A Fully Loaded Castle Brian *and A Memory Core?! Where Is My Loot?!

4 replies to this topic

#1 InvictusLee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,693 posts
  • LocationStanding atop my MKII's missile pack, having a whisky and a cigar.

Posted 06 June 2021 - 12:40 AM

Spoiler warning for those if you who haven't completed the campaign yet! Do not read below this line!

Okay so: The end of the main campaign had always bothered the ever living hell out of me:
We basically find an untouched SLDF castle brian with all the mechs AND an intact memory core and yet after the mission we, as the mercenary outfit who found these riches, are basically still broke, no [redacted] money, mechs or tech is available too us. Even the nearest industrial hub has the most basic, generic garbage despite logically being the closes systems to first benefit from these discoveries.

Yeah yeah the handwavy incription of the core, comstar's assault, blah blah blah...

Logically speaking with interstellar expeditions taking control of the site and the resulting defeat we handed comstar, we as the outfit who discovered the cache, should be swimming in mechs and lostech. But we are rewarded with basically nothing.

At the end of the HBS's story mode, we eventually got an Atlas II with lostech and unlocked lostech inshops afterward after the castle Brian cache discovery in its respective story.

So what gives? I mean the nightstar is neat and all but its basically a plot device, not a viable alternative to an atlas.

Edited by Ekson Valdez, 24 January 2023 - 11:39 PM.
language

#2 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,735 posts

Posted 06 June 2021 - 07:26 PM

i wasn't even able to salvage the annihilator due to lack of points. on the way out there was one available but i spent all my cbills repairing my mechs. haven't seen one since.

my biggest complaint about the last mission is that my team mates seem to be blocked from attacking the annihilator. i did the mission in a mauler and was mostly out of ammo and half a mech by the time i got there, i had a pair of ac2s with a few rounds ammo a single medium laser and an lrm5. i tried for a long range headshot but ran out of ammo, the laser arm was cherry and about to fall off, so i just kept space and wore it down with the lrm5. it was possibly the lamest ending to any mechwarrior game.

there should have been a repair bay at the half way point, because that mission requires you walk for 30 minutes and fight off hordes of stuff before making you fight the hardest mech in the game in a defacto dual.

#3 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 06 June 2021 - 08:01 PM

View PostNovember11th, on 06 June 2021 - 12:40 AM, said:

Logically speaking with interstellar expeditions taking control of the site

This might explain it, IE are ***holes.

#4 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 07 June 2021 - 10:21 PM

I was mostly annoyed it still references the Gray Death Legion's find despite the fact I beat them to the punch!

~Leone.

Edited by Leone, 07 June 2021 - 10:28 PM.

#5 InvictusLee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,693 posts
  • LocationStanding atop my MKII's missile pack, having a whisky and a cigar.

Posted 08 June 2021 - 11:19 AM

View PostLeone, on 07 June 2021 - 10:21 PM, said:

I was mostly annoyed it still references the Gray Death Legion's find despite the fact I beat them to the punch!

~Leone.
seriously! Lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users