Turn Left & Right Controls

6 replies to this topic

#1 i64man

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 August 2021 - 07:07 AM

I have been playing the game since it was released. Have played vanilla and modded. Recently started to have an issue with using the turning keys A & D. Instead of turning nowmy mech is side stepping in either direction depending on which key I pressed. Also, it seems that the torso of whichever mech I used csn turn more than the normal turn radius and it is also so shown on the mini map. I am using a logitech 510 keyboard and a G502 gaming mouse. Have anyone had experience anything similar?

#2 SomersetStriker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 298 posts

Posted 14 August 2021 - 08:33 AM

Suppose that would be a bug as strafe is a part of Unreal Engine but it shouldn't be happening as they have forward and reverse motion (tied to the legs) that is added to the movement. Even if you had the controls turned 90 degrees the mech shouldn't go straight with line of sight but only "left and right" which is straight with the legs.

Don't think its the mech either. I'm not aware of any that do that.

Edited by SomersetStriker, 14 August 2021 - 08:36 AM.

#3 Zephrym

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 148 posts

Posted 14 August 2021 - 11:58 AM

Sounds similar to the bug that appeared recently with the mouse cursor I found that my torso locked but the effects may be different for you Are you on Epic (I assume yes if you've been playing for a while)?

Have a look at the thread 'mouse stuck on screen' and apply the fix on the third post to see if that sorts you out.

#4 SomersetStriker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 298 posts

Posted 14 August 2021 - 01:46 PM

Just to add there's supposedly a setting that allows the legs to center to the torso which allows you to move more like an fps. I don't know what the setting is. Waiting for the next update to drop (at least if not some other after that) before I install it again.

#5 i64man

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 August 2021 - 10:36 PM

View PostZephrym, on 14 August 2021 - 11:58 AM, said:

Sounds similar to the bug that appeared recently with the mouse cursor I found that my torso locked but the effects may be different for you Are you on Epic (I assume yes if you've been playing for a while)?

Have a look at the thread 'mouse stuck on screen' and apply the fix on the third post to see if that sorts you out.

Ok thanks and I will check the threat here.... as for being in Epic, what do you mean?

#6 Zephrym

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 148 posts

Posted 14 August 2021 - 10:56 PM

View Posti64man, on 14 August 2021 - 10:36 PM, said:

Ok thanks and I will check the threat here.... as for being in Epic, what do you mean?

Did you purchase your game of MW5 on the Epic Game Store (EGS)?

#7 i64man

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 August 2021 - 08:32 AM

Followed the recommended steps on the mouse stuck on the screen and the issue was fixed. Thanks for the tips

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users