PM

View PostDutchods, on 06 May 2021 - 10:17 PM, said:

So do someone knows a way to earn c-bills/xp/gsp without having to grind 24/7 to get something you want?

Instead of grinding the low default rewards, focus on completing events for the much more substantial payouts they give. There's a monthly event rewarding a free mech, there are events awarding C-Bills and GSP, Solaris rewards GXP each season (or at least it used to, not sure if PGI is planning to change it now).

im sick of having to use the same 2 mechs because either i use them because they are upgraded or i get instakilled by a heavy gauss crit 90% of the time
Don't stare into heavy gauss carriers.

are they any non pay alternatives to earn the skill points without having to pray on an event drop
You... realize they can be purchased with XP and GXP, right?

or having to pay 100+ dlrs per mech to fully upgrade it and just play?
Even if you went the route of just buying GSP it wouldn't cost that much.
https://mwomercs.com/store/gifts -> 200 GSP pack under "Boosters" for $10
https://mwomercs.com/store/bundles -> 100 GSP + 30 days PT + 1250 MC pack for $11

i havent been a fan of hacking but at this rate i will lean more on that side
Cheating would not increase your XP earnings. It would, however, get you banned.

playing a match on an assault and getting 5kills 3 MDD and 6 asist only earning about 1000-2000xp its super anoying
Instead of focusing on that XP ticker, calm down, shoot some ******* giant robots and dispense the XP in bulk once you're done for the day.

View PostDutchods, on 07 May 2021 - 07:42 PM, said:

because again been 1shoted as an assault acoss the map is no fun and not when yoimu have over 100 armor up front
Protip: there is no mech that can one-shot an assault from across the map. Learn to fire on the move, pay more attention to not expose yourself to enemy fire too much.

its just not fun to farm and have to pray that the game gives you any kind of incentive,
The game gives you a near-constant string of events these days, now with a free mech each month.

i hate been crushed because the game is p2w
To qualify as P2W, the game would have to offer paying players concrete gameplay advantages that are not realistically obtained without paying. There really aren't any.
If you are getting crushed, it's because you either ****** up during the match or lost while still in the mechlab.

This is how two and a half years on a completely F2P alt account look like:
https://leaderboard....=Horseman%20IIC
https://imgur.com/a/cSBaiJY
Not pictured: Dozens of millions of C-Bills I've funneled to my unit to cover recruitment costs.

1 mech with skills medium or heavy will always will to a non skill assault
An assault mech alone and unsupported is an operator error.

Edited by Horseman, 07 May 2021 - 11:47 PM.

#6 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,781 posts

Posted 10 May 2021 - 09:34 PM

get a metamech with an s, c or hero bonus, run it a lot. hit all events and take advantage of all premium time you get and try to maximize mc rewards. gsp can only be won in events or purchased with cash or mc (i think).

Edited by LordNothing, 10 May 2021 - 09:36 PM.

#7 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,815 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 11 May 2021 - 07:44 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 10 May 2021 - 09:34 PM, said:

get a metamech with an s, c or hero bonus, run it a lot. hit all events and take advantage of all premium time you get and try to maximize mc rewards. gsp can only be won in events or purchased with cash or mc (i think).

Yup, you can shorten the grind with cash. But really, there’s not a lot of grind in the game, not compared to others, and PGI has done a lot over the years to reduce it. (Not so much that you won’t be incentivized to buy a special variant, but still.)

#8 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 12 May 2021 - 03:36 AM

sadly they nerfed C-bill earnings a few times over the years

what I do is grind all my new Mechs to 91 nodes

your c-bills will go up
play all you mechs each day to you get the x2 xp bonus

don't use consumables

HTHs

#9 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 06:11 AM

View PostDavegt27, on 12 May 2021 - 03:36 AM, said:

sadly they nerfed C-bill earnings a few times over the years

what I do is grind all my new Mechs to 91 nodes

your c-bills will go up
play all you mechs each day to you get the x2 xp bonus

don't use consumables

HTHs

Uhm... no? The last time the match awards were changed (May 2019), the gains went up by a good 15-20%
https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__6266075

#10 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,781 posts

Posted 13 May 2021 - 05:42 PM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 11 May 2021 - 07:44 PM, said:

Yup, you can shorten the grind with cash. But really, there’s not a lot of grind in the game, not compared to others, and PGI has done a lot over the years to reduce it. (Not so much that you won’t be incentivized to buy a special variant, but still.)

my experience is once you buy a few mech packs, earning free mechs gets a lot easier. i did make a ton of cbills with the ultraviolet, which was totally worth the $25 it cost when it first came out.

