Some Zombie Recomendation Please?

19 replies to this topic

#1 RUSTY RASTIL

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 10:35 AM

Hello! After atlas was one of first mechs to get agility buff, i've played him with this build this past month: https://mech.nav-alp...#0df2250b_AS7-D
And now that everything else is also buffed, i woudl like to ask for some recomendations if you have any for zombie playstyle.
Sorry if i post in wrong section i am a little lost on that forum.

EDIT i mean mech builds, not tips on playstyle.

Edited by RASTIL, 23 June 2021 - 11:00 AM.

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 10:48 AM

View PostRASTIL, on 23 June 2021 - 10:35 AM, said:

Sorry if i post in wrong section i am a little lost on that forum.

This section would be probably a slightly better place to post, but it is no big deal: Guides & Strategies

View PostRASTIL, on 23 June 2021 - 10:35 AM, said:

And now that everything else is also buffed, i woudl like to ask for some recomendations if you have any for zombie playstyle.

No matter how thick armor your Atlas has and how many additional structure and armor nodes you have unlocked, concentrated fire of multiple enemy 'Mechs can kill you very quickly.

My best advice would be: "Do not be the only 'Mech in the sight of the enemy team!" Posted Image

#3 RUSTY RASTIL

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 10:58 AM

View Postmartian, on 23 June 2021 - 10:48 AM, said:

No matter how thick armor your Atlas has and how many additional structure and armor nodes you have unlocked, concentrated fire of multiple enemy 'Mechs can kill you very quickly.

My best advice would be: "Do not be the only 'Mech in the sight of the enemy team!" Posted Image

Well i do in fact have whole survival and all torso speed nodes along speed tweak, feels extremly tough compared to, lets say, centurion. Anyway i just realised i am a idiot. I am not looking for tips on zombie playstyle, i mean mech builds that are zombies. Sorry.

#4 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 11:09 AM

SHD-2D2 with LB10 + 4SRM4 can zombie pretty well, especially since it got some extra agility too.

Tank with the gun side first since it has a larger hitbox, and you can preserve 4SRM4. Then even if you lose both side torsos you'll still have 2SRM4 on CT + head.

#5 RUSTY RASTIL

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 11:24 AM

View PostGagis, on 23 June 2021 - 11:09 AM, said:

SHD-2D2 with LB10 + 4SRM4 can zombie pretty well, especially since it got some extra agility too.

Tank with the gun side first since it has a larger hitbox, and you can preserve 4SRM4. Then even if you lose both side torsos you'll still have 2SRM4 on CT + head.

A zombie that is left with srms instead of normal medium lasers? Sounds extremly unique. Thanks!

Edited by RASTIL, 23 June 2021 - 11:24 AM.

#6 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 11:32 AM

View PostRASTIL, on 23 June 2021 - 10:58 AM, said:

I am not looking for tips on zombie playstyle, i mean mech builds that are zombies. Sorry.

Black Knight

BL-6B-KNT

Combining reasonable durability, speed and firepower (a quartet of Large Lasers with a suite of secondary Medium Lasers).

Posted Image

#7 RUSTY RASTIL

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 12:02 PM

That's a nice black knight, martian, but i see it's running on light engine instead of a standard one?

#8 Gagis

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 12:02 PM

The Black Knight isn't actually a zombie.

Another more heavily armed Zombie would be the Roughneck 2A that can have 3MPL in CT + Head and one big ballistic in the torsos. I run it with HGauss but some other ballistic + some missile also works.

Edited by Gagis, 23 June 2021 - 12:03 PM.

#9 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 12:08 PM

View PostRASTIL, on 23 June 2021 - 12:02 PM, said:

That's a nice black knight, martian, but i see it's running on light engine instead of a standard one?

I do not like to be left behind by the usual nascaring team.

You can use 300-rated SFE and add one double heat sink, but the 'Mech would be slower (although well usable, of course). But since I had one suitable LFE in my inventory, I used it.

#10 RUSTY RASTIL

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 12:10 PM

View Postmartian, on 23 June 2021 - 12:08 PM, said:

I do not like to be left behind by the usual nascaring team.

You can use 300-rated SFE and add one double heat sink, but the 'Mech would be slower (although well usable, of course). But since I had one suitable LFE in my inventory, I used it.

Well that's a good point. And i have to admit, just 1 medium laser after becoming a stick is not too thrilling. The longer i think about it the less sense i see in zombies. Thanks.

#11 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 12:25 PM

View PostRASTIL, on 23 June 2021 - 12:10 PM, said:

Well that's a good point. And i have to admit, just 1 medium laser after becoming a stick is not too thrilling. The longer i think about it the less sense i see in zombies. Thanks.

Zombie 'Mechs have their uses. Some of them are solid 'Mechs, all right.

But MechWarrior Online has no campaign mode - you do not have to care about your 'Mech too much. There are no repair costs and rearment is always possible. Losing your 'Mech to the internal ammo explosion or to the destroyed XL engine means nothing else than that you jump in some other 'Mech and drop into the next game.

That's why ballistic boats are so popular in MWO, for example. They can overwhelm with their firepower even well-designed Zombie 'Mechs, simply because their survivability is a secondary concern for them.

