No Artemis Allowed For Event

36 replies to this topic

#1 Sumdumbum

• PipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 June 2021 - 05:54 PM

I think it would be a lot nicer if we could use artemis and get credit for the event thingos.

What do you think?

#2 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 05 June 2021 - 05:57 PM

You still can. The 5000 missile damage doesn't care what kinda missile you use. Heck, I used atms for ~1000 of it.

~Leone.

#3 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 05 June 2021 - 06:05 PM

he means for the srm4 damage

#4 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 05 June 2021 - 06:14 PM

It's kinda annoying but if I can get the Clan SRM6 one fairly quick with only 2 of them as backups on an ERPPC VGL then you can do it too.

#5 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 05 June 2021 - 07:04 PM

i like the specificity of the missiles because its made brawling more common than it has been since the last patch

#6 Remover of Obstacles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 549 posts

Posted 05 June 2021 - 07:39 PM

View PostKhobai, on 05 June 2021 - 06:05 PM, said:

he means for the srm4 damage

Or the clan SRM6s.
That spread without artemis. :(

Even with artemis. :/

#7 drunkenpeon

Rookie

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 June 2021 - 08:41 PM

SRM 4s are SRM 4s, if you have arti or not it shouldn't matter as long as its SRM 4s, i think its kinda weird to restrict the weapons to not having it, its just guidance i dont feel like its a whole different weapon system in my humble opinion.

#8 FinnMcKool

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,600 posts
  • Locationunknown

Posted 05 June 2021 - 08:42 PM

you can use Artemis

#9 Sumdumbum

• PipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 June 2021 - 09:17 PM

Hmm didnt work for me and several other people, so I guess you're special.

#10 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,722 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 05 June 2021 - 09:20 PM

Getting the 5000 missile damage is super easy with an lrm spammer. If you go clan you don't even have to waste an assault slot just use the jenner IIc or hunstman or veagle.

#11 MrMadguy

• 2,193 posts

Posted 05 June 2021 - 10:34 PM

Ehhh. I wanted to get this two Lights for their mechbays and some CBs from selling them. But this SRM requirements are way to bad. I don't have Lights and don't want to buy them for this event. And SRMs aren't suitable for Heavies/Assaults, because they have too short range to get so close on Heavy/Assault. Yeah, it happens, but very rarely. I don't even know, how we lived before MRMs/ATMs, because LRMs were only alternative for them. So I thought about something like SRM Assault with Artemis and something, that could increase SRM range. But nope. So, I'll focus on completing 5k damage for MC.

Edited by MrMadguy, 05 June 2021 - 10:34 PM.

#12 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,368 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 05 June 2021 - 11:00 PM

Try the Kintaro KTO-18 medium IS mech.
Modest CBills requirements for medium mech, 5 missile hardpoints, and quirks for Missile Cooldown, Missile Heat, and Missile Velocity :)

(The IS Hero mech Dervish Frenzy DV-FR with 8 missile hardpoints works very well too, but not everyone has it yet).

View PostMrMadguy, on 05 June 2021 - 10:34 PM, said:

Ehhh. I wanted to get this two Lights for their mechbays and some CBs from selling them. But this SRM requirements are way to bad. I don't have Lights and don't want to buy them for this event. And SRMs aren't suitable for Heavies/Assaults, because they have too short range to get so close on Heavy/Assault. Yeah, it happens, but very rarely. I don't even know, how we lived before MRMs/ATMs, because LRMs were only alternative for them. So I thought about something like SRM Assault with Artemis and something, that could increase SRM range. But nope. So, I'll focus on completing 5k damage for MC.

#13 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 561 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 June 2021 - 11:45 PM

I don't have Lights and don't want to buy them for this event.

You are not required to use light Mechs.

And SRMs aren't suitable for Heavies/Assaults, because they have too short range to get so close on Heavy/Assault.

My Gargoyle likes to have a word with you, (well, what my Warhawk has left of you). ;)
Also fights are a lot more brawly these days - (almost) everybody takes cover since PPFLD is king again, was even buffed (and armor remained untouched, effectively reducing TTK). SRMs on heavies? Archer, Timberwolf, LINEBACKER (!), MAD DOG - are all relatively fast paced Mechs, can take a punch and dish out two.
Or you go for medium Mechs.

#14 MrMadguy

• 2,193 posts

Posted 06 June 2021 - 12:38 AM

I know, that Lights aren't required. My variants of IS 'Mechs for that event: Catapult and Cyclops. I can also buy Archer. Don't think, that I would want to buy Dervish. At least without 50% discount. What I don't like - is that I would need to create dedicated SRM4-boat builds for this purpose, instead of "just playing the game". Clans are easier in this case. While MRM10 is equivalent of SRM6, ATMs are heavier and take too many slots, so many of my Clan 'Mechs have C-SRM6. Same for ER-PPC.

#15 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 06 June 2021 - 01:06 AM

But this SRM requirements are way to bad. I don't have Lights and don't want to buy them for this event.

You can use any Clan 'Mech armed with plain SRM-6s.

And of course, you do not have to run a pure SRM-boat. Just use them as a supplement to lasers or autocannons.

#16 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,952 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 06 June 2021 - 07:11 AM

OP its hard to figure out what PGIs is thinking

I love events

but why would they care if I use ARTRMIS or not

or who cares what size SRMs I use or even medium lasers

I bought a 6 missile hard point Thanatos 5T just to complete the SRM 4 part of the challenge
now I have to go sell it

Edited by Davegt27, 14 June 2021 - 05:49 AM.

#17 MrMadguy

• 2,193 posts

Posted 06 June 2021 - 07:29 AM

I was wrong. I has taken 3.5 matches (I died early in 2nd one due to my team, trying to NASCAR around enemy team, instead of supporting me) to complete this task in Archer-5W. Yeah, I had to buy it. And I've spend GSP on it. It's not bad. So, I guess, I'll keep it, wasting one mech bay, I would earn during this event. I'm not sure, what 'Mechs to buy next anyway and I had large amount of CBs due to it.

#18 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 06 June 2021 - 08:07 AM

View PostMrMadguy, on 06 June 2021 - 07:29 AM, said:

I was wrong. I has taken 3.5 matches (I died early in 2nd one due to my team, trying to NASCAR around enemy team, instead of supporting me) to complete this task in Archer-5W. Yeah, I had to buy it. And I've spend GSP on it. It's not bad. So, I guess, I'll keep it, wasting one mech bay, I would earn during this event. I'm not sure, what 'Mechs to buy next anyway and I had large amount of CBs due to it.

ARC-5W Archer used to be a good troll build, when loaded with LRMs ... Posted Image

#19 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 06 June 2021 - 10:46 AM

View Posttomzah, on 06 June 2021 - 10:15 AM, said:

What bothers me is they essentially force you to buy a mech that can carry those missiles outside of a discount or be stuck with trial commando/jennerIIC... not to mention this particular javelin doesn't even have missile hardpoints... poorly thought out event imho...

Pardon?

That Trial Jenner IIC carries four SRM racks which means that you drop just twice or three times in it to complete that part of the challenge. And you have a month to do that.

#20 Abisha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 06 June 2021 - 11:53 AM

No C-SRM6+ Artemis do not work on the event
must be SRM6

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users