Edited by LordNothing, 13 May 2021 - 05:43 PM.

#11 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 15 May 2021 - 04:37 PM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 12 May 2021 - 06:11 AM, said:

Uhm... no? The last time the match awards were changed (May 2019), the gains went up by a good 15-20%
https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__6266075

try playing more matches

#12 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 20 May 2021 - 10:57 PM

View PostDavegt27, on 15 May 2021 - 04:37 PM, said:

try playing more matches

Is this supposed to address me?

#13 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 21 May 2021 - 09:41 AM

yes

#14 Armchair General

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • 95 posts

Posted 23 May 2021 - 06:08 AM

This is a General Discussion thread. Thread moved.

#15 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,413 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 23 May 2021 - 06:26 AM

If you have a few mechs to level up, concentrate on getting the 1st Victory For The Day which gives you double XP.
Then move on to the next mech, also to get that 1st Victory For The Day.
Rinse and repeat.

Your mech will skill-up at a slow pace of 2-3 skill points a day, but over time you will get more of your mechs fully skilled-up this way faster! YMMV.

I have six (6) Atlas variants that I'm currently leveling up this way.

Edited by w0qj, 23 May 2021 - 06:27 AM.

#16 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,761 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 23 May 2021 - 10:00 AM

@Op,

Your mechs can become much more effective even without all 91 skill nodes. I’ve found that it’s the first 50 or so nodes that have the biggest impact, the rest are ‘nice to have’ nodes. Also, I find it helps to run new mechs unskilled until I’ve earned enough xp/c-bills to get 20 nodes. By the time I do this I have a better idea of the mech’s strengths/weaknesses and then get the best value out of the skill trees.

As for c-bill earnings, you can earn a lot for things like ‘lance in formation’, ‘spotting assist’, ‘UAV kill’, and a bunch of other actions. It all adds up.

You also have to be strategic with your mech and/or equipment purchases at first. If you are buying engines, try to get ones that will fit in multiple mechs. There are numerous sales where you can purchase mechs at 50% off their c-bill price. You might not like the mech itself, but it might have an engine and/or equipment that you can use in your other mechs. You can always sell the stripped down chassis later. Be careful when you sell stuff though as you’ll only get about 50% of the ‘retail’ price.

You also get stuff in supply caches that you can sell if you need to.

It looks like you joined the forum recently so I’ll assume you are a new player. MWO has a steep learning curve and it is normal for new players to be ‘space broke’ at first. Hang in there and things will get better for you.

Welcome to MWO!

CFC Conky

Edited by CFC Conky, 23 May 2021 - 10:10 AM.

#17 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 23 May 2021 - 10:34 AM

Tbh i do find the exp rate to be very low....

Posted Image

when your team does horrible or you do horrible you get horribly low amoutn of EXP

Loses should defintly not give only 30 exp maybe more like 100 and draws which are very rare should give 150-200 exp with skill points costing 800 this makes grinding much longer if your in a lot of games where you lose. component destruction and other team benificial rewards give very little exp, if your going for only XP you want to go for KMDD Solo kill and kill assist which means your plinking every enemy running away and then coming back to steal kills not very team like. Also you should get exp for shooting down missiles and other team benifisical things the score counts missiles shot down so... Keep in mind i have been playing for a long time so i know how to grind it's just annoying to me.

Edited by KursedVixen, 23 May 2021 - 10:38 AM.

#18 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 23 May 2021 - 11:04 AM

Experience rewards should be reevaluated. Until then, making use of the 2x daily bonus and premium time is the best bet.

#19 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 23 May 2021 - 11:12 AM

quite frankly:

having played other "free2play" games which are TECHNICALLY years ahead of mwo,
the grind in any of these games was much worse than here.

imo, you can skill out a mech "relatively" fast; the key (as so often) is to actively 'do stuff', as in "shoot stuff".
once you do decent damage numbers, cbills and xp come rollin' in.

