More Events That Dont Require Specific Mechs

14 replies to this topic

#1 Xantheus

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 July 2021 - 10:39 AM

Can we have less events that require specific mechs in order to participate?

#2 Storming Angel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 193 posts

Posted 22 July 2021 - 10:59 AM

Yes please.

#3 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 22 July 2021 - 11:06 AM

View PostXantheus, on 22 July 2021 - 10:39 AM, said:

Every time a new pack gets released, there is an event tied to those mechs. If you want to participate in those events, go buy the pack

#4 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,413 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 22 July 2021 - 11:15 AM

Hey, there are usually 1-2 events that dole out free MWO stuff each month, so you would be well covered by these!
Free MC, free GSP, free Premium Time, even free mechs!
MWO has never been more generous!

That said, MWO has a tradition, for each and every premium mech package introduced, there would be an event tied to that specific new mech package. In this case, it's the Warden Booster Pack.
That's MWO's way to thank the supporters who bought these new premium mech packs.

Should you choose to pass over this new Warden Booster Pack, you can just ignore the related Event for this said pack; it would go away in a few weeks time.

- - - - - - - - - -
Personally I think that the Warden Booster Pack is of very good value, especially when you factor in the (time-limited) pre-order bonuses, and also rewards from the Event related to the new Warden Booster Pack. Kudos to MWO!

#5 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,780 posts

Posted 22 July 2021 - 01:17 PM

its not like you didn't just get a MASSIVE LOOTBAG EVENT. be less entitled.

#6 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 22 July 2021 - 01:34 PM

Nonsense. If anything PGI ought to do more specific mech oriented events (in addition to their regular monthly events) so as to encourage more diverse play. I'd like to see weekly (fairly low key) events where players are encouraged to play one specific variant from each weight class, preferably the variants that are known to be on the crappier side/not frequently played. Nothing too burdensome (do X amount of damage in mech Y and get a bolt on or cockpit item for each, and then if you do all four maybe a some c-bills and/or a bit of GSP to encourage purchases). They could coordinate such events with 50% off flash sales for the specified variants.

Edited by Bud Crue, 22 July 2021 - 01:34 PM.

#7 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 22 July 2021 - 05:19 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 22 July 2021 - 01:34 PM, said:

Nonsense. If anything PGI ought to do more specific mech oriented events (in addition to their regular monthly events) so as to encourage more diverse play. I'd like to see weekly (fairly low key) events where players are encouraged to play one specific variant from each weight class, preferably the variants that are known to be on the crappier side/not frequently played. Nothing too burdensome (do X amount of damage in mech Y and get a bolt on or cockpit item for each, and then if you do all four maybe a some c-bills and/or a bit of GSP to encourage purchases). They could coordinate such events with 50% off flash sales for the specified variants.

I would like to see this replace the recent ones where you had to use specific weapons. THAT is more annoying.

I can live with Mech specific ones even if I do not have the Mech.

#8 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,413 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 22 July 2021 - 06:02 PM

MWO did do this, of sorts... it's called The Champions Event
http://mwomercs.com/...ions-event-sale

Specific Trial Mechs (aka Champion Mechs) to be played for specific rewards...
and a 50% Off for all Champion Mech promotion...

Currently all Champion Mechs have unskilled Skill Trees (ie: zero points in any of its Skill Trees).

Personally I feel that all (Champion) Trial Mechs should have the same cookie-cutter skilled-out Skill Tree (skill maxed out to 91 points) to make it more playable for new comers:
~13 points in Operations to max out Heat Containment
~30-40 points in Firepower to try maxing out Heat Gen & Magazine Capacity
~points in Survival Skill Tree (+Armor, +Skeletal Density)
~3 points in mobility

==>The point is, for new comers having troubling aiming, with their Trial Mechs currently having unskilled Skill Trees.
No Heat Containment. No Heat Gen. No armor/structure buffs (no points in Survival Skill Tree).
So what would the newcomers do? They do suicide runs at just one enemy, in hopes of KMDD.

So the Champion Event becomes amateur hour.

