Returning Founders

13 replies to this topic

#1 Farted

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 150 posts

Posted 30 May 2021 - 11:52 PM

Hey all, returning Founder's member here. Played extensively during the closed beta stages in 2012 up till after the NDA was lifted back then and was primarily a light mech pilot. Also not sure if people remembered the dancing mech video back in the day, was the creator of that. Suddenly got the itch of shooting scrap metal again after playing a ton of Battletech in Steam.

MWO seems like a totally different game now and have heaps of questions to ask but not sure where to start. Since then, what has been changed? (That's a difficult question i know). I see a few glaring ones; 12v12 now? Faction War? Solaris Arena?! Damn that's a big change. Any official discord of some sort to find groups to play with or is solo queuing safe? What's in it for founders members?

I noticed I still have my credits which were unused (PGI kept refunding them every patch update back then), and my trusty Founders Jenner (probably outdated now). I guess I can use the credits to buy an actual mech...?
Are light mechs still viable in matches? A few recent MWO videos (namely TTB and Baradul) I've seen, most players are brawling with Heavies and Assaults, no more room for flanking?

I have not fired up the game (it's in the midst of downloading at the moment), looking forward to see everyone in the battlefield again. I have a steam account; is it possible to transfer my account to steam?

Edited by Farted, 31 May 2021 - 12:04 AM.

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,713 posts

Posted 31 May 2021 - 01:45 AM

View PostFarted, on 30 May 2021 - 11:52 PM, said:

Hey all, returning Founder's member here.

Welcome back!

12v12 now?

Since 2012 or 2013.

Faction War?

Empty village, ignored by the majority of MWO players.

Solaris Arena?!

Dead game mode.

Any official discord of some sort to find groups to play with or is solo queuing safe?

There is no solo queue anymore. Solo queue and Group queue have been merged, as to give the group players the best opportunity to farm solo players who can not opt out of this arrangement.

Ask here:
Faction Play

Or here:
Competitive Play

What's in it for founders members?

I quite do not understand your question.

I noticed I still have my credits which were unused (PGI kept refunding them every patch update back then), and my trusty Founders Jenner (probably outdated now).

Jenner is still usable, although not OP.

I guess I can use the credits to buy an actual mech...?

Yes, you can.

Are light mechs still viable in matches?

In a limited fashion, yes.

A few recent MWO videos (namely TTB and Baradul) I've seen, most players are brawling with Heavies and Assaults, no more room for flanking?

The April patch improved almost all weapons in the game, but kept the amount of armor of (light) 'Mechs unchanged. Essentially, weapons hit harder while your 'Mech's armor is still the same. It is quite possible to one-shot kill or cripple a light 'Mech. Thus, everybody understands that heavy and Assault 'Mechs give you a better chance to survive such hits, thanks to their heavier armor..

Before you spend money, C-Bills or effort on something in the game, it would be a good idea to ask in this section. Some 'Mechs are not so useful.

Edited by martian, 31 May 2021 - 03:17 AM.

#3 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 31 May 2021 - 01:53 AM

launching MWO trough Steam opens the same login screen as stand alone launcher does. It is not tied to your steam account so there is nothing to transfer. It works fine.

Lights are still great. I recommend getting yourself a Wolfhound 2 with 5MPL+1ERSL.

The official MW5/MWO discord hosted by PGI is available, link somewhere and there is mwo competitive discord for serious business, link somewhere.

#4 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 31 May 2021 - 03:31 AM

Hey all, returning Founder's member here. Played extensively during the closed beta stages in 2012 up till after the NDA was lifted back then and was primarily a light mech pilot. Also not sure if people remembered the dancing mech video back in the day, was the creator of that. Suddenly got the itch of shooting scrap metal again after playing a ton of Battletech in Steam.

MWO seems like a totally different game now and have heaps of questions to ask but not sure where to start. Since then, what has been changed? (That's a difficult question i know). I see a few glaring ones; 12v12 now? Faction War? Solaris Arena?! Damn that's a big change. Any official discord of some sort to find groups to play with or is solo queuing safe? What's in it for founders members?

I noticed I still have my credits which were unused (PGI kept refunding them every patch update back then), and my trusty Founders Jenner (probably outdated now). I guess I can use the credits to buy an actual mech...?
Are light mechs still viable in matches? A few recent MWO videos (namely TTB and Baradul) I've seen, most players are brawling with Heavies and Assaults, no more room for flanking?

