Purchased Dlc Last Week & Could Only Play It Once.

1 reply to this topic

#1 Marikhen

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 June 2021 - 05:20 PM

Last week I purchased the Heroes of the Inner Sphere DLC, and due to having CTD errors every time I started the game I ended up having to reinstall it.

After that I started the game up and didn't see the DLC content. No new mechs in Instant Action, no New Career option, nada. I restarted the game again, and again. After that I played something else for awhile, came back the next day, verified the files, started the game, and had access to the DLC content.

And then I didn't. Since then I haven't been able to access the DLC content at all.

So, what gives?

I mean I'm reasonably certain that the problem is with Epic's launcher considering that I had a similar issue with Borderlands 3 where I couldn't access any of the DLC content when I was offlined for half a day, but why is this an issue and how do you fix it?

#2 SomersetStriker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 298 posts

Posted 07 June 2021 - 03:38 PM

They do only show it on acceptance of the in-game terms of use. Its not necessarily the launcher because of PGI's in-game background checks. PGI obviously felt the need to complicate it by making users physically accept the terms - a thing that some devs do.

It could be with Epic's dlc checks so that the game knows that the dlc is purchased. But I would think this is least likely unless there's a connection, cache, in-game code, something like that issue.

I randomly start Steam and some games are missing until another start of Steam. Stuff happens.

Edited by SomersetStriker, 07 June 2021 - 03:40 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users