So, Raytracing When?

3 replies to this topic

#1 PancakeBunny

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 08:46 AM

With the latest update i can activate RTX, but even at the lamest settings, 40fps tops on minor cities when there is some combat going, 60fps only inside that pathetic small hangar.

So when will this game have raytracing? control which is basically the heaviest RTX game does it nicely, and this game can't?

3080 btw.

#2 SomersetStriker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 298 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 10:32 AM

They just released a patch with over 100 fixes and no fix for rt there so who knows. Someday it might work better.

Currently, It doesn't appear to even work besides dropping the fps. Don't know what they did but its totally broken. Just turn it off. Me, I'm playing other games instead Posted Image

Edited by SomersetStriker, 10 June 2021 - 10:45 AM.

#3 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 02:08 PM

I thought Raytracing was done by Nvidia who would send out poeple to the devs to do it for them bcs nobody else has any experience with it...doubt MW5 is after all the time still at their radar...

#4 SomersetStriker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 298 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 05:30 PM

View PostThorqemada, on 10 June 2021 - 02:08 PM, said:

I thought Raytracing was done by Nvidia who would send out poeple to the devs to do it for them bcs nobody else has any experience with it...doubt MW5 is after all the time still at their radar...

It was already added. PGI broke it on the update.

But also no. Anyone can do ray tracing with UE4 and without Nvidia. You install UE4 and you enable ray tracing and dx12 or Vulkan. That's it. It works after that. Of course various things need to be done just like with regular lighting, etc.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users