I have not fired up the game (it's in the midst of downloading at the moment), looking forward to see everyone in the battlefield again. I have a steam account; is it possible to transfer my account to steam?

Founders get a unique banner and title I believe. You also got a ton of banked premium time and MC, and some Founders mechs. Depending on tier. The (F) mechs give you a 30% cbill boost (was 25%), same as Hero mechs and some other Special mechs. Active premium time gives you 50% boost. Unfortunately, they're not top tier mechs anymore, but that doesn't mean they're worthless.

What changed? Well you're right, quite a bit, yet not as much as you might think. MWO is still basically a 2-team, mech combat game with no overarching story or end-gameplay. Community Warfare as it was pitched became Faction Play and it was popular at first but it never got developed to the original plan pitched by PGI. Seems most players of this game ended up being content with no-consequence Quick Play matches.
We're not in 2050 anymore. We've advanced the timeline to after the Clan wars but before the Jihad (as I understand it, I'm not a lore guy). There are more weapons and a significant number of more mechs and variants.
Skill tree is totally different.
Mechlab UI is totally different.
12v12, yes, since 2014/2015?
Solaris--flopped. Honestly, if they could do it all over again, they should have repurposed QP into Solaris and done it early.

I've been using the Steam version. It's the same game, but you need to download and install it through Steam if you do it that way. It will automatically patch for you then. If you download it from here, you can do some file copy things to save yourself the hassle of downloading it again.

Save your MC for Hero mechs which come with the cbill bonus.
Stay out of FP unless you've joined a unit or group.
Sadly, you missed the heyday of the Jenner, but it got a recent buff so it's not worthless. Play conservatively at first until you get a feel for it. You will die very quickly even from other light mechs. The stock build of the Jenner would probably work ok. Tweak it to your liking.

#5 swordburden

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 18 posts

Posted 31 May 2021 - 10:33 AM

As I would include myself as a newly returning member to mwo. I'd say this. My asf d atlas is a joke compared to the new assault mechs. The atlas was supposed to be the biggest baddest movo in the game series but now it's over powered by newer purchase mechs. The short time I got premium say 4 1/2 out of the 7 days I was given for free to come back and play, was enough to save 30,000 cbill to by the night gyr and outfit it with ctm's which dominate with tag. But 7 days premium mean to me 7 days premium, and 7 days doesn't mean 4!! Not sure how that could be understood any other way.

I have two atlas and one centurion that make 50% cbill boost. But the centurion is a joke to play. I mean it's a mech that's included in the game as fodder, or meat for the grinder.

You know the game is still very much like the game this game clones right? TANKS.... I swear they both make the same game.
This game is all about camouflage your mech. Err wait what??????!!@! No it's hide behind this and come out and shoot the other mech. Back up your mech so the wall keeps the little mech from running circles around you and shoot the little mech if you have the "skills".. Back in 2012 there was no skills. Yeah you get experience points but get this you have to use your cbills to convert your experience points into another currency sp points, to unlock swiveling your torso faster or advance zoom. Advance zoom used to be a gadget or something and now it's a skill perk. It costs 1000 mc to change your mechs color, but why you'd want to is beyond me as it easier to spot a orange or red mech rather than the green black u usually get with a cbill mech. Also I was checking out the props and by mistake I spent 200 mc I won through the latest free mech event. It only made my mech more visible target as the enemy can see the prop too. And since everyone hides their mech behind buildings and industrial objects a prop above your mech makes it stand out in adv zoom. There's even a prop of a hand pistol which I think is a cool edition but you can't exit your mech and fight it out like in the crysis mod for mechwarrior. Although since I'm typing this I guess I'm saying I enjoy mwo more than the crysis mod.... I think.... Except for the flying is pretty fun.. In mwo if you go solo and your not a very light mech your usually caught by 2 to 4 mechs and finished because you can't protect your flank. And in the begining I had full armor in the back and the front, but now they make you choose if you have front and back while sharing 120 points except for legs and arms, that means you can have 70 on front and 50 on back or 60 front and 60 back but not full armor on front and back which makes the Atlas pathetically weak. Also if you notice the Atlases look like they've been under the transform tool in photoshop they look stunted. They're not scary. They used to be wolves but now they're been man handled into something less ferocious. I get that because the newer mechs need to sell but you can buy them with 50% cbill boost too. One poster had it right if you click on founder under settings in the game your founder status will show up, but by default it doesn't. Also it has an f added to it as well. so I think my atlas is ASF-D and as a perk I get ASF-D Bracket F.....