Please provide all (Champion) Trial Mechs with the same cookie-cutter skilled-out Skill Tree to make it more playable for new comers!

View PostBud Crue, on 22 July 2021 - 01:34 PM, said:

Edited by w0qj, 23 July 2021 - 09:08 PM.

#9 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 23 July 2021 - 02:59 AM

The vast majority of the events do not, so what exactly are you getting at here?

#10 VeeOt Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,087 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 23 July 2021 - 03:26 AM

honestly i don't mind the New Mech Pack exclusive events though i wouldn't mind there being one challenge for doing damage to the them. give those that can't afford the pack something in the event.

as for general mech specific events i am on the fence. part of me would love to see more of the underused chassis on the battlefield (lets not got as specific as a certain variant though). get people to try something new.

the other part of me thinks about the new players who don't have a large library of mechs (hell i have mechs that i bought and have rarely used like my Wolfhound, then again i also have a couple Clan mechs from free events that are just sitting there because i rarely play clan mechs). i can see them picking up a crappy chassis (ok honestly though some are bad there are none that are impossible to do well in) and then kicking themselves for wasting the mech bay on it let alone the C-bills invested in the mech, equipment, and skills only to never use it again.

for mech specific events the rewards should be worth it though with things like patterns and Bolt-Ons not just the usual C-bills, Premium time, and such

now faction events might be better, do damage, match score, and such with Clan or IS mechs (for this i would have the Clan event say one weekend and then the IS the next or vise versa). have the rewards be faction specific decals or cockpit items. for a big event perhaps a faction paint patter that you can chose what chassis you want to put it on (may or may not be locked to that faction's mechs)

i also wouldn't mind seeing events that have you use specific weapons. like do damage with AC/5, Light Gauss, or LRM-10. have the event use weapon systems that are more rarely used, get people thinking on how to use these weapons.

honestly its boring seeing the same build on the same mechs every match. we need to re-learn how to just have fun. anyone can do well in a cookie cutter Meta build if you want a challenge and fun do well in one of the less optimal mechs with an oddball build. (hell i love my annoyance Urbie (2 L-PPC, 3 HMG, 1 ML)) this is directed more at the tier 1 meta try hards who like to flex about how good they are or respond to a complaint with the ever so imaginative "git good" instead of anything actually helpful. i don't look at meta when i build a mech i look at the chassis and think about what would be fun on it. i also don't care about some arbitrary numbers like KTD, or W/L. just have fun people.

Edited by VeeOt Dragon, 23 July 2021 - 03:30 AM.

#11 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 23 July 2021 - 02:22 PM

This thread was moved to Event Suggestions

#12 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 24 July 2021 - 02:35 AM

they have a loot bag drop 2 times a year that you can particpate in with any mech.. you gain more out of those than probably any other event.

Also the warden event only gave away decals and cockpit items not MC not C-bills and 7 days of premium time... and 2 mech bays which are on sale right now... without these special mech events i really don't think you'd see any sales... and i rather like some of the special mech events gives you a reason to not toss them into cold storage and never use them...

Edited by KursedVixen, 24 July 2021 - 02:36 AM.

#13 caseysrevenge

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 127 posts
  • LocationMaastricht netherlands

Posted 25 July 2021 - 07:35 AM

We al ready have a event every month now where you can earn a lot of stuff and a mech.S no we don't need more .

#14 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 25 July 2021 - 01:51 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 24 July 2021 - 02:35 AM, said:

they have a loot bag drop 2 times a year that you can particpate in with any mech.. you gain more out of those than probably any other event

4 times, actually.

#15 Mochyn Pupur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 521 posts
  • LocationDerby, England

Posted 28 July 2021 - 01:25 AM

If memory serves, there used to be a tandem series of events; one for the newly released mechs and a second for everyone to partake of.

However, with the open use events being dropped regularly now, its not that big an issue. Package mech events are another way of saying thank you for keeping MWO's head above water and stumping up some cash and showcasing the new mechs/configurations that can be bought as a package, still at a reduced rate through those events.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users