13 replies to this topic

#1 Natman2017

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 June 2021 - 06:06 AM

Feedback for: The Speed of Light

The most recent event has just been a chore, the SRM-4 / C-SRM 6 in challenge points particular due to their short range.

I have absolutely no problems with 5000 energy / ballistic / missile damage because that maintains player choice over how you go about achieving that.

Why force us into using SRMs only? They're on the reward mechs? Ok cool - still don't want to be forced to use specific weapons.

There's a trend of reducing player choice at the moment, and its particularly evident in Mechwarrior 5 with the size restrictions on hard points and reduction in some weapon limits e.g. sleipnir with only 2 ballistic points?!!?.

Just stop. Let us have fun our own way. Let us choose how to build and play our mechs. Its a huge part of why the game is fun so don't take it away.

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 06 June 2021 - 08:31 AM

View PostNatman2017, on 06 June 2021 - 06:06 AM, said:

The most recent event has just been a chore, the SRM-4 / C-SRM 6 in challenge points particular due to their short range.
Why force us into using SRMs only? They're on the reward mechs? Ok cool - still don't want to be forced to use specific weapons.

There is literally no chore.

If you do 300-500 SRM damage in a game, you can complete the IS SRM part in 2-3 games.

Ditto for the Clan part.

You can use a 'Mech of any weight class - from a small SRM boat like "Oxide" to some Assaults 'Mech.

#3 Bruiser Banlen

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 June 2021 - 09:22 PM

What about IS ER medium lasers and IS Medium Pulse lasers?

#4 EightBitKnight

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 164 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 June 2021 - 09:32 PM

While I managed to suffer through and finish I agree. The meta on most maps right now is long range and putting a weapon that is hard locked at what 270m, is ridiculous. You either sit around useless for most of a match or onlyydeal a small amount of the needed dmg type when you finally close. The IS laser was not bad as you can use the targeting computers to add some extra range.

#5 Natman2017

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 June 2021 - 10:42 AM

View PostBadnitude, on 07 June 2021 - 09:22 PM, said:

What about IS ER medium lasers and IS Medium Pulse lasers?

To be clear I think any restriction to the weapons you are using goes against the strength of the game's design (build what you want, play how you want). I will admit I am biased against SRMs, I just don't find them fun to use.

Just speaking up with my own event feedback. Others are entitled to different opinions.

Edited by Natman2017, 08 June 2021 - 10:46 AM.

#6 Roscoe Coltrane

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 June 2021 - 03:42 PM

Also, it appears that you can't use Artemis with the SRMs or it won't count.

#7 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 09 June 2021 - 08:27 PM

View PostRoscoe Coltrane, on 09 June 2021 - 03:42 PM, said:

Also, it appears that you can't use Artemis with the SRMs or it won't count.

You can not use SRMs with Artemis IV for those parts "Earn 1000 Damage with IS SRM 4" and "Earn 1000 Damage with Clan SRM 6".

You can use Artemis IV-equipped missiles (SRMs included) for the rest of "Earn 5000 Missile Weapon Damage".

#8 Falstoffe

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 June 2021 - 04:18 PM

I made an archer quite a ways back that was SRM4 heavy. So, I brushed it off, cleaned it up a bit and started playing with it for one of the goals. Well, it's official I hat SRM's. It takes about a solid second before the SRM launches from the tube. That delay is terrible. I have been playing for years. I have fought several light and medium mechs in this archer, my speed is 75kph, turning radius is okay. I can't hit **** because of the SRM firing delay. LRM's don't do this.

#9 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 20 June 2021 - 07:56 PM

View PostFalstoffe, on 20 June 2021 - 04:18 PM, said:

I made an archer quite a ways back that was SRM4 heavy. So, I brushed it off, cleaned it up a bit and started playing with it for one of the goals. Well, it's official I hat SRM's. It takes about a solid second before the SRM launches from the tube. That delay is terrible. I have been playing for years. I have fought several light and medium mechs in this archer, my speed is 75kph, turning radius is okay. I can't hit **** because of the SRM firing delay. LRM's don't do this.

As far as I know, SRMs have no firing delay in this game.

May I ask if you have placed those SRMs in your Archer's arms or in side torsos?

