Bug

12 replies to this topic

#1 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 04 June 2021 - 04:41 PM

1 - Textures bug - on second mission of 2 mission campaign, discovered places where ground textures were just absent, I could see through beneath the map.

2 - Sold Weapons bug - Weapons sold not not mix with existing weapons of same type and Tier. I once sold 2 Tier 0 MLs, they were listed separately from the existing 3 Tier 0 MLs.

3 - Enemy stuck IN terrain - found a tank stuck in terrain during early Attack on Raider Base mission.

4 - Heat Sink issues, mixing DHS and SHS, removing external HS from Mech with less than 250 engines giving less than 10, possible issues with heat management.

5 - Small map Demolition results in no target on a Medium map.

6 - Mechs merging with terrain - while Instant Action testing, found a spot where Mechs moving on a slope did not walk on top of it, instead they moved into it making legs disappear. Match code - MDg4NTE4MDQwMTUwMjQxMDEw

Screenshots submitted with all.

#2 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,780 posts

Posted 04 June 2021 - 04:45 PM

i think the sold weapons bug is actually a feature. mw5 has weapon variants. so just because a weapon is the same tier does not mean its the same one. i think 4 is also a feature.

Edited by LordNothing, 04 June 2021 - 04:58 PM.

#3 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 05 June 2021 - 01:10 PM

7 - Damage problems mentioned in this thread. Not only are weapons that should be same damage not doing that, seems type of target changes what weapon does how much damage.
Artillery Piece dies quicker to 2MLs than 1 AC10.
Light Tanks get one shot by AC10 but survive 2MLs despite you making contact all the time on the same side.
2ML damage = AC10 damage supposedly.

8 - The 'Rare' Mech bug
I expected Rare Mechs to be variants that were hard to find only at places marked on Starmap.
Now look what happened when I went to find my first one in the screenshot below.
How is this Rare? The non-Rare costs less too.

Posted Image

#4 Thilas

• Pip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 June 2021 - 09:00 PM

I believe it's considered rare because it's completely undamaged unlike most of the mechs that show up in the shop.

#5 Tenam

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 93 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis MN

Posted 07 June 2021 - 07:38 AM

I think #2 is a buy back feature ... look at the prices. You can buy back the ones you sold at the same price you sold them for vs instantly losing money if you accidentally sold something you didn't intend to.

#6 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 09 June 2021 - 11:05 AM

I would like to add a bug I found..

Sometimes, despite negotiating, you get 0, as in ZERO salvage shares after a mission (when you're supposed to be getting 20+)

#7 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 05:26 PM

New one today.

9 - The Double Goblin
On Microsoft, take a saved Campaign into Career, get a second Goblin pilot right at start.

#8 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 27 June 2021 - 03:08 PM

10 - The one where you go to an Industrial planet early in Campaign, look at pilots to hire. Then go to a Warzone world and you can hire the same pilots there until you go to a different world.

#9 Flanking Boy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 129 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 27 June 2021 - 09:55 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 04 June 2021 - 04:45 PM, said:

i think the sold weapons bug is actually a feature. mw5 has weapon variants. so just because a weapon is the same tier does not mean its the same one. i think 4 is also a feature.

i think you are right, they are different version of the same weapon, with different stats of the same weapons.
i think its cool that the same type weapon can have different values

weapon list.. if you look there are two types of tier 2 medium riffles
https://www.dropbox..../mech1.jpg?dl=0

but you can see here that the stats are differents.
https://www.dropbox....canons.jpg?dl=0

Edited by Flanking Boy, 27 June 2021 - 10:07 PM.

#10 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 29 June 2021 - 04:53 PM

Tried to report a new bug today and keep getting this.

I am NOT clicking that link since I am not sure this is legit.

Had no problems sending email to MW5 Support until this.

Posted Image

#11 SomersetStriker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 298 posts

Posted 30 June 2021 - 05:54 AM

View PostWildstreak, on 29 June 2021 - 04:53 PM, said:

Tried to report a new bug today and keep getting this.

I am NOT clicking that link since I am not sure this is legit.

Had no problems sending email to MW5 Support until this.

Posted Image

I would say your email reached spam level and the email server is set to return a message. Some email servers are sensitive, set low, maybe you added some word or link it didn't like, etc.

Media Temple is a website hosting company and owned by GoDaddy hosting. Probably PGI's website and email servers are with them. Both should be legit as GoDaddy is legit though their prices could be better ;-)

Edited by SomersetStriker, 30 June 2021 - 05:57 AM.

#12 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 30 June 2021 - 05:21 PM

View PostSomersetStriker, on 30 June 2021 - 05:54 AM, said:

I would say your email reached spam level and the email server is set to return a message. Some email servers are sensitive, set low, maybe you added some word or link it didn't like, etc.

Media Temple is a website hosting company and owned by GoDaddy hosting. Probably PGI's website and email servers are with them. Both should be legit as GoDaddy is legit though their prices could be better ;-)

Thanks.
I sent a different email through that succeeded today marked as a Test Email and explaining this problem so I will see if they respond.

I looked over the failed email, I cannot figure out why it failed. All it had was:
- A description of a bug with the Max Armor button in MechLab
- A single screenshot as proof.

Edited by Wildstreak, 30 June 2021 - 05:22 PM.

#13 SomersetStriker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 298 posts

Posted 01 July 2021 - 10:23 AM

View PostWildstreak, on 30 June 2021 - 05:21 PM, said:

Thanks.
I sent a different email through that succeeded today marked as a Test Email and explaining this problem so I will see if they respond.

I looked over the failed email, I cannot figure out why it failed. All it had was:
- A description of a bug with the Max Armor button in MechLab
- A single screenshot as proof.

There's some interesting things that happen back there with email as it moves around, can be very sensitive, and can bounce good emails when pushing hard on spam control. I doubt its your fault for it being flagged.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users