Decided To Go Full Fp Again...have Some Questions.

8 replies to this topic

#1 ReemusX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 299 posts
  • LocationMidwest USA

Posted 21 May 2021 - 08:36 AM

I played faction play very avidly years ago (the old ways), about 90% of my time then was FP over QP. I also played the "new" FP for a bit and then took a break from game.

I am back about 90% FP now and noticed that Scouting is obviously gone (a shame..and lazy to not remove its components from game imo). So, that answers that one.

1: Do planets get ownership anymore? If so, are there rewards for planet ownership? I have yet to see a planet claimed by a unit.

2: Exactly what is faction play anymore? It seems to be more like a QP with 4 drops than a real strategic "wargames" setup like before. You used to be able to select planets to defend or attack depending on the war...now it just seems to be a new war with random factions over a single planet every 8hrs.

#2 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 21 May 2021 - 09:20 AM

The pop is low, not enough to support individual factions fighting anymore. Nowadays it's more to enjoy the 4 waves of mechs per match, and the Siege mode not found in QP. The fight is mostly IS vs Clan, but rarely we do get IS vs IS or Clan vs Clan action. There might still be tags, or not, I don't know nor does it matter to anyone.

#3 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 21 May 2021 - 10:31 AM

NO TAGS

#4 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,368 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 22 May 2021 - 06:56 AM

FP is fun, and you get to level up four (4) mechs at the same time :)

#5 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 22 May 2021 - 09:00 AM

View Postw0qj, on 22 May 2021 - 06:56 AM, said:

FP is fun, and you get to level up four (4) mechs at the same time :)

Knife to a gunfight...

#6 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 23 May 2021 - 06:05 PM

*Looks at fists* Wait, you brought a knife?

~Leone.

#7 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,733 posts

Posted 24 May 2021 - 06:48 PM

View Postw0qj, on 22 May 2021 - 06:56 AM, said:

FP is fun, and you get to level up four (4) mechs at the same time Posted Image

ive done that in the past and i think it did more damage to my team than good. i dont think id level mechs in fp, i would bring four solid known well performing in fp mechs.

i did once use an all hero drop deck, which was awesome at farming cbills.

Edited by LordNothing, 24 May 2021 - 06:49 PM.

#8 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 25 May 2021 - 10:12 AM

I've literally brought unskilled 3025 legal builds in and been one of the top four scores on my team. Granted That's only when facing off against aggressive teams whilst stuck with the same pugs that've been spawn camping in previous matches. I mean, single heatsinks hold more heat'n doubles, and if you know it's override and pop because no one else is willing to engage the enemy with ya, no reason not to, right? And then those skill points go into heat cap and bam! Vicious brawly monsters.

I drop in Faction to be part of a team. Best matches are when both sides work together to try and best the other. Sadly, I don't always get those matches. If I know the team I've got isn't gonna defend my drop zone, why bother to bring my best if they're gonna get focused down? I'd rather gain some skill.

~Leone.

Edited by Leone, 25 May 2021 - 10:13 AM.

#9 Surefoot

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 55 posts
  • LocationGeneva, Switzerland

Posted 25 May 2021 - 11:20 PM

View PostLeone, on 25 May 2021 - 10:12 AM, said:

I drop in Faction to be part of a team. Best matches are when both sides work together to try and best the other. Sadly, I don't always get those matches. If I know the team I've got isn't gonna defend my drop zone, why bother to bring my best if they're gonna get focused down? I'd rather gain some skill.

Kinda same here - then QP is quicker to move to next game when you dont get the opportunity to give your best.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users