#10 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 20 June 2021 - 10:13 PM

The Archer has missile doors. The delay you are encountering is because they need to open first and is exactly 0.5s. You can open your missile doors manually and they will stay open. The default key is "-" on my german layout keyboard (not the one on the keypad). Missile doors provide 20% damage reduction while closed, if they actually cover a usable weapon system.

#11 PerdyPerdy

Rookie

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 June 2021 - 01:22 AM

I agree in a sense with OP as this encourages people to just load up their mechs with what they need for the achievement and play unorthodox, rather than building the mechs in a coherent manner. I didn't have a problem with completing the tasks but it did draw me away from playing how I want to play for sure. Hey.. sure.. SRM's are fun in a way but why force people to downgrade their Artemis? and also with regards to the rewards.. seems like if you already owned the mechs you don't get anything as I'm yet to receive my ACH-E after completing the achievement and clicking redeem.. ������‍♂️ Can we at least get the option of the c-bill equivalent if we already own the mech rather than just nothing at all?

Edited by Evanthehun, 22 June 2021 - 01:22 AM.

#12 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 22 June 2021 - 01:49 AM

View PostEvanthehun, on 22 June 2021 - 01:22 AM, said:

I agree in a sense with OP as this encourages people to just load up their mechs with what they need for the achievement and play unorthodox, rather than building the mechs in a coherent manner.

This is not the problem of the event. The players themselves can decide how they intend to fullfil those event goals.

If somebody wants to run SRM boats - okay. If somebody wants to use SRMs as a secondary weapons - good as well.

I didn't have a problem with completing the tasks but it did draw me away from playing how I want to play for sure.Hey.. sure.. SRM's are fun in a way but why force people to downgrade their Artemis?

The reason is that Trial 'Mechs (Commando, Jenner IIC) are armed with those SRMs. So literally everybody can complete the event, since those Trial 'Mechs are free to use.

You do not have to downgrade your 'Mechs, you just drop three times in the Trial Jenner IIC. Ditto for the Commando.

and also with regards to the rewards.. seems like if you already owned the mechs you don't get anything as I'm yet to receive my ACH-E after completing the achievement and clicking redeem.. ������‍♂️ Can we at least get the option of the c-bill equivalent if we already own the mech rather than just nothing at all?

If you redeem your rewards using the web page, there can be a certain delay, ranging from a few minutes to few hours. Once I had to wait until the next day ... Posted Image

But those 'Mechs will appear on your account eventually.

If not, contact the MWO Support service. Use this e-mail:
accounts@mwomercs.com

#13 PerdyPerdy

Rookie

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 June 2021 - 02:00 AM

View Postmartian, on 22 June 2021 - 01:49 AM, said:

This is not the problem of the event. The players themselves can decide how they intend to fullfil those event goals.

If somebody wants to run SRM boats - okay. If somebody wants to use SRMs as a secondary weapons - good as well.

The reason is that Trial 'Mechs (Commando, Jenner IIC) are armed with those SRMs. So literally everybody can complete the event, since those Trial 'Mechs are free to use.

You do not have to downgrade your 'Mechs, you just drop three times in the Trial Jenner IIC. Ditto for the Commando.

If you redeem your rewards using the web page, there can be a certain delay, ranging from a few minutes to few hours. Once I had to wait until the next day ... Posted Image

But those 'Mechs will appear on your account eventually.

If not, contact the MWO Support service. Use this e-mail:
accounts@mwomercs.com

I read all your points and can see what you're saying. Thanks for explaining everything you did here, very informative and I appreciate it! I will be sure to contact them if I haven't received anything in a few hours, I guess patience is key with these things haha!

#14 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 22 June 2021 - 02:17 AM

View PostEvanthehun, on 22 June 2021 - 02:00 AM, said:

I read all your points and can see what you're saying. Thanks for explaining everything you did here, very informative and I appreciate it! I will be sure to contact them if I haven't received anything in a few hours, I guess patience is key with these things haha! ������

My pleasure!

I am sure that you will enjoy your new 'Mechs, especially after the upcoming patch.

Should you encounter any difficulties on your way to Tier 1, you can always ask in this section: New Player Help

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users