124 replies to this topic

#21 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 02 June 2021 - 02:17 AM

its the Same Problem like other FPS (CoD warzone ) many Folks have Problems to fight over Distance and tactical Awarness ,the most have good Reactions, only for one Target and in close Range ,its the Target a little more out of close, the most Hits misses ,and the Aim is terrible by Moving.you seeimg many Folks thats use Brawl Builds and fight in max Zoom in Close Combat and like Koop in Cod ,the most useless as Teamplayer, make her own Thing only seeing her own Points and fails...12 Singleplayer thats fails all for herself while all have her own Singleplayer Plan ,and each Plan is **** in a pure Teamplay Shooter who you not can make Lucky Kills and One Hit Kills and a single Mech ist most helpless to kill a other Opponent alone and after it most near the Deathline.

Edit: sorry ...english never learned in the School ,and Deepl by translating it back say is ok ?!

Edited by MW Waldorf Statler, 03 June 2021 - 02:30 AM.

#22 VeeOt Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,081 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 02 June 2021 - 10:33 AM

is it bad that i understood your post completely Statler? (not criticizing as i'm assuming English isn't your first language.) i also agree.

anything though that lowers the number of nascar matches is good in my book. the brawl should be the end of the match not the goal (not saying brawl mechs are bad but just that every mech doesn't need to be a brawl build). i like my mid to long range builds (hell i love me some LRM now and again. before the meta cry babies start, i don't care what you think LRM are alright weapons with so many counters that they can be frustrating to play sometimes and do indeed take some skill to use effectively). some maps the brawl is more important that others (compare Solaris City to say polar, polar is geared towards long range engagements where Solaris is the exact opposite with the majority of combat being that close in knife fight.). hell if what map you get was a little more evenly spread instead of the same two maps again and again i think you would see a more even distribution of mech build types. (i get sick and tired of Mining Collective, i would rather play Terra Therma or Caustic in an all energy build than Mining and Solaris time after time in any build.)

#23 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,246 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 03 June 2021 - 10:00 AM

View PostKhobai, on 01 June 2021 - 12:37 PM, said:

Even 500 damage in a medium isnt enough to maintain PSR on a loss sometimes which I dont really get. I guess it all depends how much tonnage is in the game.

It depends on how well you're other teammates do. If you did 500 and the rest of the team did 200 or less, you for sure gain PSR on a loss.

View PostTier5 Kerensky, on 01 June 2021 - 08:27 AM, said:

Just wondering why. People advance for some point, but then they don't even poke.

Because NASCAR sucks and is finally not the de facto tactic in this game?

View PostVlad Ward, on 01 June 2021 - 12:42 PM, said:

You mean matches might start lasting more than an average of 4 and a half minutes - a minute of which is just running from spawn? Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Also want to give a shout out to the guys telling me to come up to the front lines and share armor in my ER LL Dual Gauss Mad Cat.

You guys are the real MVPs, and I should of course only exist to tank damage for you no matter what loadout I bring. Put those Gauss-bearing shield arms to good use amirite??

#24 Johnny Slam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 235 posts
  • Locationah hah!

Posted 03 June 2021 - 07:44 PM

View PostTier5 Kerensky, on 01 June 2021 - 08:27 AM, said:

Just wondering why. People advance for some point, but then they don't even poke.

Could be all the new folks still getting their legs.

#25 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 03 June 2021 - 07:55 PM

You guys are the real MVPs, and I should of course only exist to tank damage for you no matter what loadout I bring. Put those Gauss-bearing shield arms to good use amirite??

sharing armor is a crucial part of winning the game.

all other things being equal, the team that distributes damage evenly across their mechs is going to beat a team that doesnt, by virtue of having more mechs alive.

#26 cougurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • 669 posts

Posted 03 June 2021 - 09:11 PM

View PostKhobai, on 03 June 2021 - 07:55 PM, said:

all other things being equal, the team that distributes damage evenly across their mechs is going to beat a team that doesnt, by virtue of having more mechs alive.

not necessarily. it's important to cycle out damaged mechs so they can stay alive and continue to be useful, but that doesn't mean you should be eating unnecessary damage if you can help it. the important thing is that you present a sufficient enough threat to the enemy team that they're forced to make the choice of ignoring you and getting punished for it, or diverting attention away from the main body of your team to deal with you. i would also argue that heavier mechs are generally better suited for this role, as they have the tonnage to effectively utilize the hotter and heavier ranged weapons, and being farther away from the enemy helps mitigate the drawbacks of being big and slow.

