Do You Want More Siege? Yes Or No

37 replies to this topic

#1 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 245 posts

Posted 25 July 2021 - 06:55 AM

So like title says you want more siege or not?

And again PLAYERS that play FP speak your mind, not players that play one FP match once a month

Edited by Kotis77, 25 July 2021 - 02:33 PM.

#2 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 25 July 2021 - 07:46 AM

First. Make Attacker/Defender random.

Second. Make Siege a little bit more often.

But what more annoyes me is, 4-6 conquests in a row and then maybe a Siege. Something seriously flawed with conquest. Conquest comes too often.

Edited by tee5, 25 July 2021 - 07:46 AM.

#3 vonJerg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 329 posts

Posted 25 July 2021 - 08:56 AM

I vote for more siege, and most definitely less conquest

#4 ccrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 25 July 2021 - 11:22 AM

More siege.

#5 Hammer 13

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 111 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 July 2021 - 01:23 PM

[color=#959595]More siege.[/color]

#6 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 25 July 2021 - 03:06 PM

If it shows 2 modes the odds of the mode should be 50/50, but what actually happens is you get conquest over and over because the map pool is bigger than siege.

#7 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 26 July 2021 - 07:01 PM

View PostKotis77, on 25 July 2021 - 06:55 AM, said:

not players that play one FP match once a month

So not players like you who haven't played for a year, right? Posted Image

#8 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 26 July 2021 - 07:30 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 26 July 2021 - 07:01 PM, said:

? Kotis has been playing pretty continuously?

#9 W4R GOD

• PipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 90 posts

Posted 27 July 2021 - 09:44 AM

Siege. Get rid of the rest of the trash modes that require standing in boxes or circles.

#10 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 245 posts

Posted 27 July 2021 - 01:57 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 26 July 2021 - 07:01 PM, said:

I have had 2-3 month break like year or two ago from this game, but who hasnt?

Since i got you here, are you on the same boat as the rest of Cauldron?

Dont wanna play SIEGE, wants to have Conquest 2000+ tickets? And plays like once a month FP then wants to change it to your selfish way?

Play only boring long range and the solution to balance LG+ERPPC is to make all rest of sniping weapons OP?

Edited by Kotis77, 27 July 2021 - 01:58 PM.

#11 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 27 July 2021 - 02:18 PM

View PostKotis77, on 27 July 2021 - 01:57 PM, said:

Play only boring long range and the solution to balance LG+ERPPC is to make all rest of sniping weapons OP?

It's very much the playerbase of FP that has decided they're going to play long range on every map, and it started long before Cauldron showed up.

Didn't used to be like that.

#12 IronWolfPack64

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 269 posts

Posted 28 July 2021 - 08:23 PM

They should put it back to all siege with counter attack and counter attack defense lol

#13 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 28 July 2021 - 11:30 PM

Have u ever played counter attack? With the current meta it would be a ckuster%%$%# game mode.

View PostJohn Bronco, on 27 July 2021 - 02:18 PM, said:

It's very much the playerbase of FP that has decided they're going to play long range on every map, and it started long before Cauldron showed up.

Didn't used to be like that.

Map design and meta shift. In the time u are talking about a bunch of average units ran around in mpl tbolts etc. Long range is just freaking strong in fp.

#14 Marquis De Lafayette

• 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 29 July 2021 - 09:20 AM

View PostIronWolfPack64, on 28 July 2021 - 08:23 PM, said:

They should put it back to all siege with counter attack and counter attack defense lol

You and I must remember counter-attack differently Iron… what I remember is having a few teams that when they got defense would literally let you take the gen uncontested, just bunker up in their dz (on maps with a common dz) and make you literally go try to smoke them out. As if you were attacking you need to take the gen and the kill lead to win. Ties went to the defender. That was garbage… not all things we have gotten rid of in FW were part of the “good old days”. It could probably be modified, but siege is good enough as is…so no need for counterattack to come back. IMHO anyway.

Edited by Marquis De Lafayette, 29 July 2021 - 09:21 AM.

#15 IronWolfPack64

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 29 July 2021 - 09:34 AM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 29 July 2021 - 09:20 AM, said:

You and I must remember counter-attack differently Iron… what I remember is having a few teams that when they got defense would literally let you take the gen uncontested, just bunker up in their dz (on maps with a common dz) and make you literally go try to smoke them out. As if you were attacking you need to take the gen and the kill lead to win. Ties went to the defender. That was garbage… not all things we have gotten rid of in FW were part of the “good old days”. It could probably be modified, but siege is good enough as is…so no need for counterattack to come back. IMHO anyway.

It's called trolling...... lol

#16 Marquis De Lafayette

• 1,396 posts

Posted 29 July 2021 - 11:03 AM

View PostIronWolfPack64, on 29 July 2021 - 09:34 AM, said:

It's called trolling...... lol

Well it made the mode dumb….kinda like what also happened with incursion in FW. Both had possible potential, but both had fatal implementation flaws that made both of those modes dumb (wave 1 bunkering on counter-attack defense and base rushing on incursion) and deserving of their fate in the trash bin of FW history. In my view anyway. Scouting had its own dumb cancer…particularly those smoke diving stealth fleas but they were at least few and far enough between or not in mass (you could stop 1 or 2 of them) to make the mode livable for those who liked it.

#17 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 31 July 2021 - 10:15 AM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 29 July 2021 - 11:03 AM, said:

Scouting had its own dumb cancer…particularly those smoke diving stealth fleas but they were at least few and far enough between or not in mass (you could stop 1 or 2 of them) to make the mode livable for those who liked it.

No, the cancer was (and still would be) stupidly over powered clan mediums. The stealth fleas wouldn't have happened if it wasn't the only option.

#18 Marquis De Lafayette

• 1,396 posts

Posted 31 July 2021 - 12:40 PM

View PostKhalcruth, on 31 July 2021 - 10:15 AM, said:

No, the cancer was (and still would be) stupidly over powered clan mediums. The stealth fleas wouldn't have happened if it wasn't the only option.

If indeed the Veagles were such a problem, just move the tonnage down to 50. It’s been done before, but i don’t recall those being some unbeatable meta at the time. Strong sure, unbeatable without smoke diving….that part I don’t recall.

#19 IronWolfPack64

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 31 July 2021 - 12:53 PM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 31 July 2021 - 12:40 PM, said:

If indeed the Veagles were such a problem, just move the tonnage down to 50. It’s been done before, but i don’t recall those being some unbeatable meta at the time. Strong sure, unbeatable without smoke diving….that part I don’t recall.

True IS should have 55- clan should have 50. If not that IS should have 60 and clan should have 50. Yes quick draw could be broken but MRMs are not at good against lights and mediums as they are against heavies and assaults. Also this could make the champion and dragon more viable and have a niche in the meta as well. The IS needs a tonnage advantage in invasion it would only be fair if it had the same advantage in scouting. And before I hear anyone complaining, you can’t smoke dive in a quick draw and maybe there would actually be able to be competitive fights and not just smoke diving if the IS could stand up too the 4xSRM lb20 eagles

#20 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 31 July 2021 - 01:18 PM

No need for diffrent tonnage. If u cant beat stormcrow and veagle in bushwaker, crab, wolverine, griffin etc and need to go for smoke dive u will fail in a quickdraw as well. Is mpl and srm are rly good in brawl. I mean just take look at the current comp meta. Problem is just, that for many pugs clan streaks where the way to go, because they cant freaking aim.

If scouting eher comes back win conditions must change, that ds cant lift of if defender in the dropzone. Smoke dive was just stupid and if done correctly an near guaranteed win.

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 31 July 2021 - 01:19 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users