Missile Exploding Early

1 reply to this topic

#1 Falstoffe

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 May 2021 - 11:41 AM

I was piloting my Warhammer 2C-4 on rubelite. I was on one of the upper ramps. I had two mechs about 900 meters out firing some PPC's at me. I was returning fire with my 4xLRM15's group fire. Everything was fine at first and then when I fired a volley all of my missiles made it about 100M and then all just exploded. This continued to happen for several more volleys. There were no AMS graphics or anything of the sort. I found out there were two mechs below me. However, one mech was a piranha and the other was a stalker. Even if there was a glitch in the AMS graphics, those mechs dont mount enough AMS to kill 4xLRM15's being group fired. Needless to say I did almost no damage in the match with my main armaments blowing themselves up shortly after leaving my mech.

#2 Biomechtric

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 123 posts

Posted 30 May 2021 - 12:02 AM

I think you will find that when you look at the hardpoints on the Piranha-A that it comes with 4 AMS hardpoints & it can run either regular AMS or Laser AMS with no issues whatsoever & still carry some weapons.
Not many people run this mech but some do(me for example) and it can very easily mess up the day of any missile build, it's a 4 AMS Corsair just without the Corsair bit weighing it down.
The Stalker was also probably carrying AMS, they can all carry one, the 5S can carry 2. Then there are any others that are in range to shoot down your missiles.

Here is a video of The B33F ruining Lurmers day, before!! the AMS|LRM balance changes that super buffed AMS\nerfed missile health. & yes there were very, very good reasons for the changes made.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users