Another thing I've seen is that since this game is about hiding behind objects for cover. COVER FROM LONG RANGE MISSLES........... COVER FROM ATM'S ? INTELIGENT MISSLES? THEY STILL DON'T ARC BACK UP IF THE MECH HIDES BEHIND COVER, THESE INTELIGENT MISSLES FLY RIGHT INTO THE COVER. Sorry about caps.

Ok another thing I think should be pointed out. There are some maps where there are large cylinders that are held up by poles and mechs can see through them while using cover. But get this.................. TAG lasers can't lock onto the mechs through the gaps in the poles. 4 poles on all the right angles of a square support structure holding up a cylinder. Have I made myself clear??? The game interprets the tag hitting a rock or a building. It cant' lock onto the mech. Also lasers....... PPC's.. They can't shoot through the poles either.. What makes this more frustrating is often the enemy team spawns closer to these poles then I do and get there first. There are no. I repeat no pole structures for me to hide behind so they see me coming simply by looking through the poles.

Also I can't respond to my own posts.

Another strange event I keep experiencing is this. I have a mech build. I don't see why I shouldn't post how it's made because really there isn't much strategy in this game for me to hide it, and you can see it in game if you die before me. I have a spider, a sdr something 5d. I have 3 light ppc's each making 7 hit points each, so that's 21 hit points. I have no. No heat sinks. So after 6 shots things get steamy. The mech literally starts to steam. It looks cool but I'm not sure why it steams. Also my mech travels at 137 kph and I have stealth armor. But 4 out of 5 games I play my team loses and I am always left playing by myself vs a tone of mechs. Very odd. There aren't a lot of mechs that take tag with them. Tag is literally the game winner in every game I've won and not enough players take it even if they have lrm boats.

#6 Farted

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 150 posts

Posted 01 June 2021 - 02:49 AM

View Postmartian, on 31 May 2021 - 01:45 AM, said:

Welcome back!

Since 2012 or 2013.

Empty village, ignored by the majority of MWO players.

Dead game mode.

There is no solo queue anymore. Solo queue and Group queue have been merged, as to give the group players the best opportunity to farm solo players who can not opt out of this arrangement.

Ask here:
Faction Play

Or here:
Competitive Play

I quite do not understand your question.

Jenner is still usable, although not OP.

Yes, you can.

In a limited fashion, yes.

The April patch improved almost all weapons in the game, but kept the amount of armor of (light) 'Mechs unchanged. Essentially, weapons hit harder while your 'Mech's armor is still the same. It is quite possible to one-shot kill or cripple a light 'Mech. Thus, everybody understands that heavy and Assault 'Mechs give you a better chance to survive such hits, thanks to their heavier armor..

Before you spend money, C-Bills or effort on something in the game, it would be a good idea to ask in this section. Some 'Mechs are not so useful.

Thanks for the in depth summary of the current state, appreciate it. I think CaptainJZ below answered my founders question.

View PostGagis, on 31 May 2021 - 01:53 AM, said:

launching MWO trough Steam opens the same login screen as stand alone launcher does. It is not tied to your steam account so there is nothing to transfer. It works fine.

Lights are still great. I recommend getting yourself a Wolfhound 2 with 5MPL+1ERSL.

The official MW5/MWO discord hosted by PGI is available, link somewhere and there is mwo competitive discord for serious business, link somewhere.

Righto, thanks for the tips. I've since launched from Steam and all is well. The UI font for the Mechlab is awfully small though.

Discord seems more active into MW5 (I'm guessing its because of the recent launch)

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 31 May 2021 - 03:31 AM, said:

Founders get a unique banner and title I believe. You also got a ton of banked premium time and MC, and some Founders mechs. Depending on tier. The (F) mechs give you a 30% cbill boost (was 25%), same as Hero mechs and some other Special mechs. Active premium time gives you 50% boost. Unfortunately, they're not top tier mechs anymore, but that doesn't mean they're worthless.

