Continuation Of The Hpg Discussion From The New Polar Highlands Thread...

4 replies to this topic

#1 MechB Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 720 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 24 June 2021 - 06:22 AM

View Posttomzah, on 24 June 2021 - 05:46 AM, said:

And how many other king of the hill maps exactly do we have? Every map should bring something special to the table. It's not like pushing the top guarantees victory. Especially on high tiers I've seen top pushers be completely picked apart by pop-tarts and outer ramp peekers. And as for nascar... people will always find a way to rotate around something... if it's implemented in a tactical manner, why prevent it? I always say the only bad nascar is the one that cannot achieve victory. And can you imagine the outer walls being easily accessible to nojj builds? Everybody would be hugging them and the map would turn into another snipe fest.

A balanced map in a meant-to-be balanced pvp game should not favor one location. A synchronized team that captures top and focuses each side of its ridge in correct moment will always neutralize those below, no matter how many poptarts are harrasing them.. in this case only real counter are unreachable snipers on the walls...

There is nothing tactical about nascar. Its misinterpreted form of outflanking and sticktogether tactic. Most nascar teams get smashed like flies by counter nascarers and crossfire snipers. Its that cancerous mentality of assault and heavy pilots that feel some sort of obligation to chase their outflanking lights and mediums to maintain "sticktogether".

While i agree, that nascar can happily happen around any object really, you can affect it by not concentraiting it in the closest point of battle encounter. Just like in old canyon network had the giant rock formation in the center, hpg has a huge satelite in the center.

Edited by MechB Kotare, 24 June 2021 - 06:23 AM.

#2 Gigastrike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 704 posts

Posted 24 June 2021 - 07:16 AM

View Posttomzah, on 24 June 2021 - 05:46 AM, said:

And how many other king of the hill maps exactly do we have?

Anyone else remember Alpine? Me neither.

#3 Last Of The Brunnen-G

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 165 posts

Posted 30 July 2021 - 01:31 AM

I think HPG is not optimal for some builds, i look at you Awesome 8R. But it doesn't have to be. Many maps have an advantage for some builds and are hard on others. What i love about HPG is that you can use the ring with snipers. If i would change anything on the map i would make the out of bounds area further outwards, so that you don't get out of bounds while still on top of the ring. Besides that it's not true that you can't get up there without jumpjets. Every mech even assaults can climb on top of the ring, at least partially.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users