8 replies to this topic

#1 KodiakGW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 10 August 2021 - 02:46 PM

So I've noticed the AI does not do well at all in the mechs that my friends want to use when we do CO-OP. So I put their mechs into cold storage while working on the grindy stuff (shopping, running lower quests to finish off upgrade paths, etc.). When you do that, you get this warning:

Posted Image

But, what is doesn't tell you is that all the upgrades you applied are also removed. So, all the CBills, and especially days spent on getting the upgrade applied are lost. Seems a bit odd to do that since upgrades are applied to the mech, not to anything that can be removed. You can swap out weapons and still get the range an damage boosts.

I ran a test just to make sure that it wasn't because I had multiples of the same chassis in storage. I applied the 15% Speed Tweak upgrade to the Orion ON1-YAJ you can only get from running a quest. So it would be a unique chassis. Moved it to cold storage, Did a jump to the next planet in an industrial sector, and pulled it back. Upgrade was gone. And, this test was done before I installed any mods, so I know it is not a mod glitch.

Good news is that there are a couple of mods in the Steam Workshop and on Nexus which address this. Here is hoping they change this if they ever do another patch. They should at least update the notification.

#2 SomersetStriker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 297 posts

Posted 12 August 2021 - 05:17 AM

I kind of felt that was part of the meaning. It all goes. Pain in the butt it is when you have it configured exactly the way you want it but that's what they did.

#3 KodiakGW

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 12 August 2021 - 06:21 PM

View PostSomersetStriker, on 12 August 2021 - 05:17 AM, said:

Pain in the butt it is when you have it configured exactly the way you want it but that's what they did.

I have no problem with redoing configuration. It is more of the CBill and time to upgrade. Most of the component configurations take very little time and CBills. But to apply six slots of upgrades takes 127 days and millions of CBills, where most of the are just slight, but useful, upgrades. Nothing like a 20%+ upgrade. I’m close to Clan invasion on that toon. Advancing the timeline 5-6 months so I can play with friends, then have to advance it again if I need to play the AI, seems ridiculous.

Like I said, there are mods that help alleviate the issue. Thinking of making my own mod to combine all the changes I want to see that combination of available mods throws up conflicts. Just would rather not to have to deal with Epic to download the kit.

#4 nubbear

• Pip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 June 2022 - 04:06 AM

Please PGI fix this bug! I have wasted countless hours grinding this game and realizing this bug recently

#5 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 20 June 2022 - 05:11 AM

Well, the message you get when you put Mechs into storage is they will be stripped of anything so i guess it is not necessarily a bug but a feature...

#6 SomersetStriker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 297 posts

Posted 19 January 2023 - 05:52 AM

View PostKodiakGW, on 12 August 2021 - 06:21 PM, said:

Like I said, there are mods that help alleviate the issue. Thinking of making my own mod to combine all the changes I want to see that combination of available mods throws up conflicts. Just would rather not to have to deal with Epic to download the kit.

Maybe the "Active 'Mech roster now expandable from 12 to 40 'Mech Bays" soon to happen will partially or fully resolve this in one way or another for you. Its not quite what you wanted but will hopefully suffice :)

#7 KodiakGW

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 19 January 2023 - 06:12 AM

View PostSomersetStriker, on 19 January 2023 - 05:52 AM, said:

Snip

My reply was made months ago. Since then I’ve been using Yet Another Mechlab mod that allows saving loadouts when moving mechs to storage. The awesome MW5 modding community has been showing PGI how to get things done. PGI should continue showing support to them, and even implement their work and throw them some cash.

#8 SomersetStriker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 297 posts

Posted 19 January 2023 - 10:16 AM

Officially though that change appears like its going to be it. That's why I was saying if that also makes any sense. It does to me but maybe my words don't express what I'm thinking.

The mod is fine if that's how you want to go Posted Image

I just felt it needed to be injected and updated as such.

Edited by SomersetStriker, 19 January 2023 - 10:17 AM.

#9 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 21 January 2023 - 04:12 PM

Saving loadouts is the primary reason I installed YAML. Most of the other stuff is just a bonus to me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users