What changed? Well you're right, quite a bit, yet not as much as you might think. MWO is still basically a 2-team, mech combat game with no overarching story or end-gameplay. Community Warfare as it was pitched became Faction Play and it was popular at first but it never got developed to the original plan pitched by PGI. Seems most players of this game ended up being content with no-consequence Quick Play matches.
We're not in 2050 anymore. We've advanced the timeline to after the Clan wars but before the Jihad (as I understand it, I'm not a lore guy). There are more weapons and a significant number of more mechs and variants.
Skill tree is totally different.
Mechlab UI is totally different.
12v12, yes, since 2014/2015?
Solaris--flopped. Honestly, if they could do it all over again, they should have repurposed QP into Solaris and done it early.

I've been using the Steam version. It's the same game, but you need to download and install it through Steam if you do it that way. It will automatically patch for you then. If you download it from here, you can do some file copy things to save yourself the hassle of downloading it again.

Save your MC for Hero mechs which come with the cbill bonus.
Stay out of FP unless you've joined a unit or group.
Sadly, you missed the heyday of the Jenner, but it got a recent buff so it's not worthless. Play conservatively at first until you get a feel for it. You will die very quickly even from other light mechs. The stock build of the Jenner would probably work ok. Tweak it to your liking.

Great, thanks for the founders explanation.
Skill tree is quite overwhelming, but then again I don't have much EXP to convert as of now.

View Postswordburden, on 31 May 2021 - 10:33 AM, said:

This game is all about camouflage your mech. Err wait what??????!!@! No it's hide behind this and come out and shoot the other mech. Back up your mech so the wall keeps the little mech from running circles around you and shoot the little mech if you have the "skills".. Back in 2012 there was no skills. Yeah you get experience points but get this you have to use your cbills to convert your experience points into another currency sp points, to unlock swiveling your torso faster or advance zoom. Advance zoom used to be a gadget or something and now it's a skill perk. It costs 1000 mc to change your mechs color, but why you'd want to is beyond me as it easier to spot a orange or red mech rather than the green black u usually get with a cbill mech. Also I was checking out the props and by mistake I spent 200 mc I won through the latest free mech event. It only made my mech more visible target as the enemy can see the prop too. And since everyone hides their mech behind buildings and industrial objects a prop above your mech makes it stand out in adv zoom. There's even a prop of a hand pistol which I think is a cool edition but you can't exit your mech and fight it out like in the crysis mod for mechwarrior. Although since I'm typing this I guess I'm saying I enjoy mwo more than the crysis mod.... I think.... Except for the flying is pretty fun.. In mwo if you go solo and your not a very light mech your usually caught by 2 to 4 mechs and finished because you can't protect your flank. And in the begining I had full armor in the back and the front, but now they make you choose if you have front and back while sharing 120 points except for legs and arms, that means you can have 70 on front and 50 on back or 60 front and 60 back but not full armor on front and back which makes the Atlas pathetically weak. Also if you notice the Atlases look like they've been under the transform tool in photoshop they look stunted. They're not scary. They used to be wolves but now they're been man handled into something less ferocious. I get that because the newer mechs need to sell but you can buy them with 50% cbill boost too. One poster had it right if you click on founder under settings in the game your founder status will show up, but by default it doesn't. Also it has an f added to it as well. so I think my atlas is ASF-D and as a perk I get ASF-D Bracket F.....

Hmm that's ashame; Atlases were pretty beast back in 2012.
As I said above, skills are pretty overwhelming. Not sure why advance zoom is not a gadget (I mean there are rangefinders of some sort in Battletech right?)

Another thing I've seen is that since this game is about hiding behind objects for cover. COVER FROM LONG RANGE MISSLES........... COVER FROM ATM'S ? INTELIGENT MISSLES? THEY STILL DON'T ARC BACK UP IF THE MECH HIDES BEHIND COVER, THESE INTELIGENT MISSLES FLY RIGHT INTO THE COVER. Sorry about caps.

I have noticed this on my 3rd game; why do they fly into the cover? Are they actually hitting something?

Ok another thing I think should be pointed out. There are some maps where there are large cylinders that are held up by poles and mechs can see through them while using cover. But get this.................. TAG lasers can't lock onto the mechs through the gaps in the poles. 4 poles on all the right angles of a square support structure holding up a cylinder. Have I made myself clear??? The game interprets the tag hitting a rock or a building. It cant' lock onto the mech. Also lasers....... PPC's.. They can't shoot through the poles either.. What makes this more frustrating is often the enemy team spawns closer to these poles then I do and get there first. There are no. I repeat no pole structures for me to hide behind so they see me coming simply by looking through the poles.

