[Bug] Forum Board Access Problem

5 replies to this topic

#1 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 30 May 2021 - 12:23 AM

Hello there, PGI Staff... :mellow:

I think that I have tripped on a potentially major problem over in the...

"Support & Feedback > Map Feedback > Frozen City"

...Board area of the MWO Forums as they currently are at the time of my post. Any attempt to find & read any Thread (even the latest one that has been moved there from another area) that should be in this particular Board's area fails with the...

"[#10340] You do not have permission to view this topic."

...error wrongfully showing up. Contradictorily though, this particular board area is supposed to be somewhere that people can create various threads to discuss issues with the Frozen City series of Maps that MWO currently has. This particular problem is therefore having the non-constructive & negative impact of forcing discussion to occur in other Board areas where it should not be happening, because any thread moved to the above indicated Board becomes completely inaccessible when it should still remain possible to view and discuss. That prevents the Overall MWO Community from keeping itself in proper order, thereby generating even more work unnecessarily for the Moderators that you currently have in place. :(

And that brings me to my question for those of you in PGI Staff who control the Forums' permissions... Could you PLEASE put a proper Repair on the permissions of the Board which I have identified above and make it actually usable by your MWO Community once again??? :o

~D. V. "a user on MWO's Forums who would appreciate 'Frozen City' Threads being discussable in the right place" Devnull

[...single minor Edit by the Post Author for a line-wrapping issue...]

Edited by D V Devnull, 30 May 2021 - 12:24 AM.

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 30 May 2021 - 07:06 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 30 May 2021 - 12:23 AM, said:

Hello there, PGI Staff... Posted Image

I think that I have tripped on a potentially major problem over in the...

"Support & Feedback > Map Feedback > Frozen City"

...Board area of the MWO Forums as they currently are at the time of my post. Any attempt to find & read any Thread (even the latest one that has been moved there from another area) that should be in this particular Board's area fails with the...

"[#10340] You do not have permission to view this topic."

...error wrongfully showing up.

Please, use this e-mail to contact the MWO Support service:
general@mwomercs.com

#3 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 01 June 2021 - 04:03 PM

View Postmartian, on 30 May 2021 - 07:06 AM, said:

<<< snip >>>

Please, use this e-mail to contact the MWO Support service:
general@mwomercs.com

That whole E-Mail step does not appear to be necessary at this time. The missing functionality issue that was there with the "Frozen City" Board appears to have been repaired, and things are now working normally in the way that they are supposed to again. Some very cool people in PGI's Staff appear to be watching the Forums and fixing things that get mentioned. Those same people in PGI's Staff have my thanks for monitoring and putting in that effort to do the repairs, even if they are seemingly unwilling to post back. :D

(Although, it would be fun to see them post and allow people to personally deliver thankful thoughts to them!!! ^_^ ...)

~D. V. "This case in regard to the Frozen City Board's access is now fixed and essentially closed." Devnull

#4 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 02 June 2021 - 03:48 AM

Yeah, we had a little critter crawling through the cableworks in section 36, but we blasted it with a concentrated plasma injection. Thanks for notifying!

Edited by Ekson Valdez, 02 June 2021 - 03:56 AM.

#5 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 02 June 2021 - 09:33 AM

View PostEkson Valdez, on 02 June 2021 - 03:48 AM, said:

Yeah, we had a little critter crawling through the cableworks in section 36, but we blasted it with a concentrated plasma injection. Thanks for notifying!

You're welcome! Glad that I could be of help. Any idea how the critter was not already getting harmed by the power delivery system? :)

~D. V. "always willing to help find those system-interrupting creatures so they can be removed" Devnull

[One minor little Edit by the Post's Author due to a formatting impasse... All fixed!]

Edited by D V Devnull, 02 June 2021 - 09:35 AM.

#6 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 17 June 2021 - 04:03 AM

Cat.5 shielding

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users