3 replies to this topic

#1 Lusciousbalzack

• Pip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 June 2021 - 01:01 PM

Hey there everyone!

I don't know if this is happening to anyone else but it's been happening consistently for me since the Polar Highlands rework. The game will randomly crash during Polar Highlands regardless of game mode (happened during Conquest, Skirmish and Domination matches).

I already am confined to play on the lowest settings as my PC is getting old and needs new parts. However, this is my PC's set-up.

Graphics card: MSI N660 GeForce GTX 660 2GB 192-bit GDDR5
Processor: Intel i5-4670k
RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) Team Xtreem DDR3 SDRAM

I've had the game crash (2 years ago when I started playing) on Emerald Taiga, which at the time I was playing on the highest settings. Then when I changed it to the lowest settings, it never crashed again... Until now.

I'm just curious if this is happening to anyone else and if anyone has any suggestions as to how to help the game not crash (Other than "buy a new pc", as that's not in the budget currently).

Thanks and cheers!

#2 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 06 July 2021 - 06:39 AM

It's very simple : Crashed are caused by a couple of things and you need to check those at all times when crashes start to occur!

So did you check :
- Your RAM with memtest86/memtest86+
- Your GPU with other games and stuff like FurMark/3DMark and so on...
- Your drivers, mainly the GPU one.
Don't forget to try uninstalling the old driver, then run DDU, then install the latest GPU driver form the Nvidia website!
- The HDD or SSD that holds your MWO install but checking the one with the OS on it can be a good idea too : Read the S.M.A.R.T. values with one of the tools available!

And last but not least : It could also be your powersupply if it's very old by now!

For MWO your could check it's integrity/verify files or simply just reinstall the whole thing ;)

#3 Lusciousbalzack

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 July 2021 - 07:05 PM

Thank you for your response. I have not done any of that testing. So I look forward to figuring out the cause of the problem. I have verified my files using Steam's tool.. As a side note, I hope it's not my PSU giving out *awkward laugh*.

#4 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 07 July 2021 - 04:50 AM

It could be as easy as bad shaders. Go ahead and delete the \shader folder in \users\<youruser>\savedgames\Mechwarrior online\
Don't worry, it will automatically be restored by the game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users