Thanks for the heads up.

There aren't a lot of mechs that take tag with them. Tag is literally the game winner in every game I've won and not enough players take it even if they have lrm boats.

Well you know what they say, information is key.
From some youtube videos I've seen, UAVs or spotting items like TAGs are really handy for the team. I guess in QP maybe most people just want to get mechs pounding and not care for the auxiliary stuff

#7 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,698 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 01 June 2021 - 04:01 AM

But the centurion is a joke to play. I mean it's a mech that's included in the game as fodder, or meat for the grinder.
Hardly, you can run some pretty effective loadouts on it.

No it's hide behind this and come out and shoot the other mech.
If you're not in the range to kick the enemy's ***, prancing about with no cover just makes you a target for enemy snipers and LRMs.

It costs 1000 mc to change your mechs color,
Doesn't. Each paint color costs once, after which they're unlocked forever and useable without paying again.

In mwo if you go solo and your not a very light mech your usually caught by 2 to 4 mechs and finished because you can't protect your flank.
And that's not unexpected, it's the logical outcome of that operator error.

that means you can have 70 on front and 50 on back or 60 front and 60 back but not full armor on front and back which makes the Atlas pathetically weak.
Unless you have no tactical awareness, your back armor will not matter so much to put fifty points there. Typically people use 5 points, 10 at most.

COVER FROM LONG RANGE MISSLES........... COVER FROM ATM'S ? INTELIGENT MISSLES? THEY STILL DON'T ARC BACK UP IF THE MECH HIDES BEHIND COVER, THESE INTELIGENT MISSLES FLY RIGHT INTO THE COVER.
The missile flight aims for the target's center of mass. The exact arc depends if you do or do not have LOS to the target (with LOS, the arc is flatter, without it's higher)

But 4 out of 5 games I play my team loses and I am always left playing by myself vs a tone of mechs. Very odd.
The common factor between those matches is you and your mech.

There aren't a lot of mechs that take tag with them. Tag is literally the game winner in every game I've won and not enough players take it even if they have lrm boats.
Running support equipment with no guarantee you will run into teammates who can benefit from it tends to be a bad idea in QP. And no, TAG is not a game winner - by itself it's actually quite useless. It's a force multiplier if you or your team have lock-on missiles.

Edited by Horseman, 01 June 2021 - 04:06 AM.

#8 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,404 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 01 June 2021 - 05:22 AM

Returned Summer'2020, and having a blast!
With Weapon rebalancing, mobility rebalancing, and eventually revised mech quirks, it actually feels like a new game to me!

Now planning which IS + Clan Ultimate Packages to get towards the likely Annual (loyalty) Rewards hopefully in Nov'2021 !

(Previously left MWO after the Clan Wave I - Gold Khan mech fiasco--voted with my wallet).

#9 swordburden

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 June 2021 - 12:28 PM

[color=#959595]TAG is not a game winner [/color]
It is a game winner. If you look at the generic load outs of most of the mechs you can purchase in the game with cbill's they usually come with lrm's, streak's, other guided munitions. Unless you know for sure what your team has and your playing a clan game and I'm not referring to clan games, tag is a game winner. I can have no weapons but tag and I get game assist kills, that's at least 100,000 cbill's per game for assists (for me) and 100k more for each kill, and I"m not talking about maximum damage when everyone is shooting the same mech. I further explain myself why I think tag is a game winner and what I mean by game winner..

This is something of a statement and a question. First the question. The game chooses who is on what team without allowing the user to chose his own team... That is unless you have a friend that is joining? If so then this would explain why in quick match I play against 6 players that have ecm.. That's the entire enemy team, all of them have ecm.. This hasn't been the first time I've played games like this before either. Only way to counter ecm is with another ecm. But all players with ecm are on enemy side. No one had tag. No way to counter the ecm but get right in there and each of my allies were picked off before they could get in range. Now I know that's one example and it doesn't happen all the time. What I said in my first paragraph explains that most mechs have some sort of guided munitions. What does tag do? Tag is a laser right? A very poor and weak laser by any means today. I know military spec lasers can point out targets easily 3km away, that's over 3,000 Meters. But this state of the art 400 year in the future? laser can only paint light 700-750 Meters away? lol.. I get it.. It's to balance game..But the tag counters electronic counter measures gadget. Great. It also points out other mechs so they appear on radar and in your user gui next to your cross hair's and other user info. Also it lights up mechs with stealth armor as well (yes they use ecm but the tech is different, it's stealth). So that and infrared vision it's the most useful tool in the game. But the user has to equip TAG in the mech taking up ton and slots. Another thing I thought up of is that with TAG you don't have to rely on the user to click R and target the mech they're playing when they don't have guided muntions themselves or if they don't feel like it. Some one can paint the target without having to be in range of their say the "steel bolt shooter" that hits with 25 points on damage or the "shotgun" that deals 20 damage but both weapons get weak after say 600 Meters. It's a game winner if more players (not people) used it!!! TAG simply outperforms every weapon, vision mode, without dealing any damage it self directly.

