7 replies to this topic

#1 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 09 June 2021 - 12:33 PM

There was a thread here... PSA... claims were being made... exploits on faction maps... illegal... now it's gone... no answer... so confused...

#2 SmokeGuar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 450 posts

Posted 09 June 2021 - 12:53 PM

Looks like my post got it removed, mission accomplished.

Only confirmation you get is from GMP, and PGI will plausibly deny they have employee banning players...

#3 Absaint

• PipPipPip
  • Gunsho-ni
  • 73 posts

Posted 09 June 2021 - 01:10 PM

FP has bigger problems than this, the removal of the thread is unfortunate.

Just update the red map contour to show it when possible, solved.

#4 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 09 June 2021 - 03:04 PM

View PostBowelhacker, on 09 June 2021 - 12:33 PM, said:

There was a thread here... PSA... claims were being made... exploits on faction maps... illegal... now it's gone... no answer... so confused...

Probably removed as the OP request due to a scenario called egg-on-face.

#5 SmokeGuar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 450 posts

Posted 09 June 2021 - 03:51 PM

Removed because discussing these matters on MWO web is a no-no.

Now that game is getting thousands new and returning players, how do they know what is OK and what is forbidden when that info cannot be found anywhere? And don't tell me asking other players, they don't know any better.

#6 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 09 June 2021 - 06:55 PM

Well given our main man Ekson posted in the thread to just cool the jets and left the thread open after doing so, I don't think that is entirely accurate.

Anyway some stones were thrown in a glass house and some people can't take the heat of their own words coming back onto them.

Welcome to life - it's no biggie.

If PGI/Francois the map genius asks Cauldron about this - given he will be the one fixing it - I would very much be saying the pathway needs to be a legit thing for the map as an improvement, not an issue.

#7 Brauer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 09 June 2021 - 09:08 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 09 June 2021 - 06:55 PM, said:

Well given our main man Ekson posted in the thread to just cool the jets and left the thread open after doing so, I don't think that is entirely accurate.

Anyway some stones were thrown in a glass house and some people can't take the heat of their own words coming back onto them.

Welcome to life - it's no biggie.

If PGI/Francois the map genius asks Cauldron about this - given he will be the one fixing it - I would very much be saying the pathway needs to be a legit thing for the map as an improvement, not an issue.

Yeah I don't see the issue. Just redraw the OOB lines so everyone is aware that it's fair game.

#8 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,771 posts

Posted 13 June 2021 - 12:56 PM

i still maintain that these areas should be opened up on more maps. i see it as a lost opportunity. im fine with accessing those areas prior to such a revision remaining a banable exploit in the mean time. there are probibly reasons they are walled off, for example they are prone to getting mechs stuck.

Edited by LordNothing, 13 June 2021 - 12:59 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users