-try to use any daily "2x xp" you can, and always build your mech to deliver dmg&death, and pilot it accordingly
- that should be key, wether you're going for a win or the xp.

Edited by Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, 23 May 2021 - 11:13 AM.

#20 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,659 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 23 May 2021 - 03:08 PM

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 23 May 2021 - 11:04 AM, said:

Experience rewards should be reevaluated. Until then, making use of the 2x daily bonus and premium time is the best bet.

KursedVixen XP points is the lack of Action taken. I did a quick scan through some of my screenshots and a majority of my XP Earned ranged between 2K and 3K, and I tend to play a medium. Example, he has no spotting assists at all, which is 20pts each time, no lance formation, etc.

The following post is from 2015 when Rewards 2.0 were updated at that time. It is outdated now, nor is it now a complete list, along with some of the XP points have changed. Example Kill Assist wasnt on that list but right now it generates 35 exp/each, so with 10 Kill Assists that amounts to 350 exp. And Kill Assist is doing damage to a target before it is killed, which also includes collisions. And yes, I did have some low xp in the 200/600 range which occurred on losses and without some kill assists would have been lower. Tie (rare) gives 75 exp, UAV Kill = 60 exp each,

https://mwomercs.com...-get-xp-and-cb/

Below Paul provided a list for Matchscore, where some provide points across the board, ie Flanking, in both C-Bill, Match Performance ( which is used to calculate MS) and XP Earned, while some only give points in C-Bill/Match Performance

https://mwomercs.com...-hold-on-patch/

win - Base value for winning.
loss - Base value for losing.
teamkills - Loss for team killing.
spottingassist - Gain for spotting an enemy and that enemy takes damage. (Press R)
componentdestroyed - Gain for destroying a component on an enemy.
death - Loss for dying.
capturewin - Bonus gain for winning by capture.
captureassist - Gain for helping others capture a capture point by being in the capture radius.
suicide - Loss for suiciding.
saviorkill - Gain for helping a teammate under fire and you get the kill shot on his highest damaging opponent.
defensivekill - Gain for helping a teammate under fire and you get the kill shot on an opponent damaging them.
uavkill - Gain for any kills happening under a UAV you deployed.
uavlockeddmg - Gain for any damage done to a target that is under your UAV.
uavdetection - Gain for any new enemy detected by your UAV.
counterECM - Gain for countering enemy ECM.
counterECMLockedDmg - Gain for damage done to enemies under your counter ECM.
turretkill - Gain for killing a turret.
killblow - Gain for getting the killing blow on your enemy.
killassist - Gain for damage done to enemies upon kill but you didn't explicitly get the kill shot.
teamdmg - Loss for team damage done.
damagedone - Gain for damage done to enemies.
killmostdmg - Gain for getting the kill shot and you did the most damage to your enemy.
solokill - Gain for killing an enemy without the assistance of your teammates.
scouting - Gain for targeting enemies without damage being done.
flanking - Gain for being out of LoS to your enemy and behind enemy line.
capture - Gain for capturing a capture zone.
capturepulse - Gain for time you are capturing in a capture zone.
firstcapture - Gain for capturing the first capture zone in a match.
brawling - Gain for being in combat agaist multiple opponents.
tagdmg - Gain for any damage done to an enemy you have tagged.
tagkill - Gain for any kill done to an enemy you have tagged.
narckill - Gain for any kill done to an enemy you have narced.
hitandrun - Gain for attacking an enemy and escaping their LoS for an amount of time.
tagstealth - Gain for tagging an enemy behind enemies and not being targeted by them.
lanceformation - Gain for time spent near lancemates.
protectmedium - Gain for killing an enemy who is attacking a medium class teammate.
protectlight - Gain for killing an enemy who is attacking a light class teammate.
protectproximity - Gain for killing an enemy who is near any teammate.
powercell_pickup - Gain for picking up a power cell.
powercell_dropoff - Gain for dropping off a power cell.
incrusion_destruction - Gain for destroying objective objects in Incursion.
kill_powercell_carrier - Gain for killing a power cell carrier.
ams_missile_destroyed - Gain for missiles destroyed by your AMS system.

matchscore_scale - A multiplier used to reduce the sum of all match score activity to keep numbers reasonable.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 23 May 2021 - 03:25 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users