#27 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 03 June 2021 - 09:29 PM

View Postcougurt, on 03 June 2021 - 09:11 PM, said:

not necessarily. it's important to cycle out damaged mechs so they can stay alive and continue to be useful, but that doesn't mean you should be eating unnecessary damage if you can help it. the important thing is that you present a sufficient enough threat to the enemy team that they're forced to make the choice of ignoring you and getting punished for it, or diverting attention away from the main body of your team to deal with you. i would also argue that heavier mechs are generally better suited for this role, as they have the tonnage to effectively utilize the hotter and heavier ranged weapons, and being farther away from the enemy helps mitigate the drawbacks of being big and slow.

of course you shouldnt be taking damage for no reason that goes without saying. every time you peek you need to do more damage than you take in return. and sharing armor is all about making yourself a target so the more damaged mechs on your team can shoot too without being the primary target.

but if you refuse to ever share armor youre not helping your team in that regard at all.

thats exactly why hiding in the back with gauss and lrms is looked down upon. its a selfish way of playing the game. especially when they have the nerve to tell other people to hold locks for them instead of getting their own.

Edited by Khobai, 03 June 2021 - 09:34 PM.

#28 cougurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • 669 posts

Posted 03 June 2021 - 09:39 PM

View PostKhobai, on 03 June 2021 - 09:29 PM, said:

of course you shouldnt be taking damage for no reason. every time you peek you need to do more damage than you take in return. and sharing armor is all about making yourself a target so more damage mechs on your team arnt targets instead.

but if youre not sharing armor at all youre not helping your team in that regard at all.

thats exactly why hiding in the back with gauss and lrms is looked down upon

there's a big difference between holding a power position and getting in loads of unanswered damage, and having no impact on the match because you're king of zimbabwe. people look down on ranged playstyles because they're unable to differentiate between the two.

#29 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 03 June 2021 - 10:00 PM

View Postcougurt, on 03 June 2021 - 09:39 PM, said:

there's a big difference between holding a power position and getting in loads of unanswered damage, and having no impact on the match because you're king of zimbabwe. people look down on ranged playstyles because they're unable to differentiate between the two.

more often than not people in ranged mechs suck.

#30 cougurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • 669 posts

Posted 03 June 2021 - 10:20 PM

View PostKhobai, on 03 June 2021 - 10:00 PM, said:

i could say the same about all the braindead nascar players and the obligatory guy who charges in and dies in the first 2 minutes. the fact is, most players aren't very good. it's just that the ranged players have a particular stigma because you more frequently get to witness their final moments of uselessness firsthand.

#31 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 04 June 2021 - 12:52 AM

I would like to point out that if I can get my damage in and sometimes even clear a mech in those two minutes they are time well spent. Then I can requeue for another match. Besides, most of my mechs in Quickplay go assault speed so the team can keep up if'n they wanna join.

~Leone.

#32 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 04 June 2021 - 01:58 AM

I cannot say I've noticed too much an increase in passiveness.

I am seeing people getting deleted for some of the usually poor decisions players make. If you're going to go around a corner into 4 mechs and get deleted - can't say I have an issue with that.

If the game slows down a little and forces people to think before they shoot/move that is also a win as opposed to the blind rotations that seem to have subsided, a little, so far.

#33 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 04 June 2021 - 02:18 AM

the Big Moment when by the Factory Map 11 Mates dead ,and the Last Stand its a LRM Boat Assault with 100% Armor standing near the Droppoint against 8 Enemys

#34 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 04 June 2021 - 04:06 AM

View Postcougurt, on 03 June 2021 - 10:20 PM, said:

i could say the same about all the braindead nascar players and the obligatory guy who charges in and dies in the first 2 minutes. the fact is, most players aren't very good. it's just that the ranged players have a particular stigma because you more frequently get to witness their final moments of uselessness firsthand.

at least theyre sharing armor though

#35 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,246 posts

Posted 04 June 2021 - 05:30 AM

You can share armor with out rushing to the front of the team to protect a random other player when using a mech designed for longer range and nowhere near effective as a tank.

