#1 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 14 June 2021 - 06:53 AM

SOLVED.

Yesterday, I built several mechs and played around in mechlab in the afternoon. Later last night (shortly after 10PM ET), I logged back in to play the game. Grouped up with another player and launched. As we got to the loading screen, my game's video went crazy. It's just blurred out lines, like my video card can't handle it or something (it's not fancy, it's GTX 960, but it's been running MWO for years). Looks like a mangled 8-bit game. Homestly, looks like what I'd expect if my GPU had bricked. But the weird thing is, everything else on my PC runs fine. I tried a bunch of other games and had no issues. I've done all the logical things: updated drivers for my GPU, uninstalled and reinstalled Steam client, installed the stand-alone client. I still get the same issue. I literally can't navigate in-client and I don't know what else to try. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by TercieI, 14 June 2021 - 01:15 PM.

#2 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 14 June 2021 - 01:11 PM

Have you tried resetting your graphics options for MWO or using Alt+Enter to try jumping into FullScreen mode? Have you tried dumping your Shader Cache ("C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\MechWarrior Online\Shaders\Cache") in your personal MWO data folder? Has a nasty little Windows Update come along and messed with something it should never have? Also, have you cleared the dust off of your GPU any time recently? :blink:

I really hope that one of those questions helps squish the bug you're having. :o

~D. V. "just trying to help check a few more things with your garbled graphics issue" Devnull

#3 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 14 June 2021 - 01:17 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 14 June 2021 - 01:11 PM, said:

Have you tried resetting your graphics options for MWO or using Alt+Enter to try jumping into FullScreen mode? Have you tried dumping your Shader Cache ("C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\MechWarrior Online\Shaders\Cache") in your personal MWO data folder? Has a nasty little Windows Update come along and messed with something it should never have? Also, have you cleared the dust off of your GPU any time recently? Posted Image

I really hope that one of those questions helps squish the bug you're having. Posted Image

~D. V. "just trying to help check a few more things with your garbled graphics issue" Devnull

Thanks, DV. Just found it thanks to someone on Outreach. My screen resolution in attributes had shifted from what it should have been (2560x1080) to something insane (33032455x0). Editing the XML set it right. Appreciate the suggestions!

~Ter "should I get a last name?" ciel

#4 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 14 June 2021 - 01:43 PM

View PostTercieI, on 14 June 2021 - 01:17 PM, said:

Thanks, DV. Just found it thanks to someone on Outreach. My screen resolution in attributes had shifted from what it should have been (2560x1080) to something insane (33032455x0). Editing the XML set it right. Appreciate the suggestions!

~Ter "should I get a last name?" ciel

Glad to hear you have fixed it. I'm totally spooked though, because that might suggest instability in your computer, either with the RAM or System Drive that's connected. Does anyone out there have an idea why the resolution info would get messed up like that? :blink:

~D. V. "never seen the resolution go flat-lined like that before" Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users