• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 93 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis MN

Posted 04 June 2021 - 05:39 AM

All,
Just wanted to share some observations I have had during play and Mod building

fore note I almost play exclusively co-op so a lot of this will be with that perspective...

Modding -
I have created and tried creating mods to enhance Co-Op play..

1) trying to add any of the new home screen buttons logic widget to a MOD (just adding to a MOD), not even changing anything. Causes a UAT cook failure - I was hoping to modifying them to be visible for multiplayer. - I worked around some of it by adding the contracts button back into the Main screen and adding the Mech Market to a new button in the main screen (this works and multiplayer can now see mechs available for purchase and available contracts [sometimes Cantina]) [this changed with the update - in the previous version I could never get mechs to show and adding anything for cold storage would cause a cook error but both are visible now in the mech market screen... so thats a score!]

2) the "GetPurchaseWeapons" and "GetPurchaseEquipment" Functions always seem to come back empty to a Multiplayer Guest as I am not able to get them to ever populate in Multiplayer to allow visibility into what is available for purchase in the item market. (These are C++ functions so I don't believe they are editable)
I attempted to work around by creating a replicated variable for it as well as a custom replicated event both with no luck.. However if I add a blank empty item to "WeaponSortList" Array or "EquipmentSortList" Array it will show that device or empty widget. (This is in the GatherMarketItems Function in the MarketEquipmentBuyList widget)

Normal Co-Op Play-

1) When Painting Mechs if applying a saved "Custom Paint" job it will revert to default colors but retain the scheme for everyone other than the applying individual. - However if applying the "default pattern" changing the colors and hitting apply or apply all set its for everyone the same.

2) After Exposing the Star Map to multiplayers they see the Stars/systems and POI markers but not the outlines for Conflict zones or connecting lines for Industrial hubs.

#2 Tenam

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 93 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis MN

Posted 07 June 2021 - 07:52 AM

Also in attempting to make another mod I noticed the same packaging failure (UAT failure) for QuirksItem.uasset .. was successful in creating an overlay that adds the word "INSTALLED" over a quirk/upgrade that is in the mech (it works like a champ in the editor). however I am unable to package it.

It wasn't until I was creating this mod that I even noticed the little triangle in the corner that is placed for the same reason. Might be a little too subtle without calling attention to it somehow. For all the hours of gameplay I have in it wasn't noticed until I was looking at list of items in the widget that made me notice it.

#3 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 07 June 2021 - 08:41 PM

Send it all to the Support email at bottom of this page. Discord link at bottom of same page allows communication with other modders and PGI for mod purposes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users