Why The Complete Silence On The June Patch?

62 replies to this topic

#1 Wid1046

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 277 posts

Posted 03 June 2021 - 08:43 AM

Why has there been no word from PGI or the Cauldron regarding the June patch yet? We don't even know if it will be both the mobility changes and the quirks or just the mobility changes. We also don't know if it will include the jump jet changes either. We don't necessarily need to know all the final numbers if they are still being worked on, but it would be nice to at least know what areas are going to be changed.

I also don't see why the Cauldron is keeping the quirks secret still. Even if they are still ironing out the numbers, why is the rest of the community being kept out of the discussion? The Cauldron has done some great work, but it would be better to at least be able to contribute.

#2 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 03 June 2021 - 08:52 AM

The community is contributing - the Cauldron is made up of people from the community. The forum hivemind need not be consulted on every step of the process, and in fact over-consulting the forum hivemind is part of what got Piranha into this mess to start with. Let the people who've shown a talent for numbers and had the dedication to do the work even before Piranha empowered them to do it have their shot. They've done good work so far - until they do bad work, give them the benefit of the doubt, hm?

#3 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 03 June 2021 - 09:37 AM

Quirks are after mobility, we haven't had the full mobility pass, so the Cauldron is likely waiting on confirmation of how many mobility changes are happening in June before moving on to quirks, and PGI is likely working on making the mobility updates now and are assessing how many mobility changes are happening in June.

Just guessing, of course.

#4 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 03 June 2021 - 09:41 AM

Frankly, I would be disappointed if the Cauldron combined a big quirk pass with a big mobility pass. That's changing two variables at once - not particularly scientific. Get mobility where they want it to be, then requirk things with the information gained from the mobility updates. Some things may not need SuperMegaUltraQuirks if they're mobile enough to duck dip dive dash and DOOOOODGE[/piccolo] properly.

#5 Heavy Money

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 03 June 2021 - 09:44 AM

Its only the 3rd, and the patch probably isn't till the 22nd (assuming they stick with Tuesdays) so its a bit early to hear anyway.

#6 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 03 June 2021 - 09:55 AM

View PostHeavy Money, on 03 June 2021 - 09:44 AM, said:

Its only the 3rd, and the patch probably isn't till the 22nd (assuming they stick with Tuesdays) so its a bit early to hear anyway.

Normally 3rd Tuesday right?

That would be 6/15.

#7 Wid1046

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 277 posts

Posted 03 June 2021 - 10:10 AM

View PostHeavy Money, on 03 June 2021 - 09:44 AM, said:

They said that they'd be doing two dev vlogs a month and haven't put one up since April 2. I wouldn't consider going just over two months without hearing from them to be too early. The patch notes are of course important, but they give no clue about any of the plans that are a bit further out.

The patches that they're putting out are of course great steps in the right direction, but the lack of communication is still a problem.

#8 Wid1046

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 277 posts

Posted 03 June 2021 - 10:19 AM

View Post1453 R, on 03 June 2021 - 09:41 AM, said:

Frankly, I would be disappointed if the Cauldron combined a big quirk pass with a big mobility pass. That's changing two variables at once - not particularly scientific. Get mobility where they want it to be, then requirk things with the information gained from the mobility updates. Some things may not need SuperMegaUltraQuirks if they're mobile enough to duck dip dive dash and DOOOOODGE[/piccolo] properly.

If they do all the mobility changes this month, then I won't mind waiting another month for the quirks. However, if PGI can't do the rest of the mobility changes, then I hope that they at least do the rest of the quirks now. It's better to at least get the changes done and tweak them later than to have no known date for when things will be fixed.

#9 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 03 June 2021 - 10:24 AM

I'm sure after last month they don't want to say anything that isn't 100% confirmed.

As always, it will come down to PGI's resources.

#10 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,815 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 03 June 2021 - 10:50 AM

View PostJohn Bronco, on 03 June 2021 - 10:24 AM, said:

I'm sure after last month they don't want to say anything that isn't 100% confirmed.

Essentially, yeah. We're less than a month out from the next monthly patch... so perhaps... they're still making the patch?

#11 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 03 June 2021 - 01:25 PM

Having no news it standard around here. In fact if russ hasn't told us by twitter there is never any news. At least that's how pgi does things. As for the totally radical cauldron they need time to make news before they can post about it but they have to get the ok from above to do so.

I'm hoping late december I'll have a reason to re-install mwo for a day. Maybe the RE-WE-Re-scale will undo the worst thing to ever happen to the 35 ton lights and I can have fun with my light mech heroes and IS Jenners.

I'm also keeping track of the price of mw5 on both steam and gog for either a 50% or 90% off sale price. I don't reward bad decisions with money.

