No replies to this topic

#1 Daemonhunter

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 14 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 04 August 2021 - 07:53 PM

I can't be the first one to have had this idea, but if it has come up before I don't remember it. Ideally this event would have run over the same period as the real Olympics, but I only came back to the game a few weeks ago and there's no reason it can't be run at some other time.

Anyway, there's plenty of potential for an Olympics-themed event (I don't even particularly like the Olympics, but it's just so easy to theme an event around it). The types of challenges and rewards I've suggested below are merely representative, to demonstrate some of this potential, and would naturally need to be adjusted for balancing/fairness/difficulty/practicality/desirability. I'm sure plenty more additions/adjustments could be made.

"National Qualifiers"
Win a match
Reward: 1x flag standing cockpit item (player's choice)

"Opening Ceremony"
Play a match with a flag standing cockpit item equipped
Reward: 1 day Active Premium Time, 3x flag standing cockpit items (player's choice)

"High Jump"
Exhaust your fuel on a mech with 4+ Jump Jets / win a match in a mech with a maximum jump distance >25m

"Sprints"
Survive and win in 3 matches with a match score >150 in a mech faster than 125kph

"Weight Lifting"
Survive and win 3 matches with a match score >150 in a 90+ ton mech

"Boxing"
Survive a match with <30% health / accumulate X damage taken / do X damage with SRMs

"Gymnastics"
Get 6 KMDDs in a mech <= 30 tons

"Shot Put"
Get a kill with an AC20

"Archery"
Hit 12 targets with a NARC in a single match

"Synchronised Swimming"
Get 12 Lance In Formation awards

"***** Shooting"
Get 3 kills with an LB-X weapon

"Trap Shooting"
Destroy an enemy base component (Invasion game mode) x3

"Relay"
Transfer a battery (Invasion game mode) x3

"Steeplechase"
Get 3x First Captures in one match (Conquest game mode)

"Pentathlon"
Win a match in each Quick-Play game mode (Assault, Conquest, Domination, Incursion, Skirmish)

"Throwing or shooting stuff (Discus/Hammer/Javelin/Shot Put/Archery/Shooting)":
Get X cumulative match score in one of the following mechs: Javelin, Archer, Trebuchet, Catapult, Warhammer, Warhammer IIC, Rifleman or Rifleman IIC.

The above challenges would offer the usual sort of rewards like C-Bills, GXP, consumables, maybe some GSP and the odd thematically-appropriate cockpit item or decal. There could also be some collective challenges like the following:

"Bronze Medalist"
Complete one third of the sports challenges
Reward: [some colour close to bronze], "3" decal, 100MC, 3 Days Active Premium Time

"Silver Medalist"
Complete two thirds of the sports challenges
Reward: Wolf Silver (colour), "2" decal, 250MC, 7 Days Active Premium Time

"Gold Medalist"
Complete all of the sports challenges
Reward: Jade Falcon Gold (colour), "1" decal, Mech Bay + Mech (two options to choose from - Champion and Victor would be thematic)

On a related note, national flags would be a nice addition to the available decals (and would have been another suitably thematic reward for this event, if they already existed).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users