Also I'm not saying TAG is a weapon and that makes it a game winner. Also TAG isn't perfect I haven't read anything in this thread that points out that TAG can't paint mech's that only show 1/8th of the mech, just the top of the mech and a bit of glass. It doesn't act like a real laser at all. So the game code need's the player's enemy mech to be visible to the TAG by atleast 1/4 of the mech or 1/3 before registering in game as a painted target. And the player has to aim and hold down a key on their keyboard or mouse, or joystick, or game controller to paint the other mech.

P.s I haven't been able to figure out how to tap into allie's UAV's floating around. UAV's are only for player mechs? I haven't noticed that UAV's paint targets or counter ecm's do they?

P.p.s. I can explain the intelligence of guided munitions like this. Picture your battlefield as a flat piece of paper. You click for target and it locks on. Then you fire your munition and it fly's to the target. The target moves away from the stream's of missiles hitting it and hides behind a birthday card that was laid down on the piece of paper. Now as long as your target is no higher than the birthday card the missile's fly into the middle of the birthday card and explode doing no damage to your target. But if your target is taller than the birthday card then it gets damage until it dies. There are no hills on paper right? I haven't seen any. So hills don't stop missiles from flying over them. Unless they're cliff's then they act like birthday cards as well.

Edited by swordburden, 01 June 2021 - 12:53 PM.

#10 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,698 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 01 June 2021 - 03:09 PM

View Postswordburden, on 01 June 2021 - 12:28 PM, said:

It is a game winner.

and I"m not talking about maximum damage when everyone is shooting the same mech. I further explain myself why I think tag is a game winner and what I mean by game winner..

It's a game winner if more players (not people) used it!!! TAG simply outperforms every weapon, vision mode, without dealing any damage it self directly.
Okay, so here's a simple question. One side armed with only TAGs. Other side, one Locust with a Small Laser. What do you think happens?
Easy: the Locust trounces your TAGs because he has an actual weapon.

TAG is a multiplier - and will only benefit your team if there's something to be multiplied (ie lock-on missiles) on it.
If there isn't, you're multiplying a zero and getting a zero.

If you look at the generic load outs of most of the mechs you can purchase in the game with cbill's they usually come with lrm's, streak's, other guided munitions.

What I said in my first paragraph explains that most mechs have some sort of guided munitions.
Most mechs don't because most players don't run stock or superstock mechs in QP. The baseline is rebuilding mechs to personal preference (and/or meta builds) and stock loadouts are basically irrelevant.

Investing slots and tonnage into a support system that doesn't benefit your loadout (ie: anything that isn't a LRM or ATM boat, because Streaks benefit from Active Probes more than from TAG) is a gamble, and practically one that won't benefit you or your team more often than it will.

can have no weapons but tag and I get game assist kills, that's at least 100,000 cbill's per game for assists (for me) and 100k more for each kill,
The scoring isn't actually that generous. https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__6266075

Only way to counter ecm is with another ecm.
There's a sensor the ECM can't beat. It's known as eyeball mark one. All your team had to do is use the ones they have and communicate enemy positions to each other on VOIP.

Some one can paint the target without having to be in range of their say the "steel bolt shooter" that hits with 25 points on damage or the "shotgun" that deals 20 damage but both weapons get weak after say 600 Meters.
Or you can build an ERLL or ERPPC boat and melt your opponents to slag from a range far outside what their targeting laser is capable of.

P.s I haven't been able to figure out how to tap into allie's UAV's floating around. UAV's are only for player mechs? I haven't noticed that UAV's paint targets or counter ecm's do they?
UAVs detect mechs in their radius, counter ECM within that radius and share the detected mechs with your entire team.

