Anyone Using The As7-S(L) Lately?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Orangeug1ad

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 August 2021 - 08:19 AM

Hello, I am a Founder that left a very long time ago. I basically stopped PC gaming and went solely to console for a while. I never was very good at MWO I only had a couple hundred games in before I stopped playing so I still basically have no idea what the heck I'm doing.

Now that I have a pretty good gaming laptop I wanted to get into this game and give it a proper go. I love the Mechwarrior/Battletech world and even played MW3 and 4 way back in the day.

Now I am having a decent good time with the Heavy Mech, Hellbringer HBR-F(C) And I have these great Assaults I'd like to try to learn to use but I am not sure if the builds are the same as the old ones I'm finding online.

AS7-S(L)
KGC-000(L)
BLR-1D
BLR-1G(P)
BLR-1S

I really think I can get into the brawling with the AS7-S(L). If I can learn to do it properly and learn where to go on on the maps.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also I am a more mature gamer... mid 40's so any pilots that don't mind a noob older dude I might like to catch some drops with you sometimes.

#2 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 10 August 2021 - 11:36 AM

The S variant of the atlas is unfortunate for having structure quirks instead of the armour some of the other variants get.

There are more or less current loadouts for most mechs to be found in https://grimmechs.is...im.org/Database
KGC-000 with 3RAC2+3AC2 is fine and BLR-1G with 6 Large Lasers should be fine. Dunno about the other BLRs.

#3 pattonesque

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 10 August 2021 - 12:10 PM

that being said, the AS7-S can still brawl quite well. Slap an AC/20, 4SRM6As, enough ammo for about 20-ish shots of each, a big engine, and max armor on it and twist your fool head off

#4 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,805 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 10 August 2021 - 12:45 PM

View Postpattonesque, on 10 August 2021 - 12:10 PM, said:

that being said, the AS7-S can still brawl quite well. Slap an AC/20, 4SRM6As, enough ammo for about 20-ish shots of each, a big engine, and max armor on it and twist your fool head off

Alternately you can use 3 snub-nose PPC's instead of artemis SRM's. Less overall damage but better pinpoint. Not as good for corner peeking, but an Atlas doesn't do much of that.

#5 Heart of Storm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 155 posts
  • Location[Redacted]

Posted 13 September 2021 - 03:27 AM

View Postpattonesque, on 10 August 2021 - 12:10 PM, said:

This is how I run my AS7-S - stay in cover and move close whilst all the PPC sniping takes place, then lead a push when the enemy are battered from long-mid range trading. Mechs just fall apart and as long as you can manage the heat and shield with your arms you can just rip through enemy mechs

#6 VeeOt Dragon

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,083 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 15 September 2021 - 04:13 PM

wouldn't mind droppin with you some time.

honestly i say just fool around in the testing ground with builds until you find something you like and go for it. i try to push people away from the "meta is the only way to play" mindset. just find something you like and have fun. honestly its more about how you position yourself (with consideration with the optimal range of your weapons) along with your team more than it is loadout. good situation awareness and knowing when to fire, when to push, and when to hang back are much more important. take some time to learn the maps, grab a fast mech from the store (don't need to buy just grab one and click the testing grounds button) and take a few nice long strolls. there are quite a few new maps since beta and some have changed quite a bit (not sure exactly as i have only been playing for 4 years.).

see you on the battlefield and don't forget to have fun.

Edited by VeeOt Dragon, 15 September 2021 - 04:18 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users