7 Day Premium For 5 Days

5 replies to this topic

#1 swordburden

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 May 2021 - 12:04 PM

I wasn't expecting this. On may 25th 2021 I reinstalled mechwarrior online and played to get the free mech. It stated that I got 7 days premium. But it's been at least 5 days and it says you could have made this with premium message after a game. In fact I believe my premium time ended Saturday (today Sunday)... But I didn't notice because I have been dominating so much.

#2 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 31 May 2021 - 03:34 AM

View Postswordburden, on 30 May 2021 - 12:04 PM, said:

You probably got it from an ongoing event
https://mwomercs.com/events/413
You just had to win once for it.

#3 swordburden

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 May 2021 - 10:55 AM

What are you talking about??? I'm not asking how I won it........... I said I played to get free mech.. And you redirect me to the event page I looked at to redeem the 7 erRRR.. NO 4.5 days premium time. It doesn't say anywhere you win 5 days. It's 7. SEVEN!! You know most browsers let you zoom in on the text if you can't read it. Mine is control plus to zoom in and control minus to zoom out...........

#4 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 31 May 2021 - 12:18 PM

Question for you swordburden. Did you log into the game for the first time on a long time but didnt download/load into the game until in a few days later?

If you had logged into the forums but not into the actual game til a few days later, I believe PGI changed something. Previously if you earned/redeemed reward Premium, it did not start until the first time one logs INTO the actual game. But now it appears logging into the forum without logging into the actual game starts the premium time.

A few months ago I had noticed that simply logging into the forums shows/updated the in-game unit/friend lists to show you had logged in, without logging into the actual game itself. Then I claimed my 2*7 Day Premium on the website from the last event, and when I logged into the game 2 weeks later this past weekend no Premium Time.

I do not know why they would want to jack things up like that, but if you had logged into just the forums for the first time and downloaded/logged into the game a few days later, please email accounts@mwomercs.com. I just shot an email their way just a few minutes ago myself.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 31 May 2021 - 12:29 PM.

#5 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 31 May 2021 - 01:59 PM

View Postswordburden, on 31 May 2021 - 10:55 AM, said:

What are you talking about??? I'm not asking how I won it........... I said I played to get free mech.. And you redirect me to the event page I looked at to redeem the 7 erRRR.. NO 4.5 days premium time. It doesn't say anywhere you win 5 days. It's 7. SEVEN!! You know most browsers let you zoom in on the text if you can't read it. Mine is control plus to zoom in and control minus to zoom out...........

There is no need to insult me. I misunderstood your post.
As Tarl said, I think PGI changed it so event rewards are automatically redeemed somehow. I haven't been getting the injection popup in the client anymore. If you really want to know what's going on, email support@mwomercs.com. They can tell you exactly when it triggered.

#6 swordburden

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 June 2021 - 11:59 AM

[color=#959595]Question for you swordburden. Did you log into the game for the first time on a long time but didnt download/load into the game until in a few days later?[/color]
I was logged in same time I was logged into game and forums. That is the only way I redeemed the free event. Do the quest in game and check back on forums to see if I have enough points.. No? Back to game. Then I check back and ahh I have enough points and the redeem icon isn't greyed out. I click redeem and go back to game and I have premium time. But for only 4 1/2 days.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users