23 replies to this topic

#21 Vectoron The Black Minister

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 375 posts

Posted 20 August 2021 - 06:16 AM

View PostIgnatius Audene, on 20 August 2021 - 03:20 AM, said:

It takes away grind. Pgi earns money by offering legal was to reduce grind. It is not in pgi interest that wales shorten grind for their NEW units members (here pgi earn their main income).

Makes sense.

Then the idea of coffers maybe should switch to a purely MC function, rather than C-Bill function if utilized at all.

Edited by Vectoron The Black Minister, 20 August 2021 - 06:17 AM.

#22 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 20 August 2021 - 08:31 AM

events... exploit...

#23 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 20 August 2021 - 08:57 AM

View PostIgnatius Audene, on 20 August 2021 - 08:31 AM, said:

events... exploit...

They just don't get it man...

They F2P monetisation, the model, none of it...

#24 Kwea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 374 posts

Posted 06 September 2021 - 05:50 PM

View PostVectoron The Black Minister, on 18 August 2021 - 02:57 PM, said:

I see this has become a topic of interest again.

A WHILE back, when PGI asked for feedback and ideas to improve the game - I had drafted a system for coffers that solved many issues with exploitation and allowed units to donate C-Bills and MC to players in there unit. It was widely approved by the community at the time, but was never touched as PGI had other goals in mind for the time (although I'm fairly certain Paul had taken notice of it).

I had saved it fortunately. Feel free to take it, edited, and do whatever with it. I want the coffers used too and if someone else is able to improve upon my idea or straight up come up with something better - be my guest. It isn't PERFECT, nothing is... but I think its good enough.

Coffers

Preface

The issue of how to use coffers has been met with two primary issues in the past. The first being exploitability via “gold farming” via creating secondary accounts with “cadet bonuses” and the second being breaking the in-game economy.

I am including solutions to both issues. I am also including ways to finally use that money.
Finally… and possibly most importantly… I have figured out a way for PGI to make money from this.

You are hardly the first person/unit to make all of those suggestions. MS did it in round table discussions with PGI 5 years ago.

I would love it if they would adopt even SOME of those suggestions. If they had 5 years ago we wouldn't be where we are now (dying).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users