#12 D A T A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 892 posts
  • LocationCasamassima, Bari, south Italy

Posted 03 June 2021 - 01:35 PM

full mobility

#13 -Mean Machine Angel-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 195 posts

Posted 03 June 2021 - 01:43 PM

View PostWid1046, on 03 June 2021 - 08:43 AM, said:

Why has there been no word from PGI or the Cauldron regarding the June patch yet? We don't even know if it will be both the mobility changes and the quirks or just the mobility changes. We also don't know if it will include the jump jet changes either. We don't necessarily need to know all the final numbers if they are still being worked on, but it would be nice to at least know what areas are going to be changed.

I also don't see why the Cauldron is keeping the quirks secret still. Even if they are still ironing out the numbers, why is the rest of the community being kept out of the discussion? The Cauldron has done some great work, but it would be better to at least be able to contribute.

LOL. Entitled much? And contribute what ?

#14 Wid1046

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 277 posts

Posted 03 June 2021 - 04:04 PM

View PostPriests and Cannibals, on 03 June 2021 - 01:43 PM, said:

LOL. Entitled much? And contribute what ?

Obviously more than you have contributed to this discussion.

Also, it isn't entitled to point out that PGI stated that they would have Dev Vlogs twice a month and haven't had one in a little over two months. If you promised your boss that you'd have something done in two weeks and you still hadn't finished it in over two months and also hadn't even given an update for even when it would be done, then don't you think that he/she would have some questions for you?

View PostD A T A, on 03 June 2021 - 01:35 PM, said:

full mobility

Thank you for the update. It's good to at least know what we can expect.

#15 Johnny Slam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 235 posts
  • Locationah hah!

Posted 03 June 2021 - 06:42 PM

OP,

I totally get your point.

Just a heads up: the sad fact is that while you are allowed to criticize PGI, it is Verboten to criticize some other folks that are involved. if you do so? you will be attacked and relentlessly trolled for daring to. After that, if you try to defend your posts? if you take the bait of trolls? you could easily find yourself subjected to some surprisingly asymmetrical moderation.

Now I know that might sound far-fetched, but it really is that silly at this point. Heck, the forum environment is so silly and reactive at this point that I can pretty much guarantee that the simple act of a nobody like me just posting support for you and you questions/concerns about the missed schedule will result in some knucklehead trying to troll me with insults and nonsense within the hour of my post and nothing will be done about it. The forum dynamic really is that out-o-whack these days, crazy I know.

So take my advice, (very helpful advice that was shared with me recently), don't fight back, don't post corrections of others, don't be trolled by concerted efforts to bait you with insults and misquotes, don't take it personal, don't break the COC and don't pay attention if others do break COC while hassling you... just chill.

If you can chill, if you can just sit back and play the game? Well then you will soon enough witness some posters/players drunk on power and enamored with notoriety hang themselves with all the slack PGI has given them. These little schedule/info hiccups you noticed? they are most likely the early signs of it.

So keep playing, keep up to date, and just wait for the inevitable turning of the tide. And when that tide turns be ready to start posting and jumping in to help PGI with feedback and data. And because you did chill, you didn't take the bait from trolls, didn't litigate every post, you will still have the forum access to make the posts that will help the game and get it moving again after this current little experiment.

All the best,

Johnny Slam
The preeminent and undisputed expert of light gauss rifle facts, data and battlefield use

Edited by Johnny Slam, 05 June 2021 - 03:07 PM.

#16 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 03 June 2021 - 07:18 PM

....wat?

#17 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 03 June 2021 - 07:29 PM

View PostJohnny Slam, on 03 June 2021 - 06:42 PM, said:

Johnny Slam
The preeminent expert of light gauss rifle facts, data and implementation

This is straight lies, folks.

#18 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 03 June 2021 - 08:01 PM

im certain anyone could balance light gauss better at this point

whoever decided to give it the same range as gauss doesnt know what theyre doing at all

#19 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 03 June 2021 - 10:28 PM

View PostWid1046, on 03 June 2021 - 08:43 AM, said:

Why has there been no word from PGI or the Cauldron regarding the June patch yet?

• Because mobility values are what was proposed for May patch but could not all make it. So that's what June will be
  • Quirks - because we have not reached internal consensus yet. When we do, as we have for ALL things so far, proposal will be posted. Don't expect that to change, that's our process.

#20 Dogstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,722 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLondon

Posted 03 June 2021 - 10:29 PM

View PostY E O N N E, on 03 June 2021 - 07:29 PM, said:

This is straight lies, folks.

I suspect he was being ironic...

1 user(s) are reading this topic