#1 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 02 June 2021 - 07:20 AM

So....

Having bought MW5 on Epic, I now can't by the DLC on Steam correct? Instead of expecting people to stick with Epic and their software which bogs your computer down, perhaps let people switch over the Steam?

I am not buying anything else on the Epic Store, and I am not re-buying MW5 (especially since its me and my son with copies of the game)

So...

How about it?

#2 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 02 June 2021 - 07:27 AM

I need to bookmark this video its basically perfect for so many threads, Just imagine this is Russ.

#3 Spheroid

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 02 June 2021 - 08:26 AM

Your position generates zero sympathy. Its sounds like you knew Epic was crap, you knew it was getting a Steam release and you still made the poor decision to buy the initial release.

Edited by Spheroid, 02 June 2021 - 08:27 AM.

#4 grim spider

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 02 June 2021 - 08:47 AM

you will buy it again and you will like it

#5 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,748 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 02 June 2021 - 08:53 AM

View Post___, on 02 June 2021 - 08:47 AM, said:

you will buy it again and you will like it

Muuust.... buuuy... twiiiiice...

Posted Image

#6 Vlad Ward

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 02 June 2021 - 10:13 AM

You can just run the Mechwarrior.exe executable from the game directory. You don't have to have the EGS launcher open. Set up a shortcut on your desktop if you want. If it's anything like steam, you may have to periodically log in to the launcher for the DRM, but just close it right away and you should be fine.

#7 Armchair General

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • 95 posts

Posted 02 June 2021 - 10:22 AM

#8 SomersetStriker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 297 posts

Posted 02 June 2021 - 11:49 AM

View PostVlad Ward, on 02 June 2021 - 10:13 AM, said:

You can just run the Mechwarrior.exe executable from the game directory. You don't have to have the EGS launcher open.

Think I read that changed after the update with the dlc. I didn't try. It really should only be necessary for technical testing and not for "I don't like the launcher tehehehe" nonsense.

View PostBelorion, on 02 June 2021 - 07:20 AM, said:

Having bought MW5 on Epic, I now can't by the DLC on Steam correct? Instead of expecting people to stick with Epic and their software which bogs your computer down, perhaps let people switch over the Steam?

Literally, just about no company does this. Steam won't do this for you either. I don't get people who complain about it. You should probably stop using computers lol. You have the game. GET OVER IT lol.

You think Steam doesn't have 100% CPU issues, Steam not allowing you to play your game issues, etc. It does. It has a lot of problems. Did you complain about Steam when it first came out PROBABLY. You probably did. Get over it lol.

You have the game. Go and play it.

Edited by SomersetStriker, 02 June 2021 - 11:56 AM.

#9 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 02 June 2021 - 12:43 PM

View PostBelorion, on 02 June 2021 - 07:20 AM, said:

So...

How about it?

Mind gifting me the GoG version of the game and DLC? I mean, I decided to keep my preorder because Epic is at least better'n Steam and I keep them around for gaming with friends, besides, I'm impatient. And I don't really want to buy the game again right now.

So.. How bout it? Never hurts to ask right?

~Leone.

#10 Vlad Ward

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 02 June 2021 - 02:53 PM

View PostSomersetStriker, on 02 June 2021 - 11:49 AM, said:

Think I read that changed after the update with the dlc. I didn't try. It really should only be necessary for technical testing and not for "I don't like the launcher tehehehe" nonsense.

I own the game and DLC on EGS and tested it just before making the post. Still works fine.

Launching an application from its native location in the file structure is hardly 'Technical.'

#11 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,735 posts

Posted 02 June 2021 - 06:29 PM

i miss launching things from the command line, but opening the command line requires the same number of mouse clicks that just launching the game does.

i dont mind having to launch from epic. an old timer like me still has fond memories of epic.

you know how long reflective surfaces like that were lostech.

i still wont touch the ms store with a 10 foot pole. and if we can go back to a system where i can buy and use software anonymously, id jump on that.

Edited by LordNothing, 02 June 2021 - 06:38 PM.

#12 Belorion

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 02 June 2021 - 06:34 PM

View PostSpheroid, on 02 June 2021 - 08:26 AM, said:

Your position generates zero sympathy. Its sounds like you knew Epic was crap, you knew it was getting a Steam release and you still made the poor decision to buy the initial release.

I actually didn't know. I never owned any Epic games. I know a couple of the developers, but didn't play the games.