In the end, it is your choice. Pilot what you wish, just try to get some kills. Posted Image

#12 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 23 June 2021 - 12:27 PM

Then for you I offer the Roughneck 2A! RGH-2A Three medium pulse lasers in Head and CT!

But it is slow and under ammoed. You could under-gun it to up engine the thing and add some more ammo.

~Leone.

#13 RUSTY RASTIL

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 12:34 PM

View Postmartian, on 23 June 2021 - 12:25 PM, said:

Zombie 'Mechs have their uses. Some of them are solid 'Mechs, all right.

But MechWarrior Online has no campaign mode - you do not have to care about your 'Mech too much. There are no repair costs and rearment is always possible. Losing your 'Mech to the internal ammo explosion or to the destroyed XL engine means nothing else than that you jump in some other 'Mech and drop into the next game.

That's why ballistic boats are so popular in MWO, for example. They can overwhelm with their firepower even well-designed Zombie 'Mechs, simply because their survivability is a secondary concern for them.

In the end, it is your choice. Pilot what you wish, just try to get some kills. Posted Image

I will be honest, i am interested in zombies for only 2 reasons - in battletech PC game and mw5 i liked the fact that even after becoming a stick you coudl still literally fight until your last drop.
Second reason is that light engine penalties drive me insane.

View PostLeone, on 23 June 2021 - 12:27 PM, said:

Then for you I offer the Roughneck 2A! RGH-2A Three medium pulse lasers in Head and CT!

But it is slow and under ammoed. You could under-gun it to up engine the thing and add some more ammo.

~Leone.

I think it woudl not be really usable with just 1 ton for lb20. Maybe lbx10 and smaller mrm.

#14 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 12:48 PM

View PostRASTIL, on 23 June 2021 - 12:34 PM, said:

I will be honest, i am interested in zombies for only 2 reasons - in battletech PC game and mw5 i liked the fact that even after becoming a stick you coudl still literally fight until your last drop.
Second reason is that light engine penalties drive me insane.

MWO has a limited selection of available technology. Take the Supernova, for example. You can place a pair of ER Large lasers in its CT and one additional ER large laser in its head. If you fill the rest of the fully armored 'Mech with double heat sinks and some arm-mounted lasers (and some other non-explosive items), you will get a true "Zombie 'Mech". It can lose both arms, both side torsos (thanks the SFE) and still dish out 33 damage ...

Will it be a Zombie 'Mech? Of course, it will. And will it be fun to play such 'Mech? I would not take it.

#15 RUSTY RASTIL

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 12:53 PM

View Postmartian, on 23 June 2021 - 12:48 PM, said:

MWO has a limited selection of available technology. Take the Supernova, for example. You can place a pair of ER Large lasers in its CT and one additional ER large laser in its head. If you fill the rest of the fully armored 'Mech with double heat sinks and some arm-mounted lasers (and some other non-explosive items), you will get a true "Zombie 'Mech". It can lose both arms, both side torsos (thanks the SFE) and still dish out 33 damage ...

Will it be a Zombie 'Mech? Of course, it will. And will it be fun to play such 'Mech? I would not take it.

I see. I think you have changed my mind. Thank you for all your input martian. I think i'll also put light engine in my atlas then.

#16 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 12:57 PM

View PostRASTIL, on 23 June 2021 - 12:53 PM, said:

I see. I think you have changed my mind. Thank you for all your input martian. I think i'll also put light engine in my atlas then.

Use what you like, but do not be afraid to adjust your 'Mech's armament and equipment, if needed. You should also keep in mind that Light engines cost more than Standard engines.

#17 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 23 June 2021 - 01:13 PM

View PostRASTIL, on 23 June 2021 - 12:34 PM, said:

I think it woudl not be really usable with just 1 ton for lb20. Maybe lbx10 and smaller mrm.

It's more of a throw away gate defense mech for Faction Warfare. Used for something like Sulferous Rift, where it's slow speed wont hamper it getting to the gate afore the opfor. Then it's meant to trade blows with heaftier mechs not survive for any length of time, so ammo wasn't much of a consideration.

But yeah, for quick play, I think the survivability of a standard loses to the extra speed or armaments a Light fusion'll gain ya.

Edit: you can also use one engine for multipule mechs. Just rip it out, save mech and place it in the new one. Then you repeat when you wanna run the old mech at speed.

~Leone.

Edited by Leone, 23 June 2021 - 01:13 PM.

#18 Gagis

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 01:39 PM

Some Crabs can also run mean zombie builds with 5MPL, 3 of which are in the CT.

Standard engines are often worrh more than people give them credit for. On a 12v12 battlefield opportunities where you can tale damage enough to lose torsos witthout immefiately taking more than enough damage to die several times over are less common than in smaller engagements but that possibility is still valuable, especially if you consider ST heat spike.

Out of the mechs mentioned the SHD and Crab are strong even if you never end up becoming primary target.

#19 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 09:16 PM

Thread moved to BattleMechs

#20 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 24 June 2021 - 11:28 PM

Maybe try a deadside build. 4srm 6 bushwaker could be an example. If u do this well u Profit from damage transfer. If u do it bad, u are stick rly fast ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users