Rooftops / Out Of Bounds / Invisible Walls

1 reply to this topic

#1 Last Of The Brunnen-G

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 165 posts

Posted 20 July 2021 - 02:45 PM

There are many problems with this map. I just want to take on the geometry problems here and ignore the texture and general layout problems that exist.

When jumping with a mech that can reach the roof tops there are several problems.

1. Sometimes you don't reach the top of the building, because there is an invisible wall blocking you. For example when you are on top of the building in E6 and try to jump on top of the building with the laser lights shooting into the sky you hit an invisible wall, that prevents you from getting more altitude.

2. When you make it to the top of one of the higher buildings somehow, there is a high chance you fall into the building instead of landing on a roof... because there are no roofs (mostly). Sometimes you just get stuck there. Wouldn't be that hard to just give the buildings a roof. I can't even imagine how this could get forgotten by the devs.

3. When you somehow (very unlikely) manage to land on the top of one of the higher buildings and try to jump even higher from there you quickly fly out of bounds. It seems like the out of bounds borders has a hight restriction on the players. You can't even stay on the highest building on the map because the roof is already out of bounds.... that's rediculus! Please remouve the border in the vertical axis or make it so high, that nobody can even dream of coming close to it.

Artifical restrictions kill the immersion and fun of games, exspecially if the maps could just be designed a little different (for example buildings so high, noone can reach the top anyway)

#2 SockSlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 10 August 2022 - 07:35 PM

Well, I fell into a building like you said...but apparently you can exit through a garage entrance...That was an interesting experience, too bad I figured out late...team didn't make it.

Edited by SockSlayer, 10 August 2022 - 07:38 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users