- - - - -

I Want To Support This Game...

11 replies to this topic

#1 TheRedBaloon

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 July 2021 - 02:28 PM

...but paying for it using Xsolla is so insanely not convenient that it makes it impossible.

Is there any way to buy the websites packs that don't require me to use this bizarre 3rd party payment process?

What is the rationale behind using payment system that makes it HARDER to give your company money?!

#2 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 21 July 2021 - 12:30 AM

View PostTheRedBaloon, on 20 July 2021 - 02:28 PM, said:

...but paying for it using Xsolla is so insanely not convenient that it makes it impossible.
How so? I've been using it just fine for past half decade, what is it doing for you?

Is there any way to buy the websites packs that don't require me to use this bizarre 3rd party payment process?
Not as far as I know.
If you run the game through Steam, you can buy the Solaris Pack there and purchase MC (just MC, no bundles) with your Steam Wallet, but that's as far as it goes.

#3 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 21 July 2021 - 12:52 AM

Maybe describe the problem a bit more? Xsolla supports credit cards PayPal, amazon pay, and multiple smaller payment methods. If it is a more technical issue u can still contact support.

#4 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 21 July 2021 - 01:07 AM

Xsolla is super easy. The problem is not on their end.

#5 Remington1911

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 August 2021 - 09:35 AM

I am a total noob as well, I just last week bought the Clan "wolf" bundle 4 mechs, two give a bonus....you know the deal and the missions you can get prem time.

I just clicked on the "popup" at login it said it would take me to another web page out of game, and I was there. Bought with PayPal and it was like doing any other PP online deal. It did take about 20min for the items to show up in game but no big deal. A few days later I bought some "gold" and it was the same deal, easy.

Not sure what the service is you are talking about, but mine was normal paypal.

#6 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,368 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 12 August 2021 - 07:51 AM

A warm welcome to MWO!

Just a friendly reminder that you get additional bonus from buying your Warden Booster Pack (aka Clan 'wolf' bundle), by playing with all the mechs in this bundle, with the time-limited details for claiming bonuses here:
http://mwomercs.com/events/419

And please do not sell your Standard Variant mechs until you finish above Event for your Warden Booster Pack; you will need these to complete!

Do enjoy your time in MWO!

View PostRemington1911, on 11 August 2021 - 09:35 AM, said:

I am a total noob as well, I just last week bought the Clan "wolf" bundle 4 mechs, two give a bonus....you know the deal and the missions you can get prem time.

I just clicked on the "popup" at login it said it would take me to another web page out of game, and I was there. Bought with PayPal and it was like doing any other PP online deal. It did take about 20min for the items to show up in game but no big deal. A few days later I bought some "gold" and it was the same deal, easy.

Not sure what the service is you are talking about, but mine was normal paypal.

Edited by w0qj, 12 August 2021 - 07:54 AM.

#7 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 12 August 2021 - 11:09 AM

PayPal is bit slower than for example directly using a credit car. But like u mentioned it is not a big deal

#8 Remington1911

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 August 2021 - 05:46 AM

View Postw0qj, on 12 August 2021 - 07:51 AM, said:

A warm welcome to MWO!

Just a friendly reminder that you get additional bonus from buying your Warden Booster Pack (aka Clan 'wolf' bundle), by playing with all the mechs in this bundle, with the time-limited details for claiming bonuses here:
http://mwomercs.com/events/419

And please do not sell your Standard Variant mechs until you finish above Event for your Warden Booster Pack; you will need these to complete!

Do enjoy your time in MWO!

I never really thought about selling the "standard" variant mechs. I guess if I did I would free up a garage slot. Is there any reason to not sell them after I finish the missions, do other missions ever come up that I would need them for.

#9 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 13 August 2021 - 05:50 AM

Only if you really need spare mechbays!

I keep my standard variants, using my standard variant DWF-C as a quick alternate weapon configuration platform for QP :)

View PostRemington1911, on 13 August 2021 - 05:46 AM, said:

I never really thought about selling the "standard" variant mechs. I guess if I did I would free up a garage slot. Is there any reason to not sell them after I finish the missions, do other missions ever come up that I would need them for.

#10 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 13 August 2021 - 09:58 AM

View PostRemington1911, on 13 August 2021 - 05:46 AM, said:

Not selling them lets you build them differently from the (S) variants and have two different builds ready to go at any time.
Making a habit of selling mechs is generally a bad thing - since you always get less for the mech than its' C-Bill cost (and you lose all skill points you bought for it), doing it too many times can put your account in a financial death spiral. Long-term it's smarter to just grab a bunch of mechbays on sale and keep the mechs.

Edited by Horseman, 13 August 2021 - 09:58 AM.

#11 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 13 August 2021 - 07:48 PM

If you are using IS mechs, Clan IIC mechs, or Clan mechs which are not OmniMechs, you pay a lot of virtual CBills for swapping Standard/Endo Structure, or Standard/Ferro Armor, Standard/Artemis missile guidance, and the rare Single/Double DHS swap.

I'm waiting for that rare 50% Off Standard Variant mech sale to get my 2nd mech for my AWS-8Q and MAL-2P.
I'm currently pay an arm and a leg to swap different weapons configuration, and each time I swap, for above reasons.

#12 Remington1911

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 September 2021 - 09:06 AM

View Postw0qj, on 13 August 2021 - 07:48 PM, said:

If you are using IS mechs, Clan IIC mechs, or Clan mechs which are not OmniMechs, you pay a lot of virtual CBills for swapping Standard/Endo Structure, or Standard/Ferro Armor, Standard/Artemis missile guidance, and the rare Single/Double DHS swap. I'm waiting for that rare 50% Off Standard Variant mech sale to get my 2nd mech for my AWS-8Q and MAL-2P. I'm currently pay an arm and a leg to swap different weapons configuration, and each time I swap, for above reasons.

I noticed this the other day when messing with the builds for my Marauder. Hmm I am not buying anything new, my inventory says I have X# of this item why am I paying....I just figured it was like MW5 and I was paying the techs for their work.

Changing builds is a big part of the fun to me. I think I have a good bank account now with all the prem time I got from doing doing the "wolf" missions as part of that bundle. I tell myself this is my 0 CB mark and I will not go below that. Saving up now for a rifleman or jegermech. I love ballistic mechs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users