But if your target is taller than the birthday card then it gets damage until it dies.
If you have an infinite amount of time, your target doesn't do jack while taking your rain and you don't have several enemy mechs about to tear your missile boat to shreds. All of those assumptions are false.

Edited by Horseman, 01 June 2021 - 03:12 PM.

#11 swordburden

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 June 2021 - 05:42 AM

[color=#959595]There's a sensor the ECM can't beat. It's known as eyeball mark one. All your team had to do is use the ones they have and communicate enemy positions to each other on VOIP[/color]

That's funny. Eyeball mark 1 haha. I didn't refer to a clan game here. Quick match with players you don't really know and who generally don't respond at all all, most of the time, because you don't know them.

[color=#959595]Easy: the Locust trounces your TAGs because he has an actual weapon.[/color]
Why not add something constructive. Who would add more than one tag to the same arm? You said tags which implied more than one btw. There are plenty of mechs that can add a TAG to their mechs without costing them a battle.

[color=#959595]Or you can build an ERLL or ERPPC boat and melt your opponents to slag from a range far outside what their targeting laser is capable of.[/color]

They create massive amounts of heat. C-LRM's don't create as much heat when fired.

What does Qp stand for? Quick match? What does the P stand for?

You join a group of friends and they don't run stock. I agree. But players on quick match? That's all I play.

Also I'd like to add when the player can target another mech there is a red square around the target. Sometimes without that red square it is very hard to see that mech moving using advance zoom. ECM counters the red box and makes you look for yourself which can be very tricky. I see a mech in h6 but another player looks towards h6 and see's nothing.

Edited by swordburden, 02 June 2021 - 05:48 AM.

#12 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,404 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 02 June 2021 - 07:57 AM

QP = Quick Play, the green button on your top-right hand corner in the MWO game client!

View Postswordburden, on 02 June 2021 - 05:42 AM, said:

...What does Qp stand for? Quick match? What does the P stand for?

#13 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,805 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 02 June 2021 - 09:15 AM

Why not add something constructive. Who would add more than one tag to the same arm? You said tags which implied more than one btw. There are plenty of mechs that can add a TAG to their mechs without costing them a battle.

Having a TAG has a few positive effects besides doing missile locks. It speeds up target info gathering, it earns you more cBills and match score simply for tagging people, it locks ECM and Stealth equipped mechs (from outside their bubble) for your team to now see, and it serves as a laser sight so you can better aim for the component location on the target mech.

On mechs that can spare a ton or so, TAG or Active Probe is a worthwhile investment for the team. Knowing is half the battle! (The rest is violence...)

#14 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,698 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 03 June 2021 - 12:55 AM

That's funny. Eyeball mark 1 haha. I didn't refer to a clan game here.
Neither did I.

Quick match with players you don't really know and who generally don't respond at all all, most of the time, because you don't know them.
In my experience, most of the time they either respond or react, at least at least once you're out of the cesspit in the bottom tiers.

Who would add more than one tag to the same arm?
I've seen players do that, actually.

You said tags which implied more than one btw.
... or more than one mech.

There are plenty of mechs that can add a TAG to their mechs without costing them a battle.
Irrelevant. You made the claim that, quote,

View Postswordburden, on 01 June 2021 - 12:28 PM, said:

TAG simply outperforms every weapon, vision mode, without dealing any damage it self directly.

I have given you an example to illustrate how ridiculous your statement was.

They create massive amounts of heat. C-LRM's don't create as much heat when fired.
You're taking them apart from a range where they can do no damage to you. The only thing your heat efficiency changes there is how fast you kill them. Theirs is entirely irrelevant, since they're too far to even piss at you.

What does Qp stand for? Quick match? What does the P stand for?

Posted Image

But players on quick match?
Outside of the cesspool, none of them run stock builds. Refitting and optimizing your mechs is an intended part of the game.

That's all I play.
And? Just because you decided to play by your own house rules does not obligate the majority of the playerbase to share in your failure.

Sometimes without that red square it is very hard to see that mech moving using advance zoom. ECM counters the red box and makes you look for yourself which can be very tricky. I see a mech in h6 but another player looks towards h6 and see's nothing.
That's what the comms are for.

Edited by Horseman, 03 June 2021 - 01:40 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users