Tell me again how I should be up front tanking in a dual gauss Mad Cat.

#36 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,246 posts

Posted 04 June 2021 - 05:49 AM

View PostKhobai, on 03 June 2021 - 10:00 PM, said:

Sorry, not going to be able to persuade me that my mid-long range alpha build is better served pushing up to the front and trying to brawl vs taking up a position with overwatch and taking away chunks of enemy mechs 90 damage at a time. You play how you want, but I like to actually do well and try to win. One of my teammates being overenthusiastic and giving away armor is not my problem.

#37 MechB Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 720 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 04 June 2021 - 06:00 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 04 June 2021 - 05:49 AM, said:

Sorry, not going to be able to persuade me that my mid-long range alpha build is better served pushing up to the front and trying to brawl vs taking up a position with overwatch and taking away chunks of enemy mechs 90 damage at a time. You play how you want, but I like to actually do well and try to win. One of my teammates being overenthusiastic and giving away armor is not my problem.

So this.

#38 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 04 June 2021 - 06:09 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 04 June 2021 - 05:49 AM, said:

Agreed.

Playing a build/mech how it should be rather than the "you need to be up the front sharing your armour" mantra that is largely pedalled in the lower tiers/units.

The amount of times I've won because of or at least come close to carrying the win is phenomenal. Happens so, so often. Even in a 600m ranged mech - play it at 600m. There is no need to be in range of everything from SPL, SRM to MRMs and HGauss if you don't need to be.

#39 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 04 June 2021 - 06:40 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 04 June 2021 - 05:30 AM, said:

You can share armor with out rushing to the front of the team to protect a random other player when using a mech designed for longer range and nowhere near effective as a tank.

Tell me again how I should be up front tanking in a dual gauss Mad Cat.

um sharing armor is not the same thing as tanking. i think youre confused about the difference.

sharing armor is about presenting the enemy with multiple targets simultaneously so the damage gets distributed across your team.

and you absolutely should be sharing armor in a dual gauss madcat. its strange that you think you shouldnt share armor just because you have gauss. When I play a dual gauss/laser vomit ebon jaguar and I dont hide in the way back like a coward and only attack enemies when they shoot at teammates in front of me. I try to poke at the same time as my other teammates so the return fire gets spread out more and I take my share of the hits. when im really damaged thats when ill rotate to the back, after ive done some armor sharing.

whereas tanking is a little more extreme. its when you actively try to get hit to help the rest of your team gain the initiative. like when an annihilator will lead a charge into the enemy followed by the rest of their team. the annihilator deliberately makes themselves the primary target and tries to tank as much of the damage as they can. and no you shouldnt try tanking in a madcat.

The amount of times I've won because of or at least come close to carrying the win is phenomenal. Happens so, so often. Even in a 600m ranged mech - play it at 600m. There is no need to be in range of everything from SPL, SRM to MRMs and HGauss if you don't need to be

obviously. no one is saying play a gauss build at 270m. but you can still share armor at 600m because the enemy has 600m range weapons too.

and its certainly better if the enemy's damage gets distributed across multiple mechs on your team instead of hammering the same mech over and over until its dead. I often see teams lose because too few mechs are poking while the rest hide and the mechs that are doing the poking are taking all the hits. the LRM assaults are the worst ones for doing that, they expect you to waste your armor holding locks for them, while they hide in the back.

Edited by Khobai, 04 June 2021 - 07:15 AM.

#40 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,246 posts

Posted 04 June 2021 - 08:42 AM

View PostKhobai, on 04 June 2021 - 06:40 AM, said:

um sharing armor is not the same thing as tanking. i think youre confused about the difference.

I'm not confused about the difference. But when I'm trading at mid-long range and getting shot, and my teammates are demanding that I come up to the front to use my armor, they aren't asking me to present myself to enemy fire, they just want more meat shields up front.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users