#13 InvictusLee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,693 posts
  • LocationStanding atop my MKII's missile pack, having a whisky and a cigar.

Posted 02 June 2021 - 07:24 PM

View PostLeone, on 02 June 2021 - 12:43 PM, said:

Mind gifting me the GoG version of the game and DLC? I mean, I decided to keep my preorder because Epic is at least better'n Steam and I keep them around for gaming with friends, besides, I'm impatient. And I don't really want to buy the game again right now.

So.. How bout it? Never hurts to ask right?

~Leone.
i second that.
Can you gift me a version of the game with the dlc on every platform? Lol

#14 Roll Beefgristle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 02 June 2021 - 07:41 PM

Hello while we are just asking for things I would like a horse. It can be an ugly or weird one no one wants I don't care. It never hurts to ask for a horse so please just leave it under the front mat thank you.

#15 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 02 June 2021 - 07:44 PM

Glad I waited.

#16 Abisha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 03 June 2021 - 09:12 AM

ah what's wrong with Epic?

wish i could turn all my steam games to epic

#17 DisasterTheory

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 371 posts

Posted 03 June 2021 - 10:50 AM

PGI should AT THE VERY LEAST give Epic game users their own product key to activate the game on Steam. This would allow us to get achievements and interact with players on the steam community. Its not giving a free copy, its giving you a key you already paid for that EPIC won't show you.

#18 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 03 June 2021 - 11:15 AM

What? No. That makes no sense.

If you get a dvd from a friend, but also want my copy f that dvd, I'mma charge you. We're not that close. That's how this works. You got something from Epic andnow you want the same thing from steam, well Steam wants it's money. How is this hard to understand?

Products and services can be traded for money. Every company likes money. Just offer money, and you can get your copy from whomever you want. Companies don't work if they give out products for free all the time.

~Leone.

#19 Belorion

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 03 June 2021 - 11:23 AM

View PostLeone, on 03 June 2021 - 11:15 AM, said:

What? No. That makes no sense.

If you get a dvd from a friend, but also want my copy f that dvd, I'mma charge you. We're not that close. That's how this works. You got something from Epic andnow you want the same thing from steam, well Steam wants it's money. How is this hard to understand?

Products and services can be traded for money. Every company likes money. Just offer money, and you can get your copy from whomever you want. Companies don't work if they give out products for free all the time.

~Leone.

Well the consequence is that I am not buying the DLC, nor any future DLC. So my Epic purchase for them was a dead end. No more money from me for MW5.

View PostAbisha, on 03 June 2021 - 09:12 AM, said:

EpicGamesLauncher CPU: 4.1% Memory: 611.3 MB Disk: 213.5 Mbps GPU: 3.3% Power Usage: Very High

Steam (32 bit) CPU: 0.1% Memory: 18 MB Disk: 0 Mbps GPU: 0% Power Usage: Very Low
Steam Client Service (32 bit) CPU: 0% Memory: 0.4 MB Disk: 0 Mbps GPU: 0% Power Usage: Very Low
Steam Client WebHelper CPU: 0% Memory: 8.6 MB Disk: 0 Mbps GPU: 0% Power Usage: Very Low
Steam Client WebHelper CPU: 0% Memory: 4.0 MB Disk: 0 Mbps GPU: 0% Power Usage: Very Low
Steam Client WebHelper CPU: 0% Memory: 45.7 MB Disk: 0 Mbps GPU: 0% Power Usage: Very Low
Steam Client WebHelper CPU: 0% Memory: 35.8 MB Disk: 0 Mbps GPU: 0% Power Usage: Very Low
Steam Client WebHelper CPU: 0% Memory: 1.6 MB Disk: 0 Mbps GPU: 0% Power Usage: Very Low
Steam Client WebHelper CPU: 0% Memory: 0.3 MB Disk: 0 Mbps GPU: 0% Power Usage: Very Low
Steam Client WebHelper CPU: 0% Memory: 5.5 MB Disk: 0 Mbps GPU: 0% Power Usage: Very Low

Why is Epic Game Launcher even using the disk at idle while no games are being played?

Edited by Belorion, 03 June 2021 - 11:37 AM.

#20 Spheroid

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 03 June 2021 - 11:38 AM

View PostAbisha, on 03 June 2021 - 09:12 AM, said:

Its malware, partially owned by the CCP and is responsible for debacles like the delay of Metro Exodus and other titles by up to and over a year on other platforms.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users