2 replies to this topic

#1 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 07 May 2021 - 06:23 AM

We all hate encountering Road Work. Yeah, it's a pain. Yesterday, they started paving a portion of a two-lane road and had it down to a single lane. Yeah, sucks.

I had to feel sorry for the guy holding the sign, turning it from stop to slow, repeat, repeat. His life must really suck. Perhaps the most boring job imaginable, other than a paint tester who gets to watch paint dry (yeah, it's a job). So I stopped some distance away from him, before starting to mess with his mind. I know he was wishing for a semi-truck and it's breaks would fail, but nope. He got me. Oh poor man.

Every time he would look away I would pull forward by a few feet. I managed to creep forward several yards..... lol.

Today once more I hit the road work. I could be shooting LRM's at you guys, painting mini's, or being an evil DM (that's 5d6...#character still alive...."congratulations. Good News, you didn't go splat, bad news your impaled upon a stalagmite..."), but nope. Instead of fuming at letting part of my life trickle by with the passing seconds I got out of my car and started dancing (yeah you might want to be glad you didn't see that.". After a moment he could not watch, so I took up Opera.

You know the guy was thinking I don't get paid enough for this.

Being a gamer means that it is my job to slay the evil known as boredom, even if it means messing with someone's head. Gamers, making the world safe again so people can go back to watching "Three's Company".Posted Image

#2 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,068 posts

Posted 08 May 2021 - 05:53 PM

i feel sorry for people who do jobs like this. though there are worse things. cat food taster, animal recycler (which incidently is how they get the meat for cat food), hotdog factory worker (idk how you can work for those and still enjoy hotdogs). tough there is a good chance that mr sign turner will be shoveling dirt later, at least if the foreman is smart and knows how to manage labor resources correctly,

#3 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 14 May 2021 - 06:20 AM

Cat Food Taster....yeah, lets go with that.

Working as a herder on a turkey farm....that's another. Darn things aim their back ends at you and fire off nasty.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users