Posted 01 August 2021 - 11:37 PM

Can a critical hit destroy the CASE?

#2 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 01 August 2021 - 11:44 PM

nope, CASE has 0 health and so is ignored when allocating crits.

#3 Lepestok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationNizhniy Tagil

Posted 02 August 2021 - 04:24 AM

Can the case receive a crit at all? That is, if there is 1 heatsink and 1 case, will there be a 50% chance of hitting a critical hit in the heatsink?

#4 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 02 August 2021 - 04:46 AM

no, CASE in not a valid target for crits. If a CASE and a Heatsink are present, the Heatsink takes the hit.

#5 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 31 December 2021 - 07:45 AM

You can equip AMS ammo into your mech for crit padding, albeit at the cost of weight + critical slots.
AMS ammo does not explode anymore.
https://mwomercs.com...auldron-changes

Personally I'll just stuff a DHS into any and all extra spaces in my mech;
better to kill enemy faster, rather than hoping to be "ok" after enemy crit hit on you.
ymmv

Edited by w0qj, 31 December 2021 - 07:46 AM.

#6 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 13 October 2022 - 06:03 PM

I don't understand the damage relationship between damaging mech's internal structure, vs. damage to components located within this same location.

For example:
~IS Mech's right arm is naked (stripped of armor, what were you thinking?? Posted Image )
~Mech's right arm also contain below four (4) items:
1x Light Gauss Rifle (health=11)
1x DHS (health=10)
1x Full Ammo bin for SRM6 (health=10); [and not 0.5 bin]
1x CASE (health=0, treated by MWO as empty space)

- - - - - - - - - -
~Enemy IS mech inflicts 1x AC10 hit on this mech's right arm with no armor.
~Assuming no critical hit:

1. The damage from this single slug of AC10 (damage=10) would damage only the internal structure of this mech's naked right arm?

2. If above is true, under what condition(s) can this AC10 damage also damage right arm's weapon/components?
(My question: Does this AC10 damage=10 damage both internal structure (10 damage), and damage Light Gauss Rifle (10 damage) at the same time??)

3. How does Critical Hit factor into this?

4. Or does damage to weapon/components any damage to the right's internal structure (assuming no internal/ammo explosion)?

Edited by w0qj, 13 October 2022 - 06:04 PM.

#7 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,748 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 13 October 2022 - 06:31 PM

Correct, the damage is applied to the right arm internal structure. There is then a second series of chances on each component in the arm to inflict ADDITIONAL damage directly to components as many as three times from that single shot, though the chances of more than one are quite small. Check the data on Targetting computers for some clues on this secondary damage:

https://mwo.nav-alph...uipment/modules

#8 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 17 October 2022 - 05:15 AM

More questions (thank you in advance!)...

==> Suppose we add Reinforced Casing skill for the mech (or use Charger Number Seven hero mech), would this also help protect the components (Engine, weapons, DHS, ammo, etc.) from critical hits, hence potentially prolonging the useful life of these components after armor is gone?

#9 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,748 posts

Posted 17 October 2022 - 02:06 PM

View Postw0qj, on 17 October 2022 - 05:15 AM, said:

More questions (thank you in advance!)...

==> Suppose we add Reinforced Casing skill for the mech (or use Charger Number Seven hero mech), would this also help protect the components (Engine, weapons, DHS, ammo, etc.) from critical hits, hence potentially prolonging the useful life of these components after armor is gone?

Correct. Reinforced casing reduces the chance of each crit roll by X percent. So say you have 70% crit reduction and the chances for 1, 2, or 3 crits are 10%, 4%, and 2% (numbers I pulled out of thin air)... the chances of getting one or more crits then become 3%, 1.2%, and 0.6% instead.

And the Number Seven upped to a glorious 100% crit reduction chance... there are no crits. ever. internal structure and armor are effectively the exact same thing for that mech. (That's why I love that mech...)

#10 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 18 October 2022 - 05:11 PM

Assuming that my mech has no built-in "Critical Hit Chance Receiving%", and I've skilled out a lot of "Reinforced Casing" skill nodes:

==>Would my weapons, equipment (DHS, etc.), and ammo be more protected under such a scenario?

#11 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,748 posts

Posted 18 October 2022 - 07:23 PM

View Postw0qj, on 18 October 2022 - 05:11 PM, said:

Assuming that my mech has no built-in "Critical Hit Chance Receiving%", and I've skilled out a lot of "Reinforced Casing" skill nodes:

==>Would my weapons, equipment (DHS, etc.), and ammo be more protected under such a scenario?

Somewhat, yes. Each node of reinforced casing subtracts 4% from your chance of receiving one or more crits. All eight nodes would be a 32% reduction in crits received. 1/3 less crits. This is the most reduction a mech with no crit chance quirks can get.

For any mech with a crit quirk, the values add. Annihilators get a 15% reduction, so all 8 nodes would take you to -47% chance of being critted. All Atlases come with a -40%, so that would total 72% less crits.

Only 2 mechs can hit that 100% reduction in crits (no crits ever):

Charger Number Seven (90% + 3 Reinforced Casing = 102%)
Awesome Pretty Baby (70% + all 8 Reinforced Casing = 102%)

#12 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,575 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 19 October 2022 - 12:48 AM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 13 October 2022 - 06:31 PM, said:

Correct, the damage is applied to the right arm internal structure. There is then a second series of chances on each component in the arm to inflict ADDITIONAL damage directly to components as many as three times from that single shot, though the chances of more than one are quite small. Check the data on Targetting computers for some clues on this secondary damage:

https://mwo.nav-alph...uipment/modules

Is there still a small "bonus" to structure damage when critical hits are scored? I remember it used to be that bonus damage to internal structure equal to 15% of your critical damage was inflicted on a critical hit - but not more than 15% of the damaged equipment "hp."

So for example if you hit someone's open side torso with an AC/10 and scored a x1 critical on a 10-HP Heat Sink, you'd inflict 1.5 extra damage to internal structure, but an AC/20 with the same crit would still only inflict 1.5 extra damage.

It's quite possible they changed or scrapped that mechanic, but I've been inactive for a while.

Edited by Void Angel, 19 October 2022 - 12:36 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users