Sch-Prime Jump Bug

3 replies to this topic

#1 alphieus

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 August 2021 - 10:29 PM

This one is hard because the reproduction is terribly inconsistent. Sometimes when I jump with the ACH-PRIME (but probably other ACH too) and am grinding against a wall I'm trying to get up, gravity will get confused and fling me 15-20 mech lengths in the air. This results in a crap ton of leg damage, which can frequently rip a leg off, which is a death sentence for a light.

#2 Homers Crayon

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 17 August 2021 - 09:42 AM

I have that happen to me too.
I think its due to a jittery network connection.
Some network packets arrive late and it fudges stuff up

#3 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 20 August 2021 - 12:16 AM

Hey there, alphieus... I'm noticing that your thread title says "sch-prime" as of when I am posting this, which could potentially cause someone to become confused and think of the ShadowCat ("shc" designator) or StormCrow ("scr" designator) 'Mech instead. Given the content of your post, and the probability that you did not intend to clickbait people who are unable to help you, did you perhaps mean to put "ach-prime" up there? :o

As for your problem with getting flung up high, I can only suggest working on finding better spots to get up in the air and onto a higher surface. You'll likely find that using the Testing Grounds will help with doing that bit of research, because the best spots to jump are not highlighted like what other games do. Having such highlighting would have created a negative shift in Game Balance which could end up giving a wrongful benefit to those attempting kill others who use JumpJets to get around in battle. I'll even take a big guess here, but I would bet that you've had this issue mostly on "The Mining Collective" and "HPG Manifold" battle maps, right? When you get up to the top, and you're cresting over, try to not finish using up your JumpJet Fuel if you can avoid it. That way, if you do get flung, you might have some chance to mitigate damage on the fall when the game gets out of hand. :huh:

~D. V. "I'm probably not the only one confused by that 'sch vs ach' thing... Please fix? Also, here are some tips..." Devnull

#4 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,269 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 20 August 2021 - 02:41 AM

The trampoline "bug" is an effect that can occure out of a couple of reasons.
The first one is an actual bug/exploit caused by the map you are playing on that has "holes" in its colision surface causing the mech to sink in to the point where you get a colision again cuz the mechs hits the sides of the hole.
This can result in getting stuck bouncing on a spot, just getting stuck hovering or getting ejected out of the spott. Mining colective had prominent spots that could be used to trampoline jump over halve the map.

An other reason can be simple rubberbanding/warping causing you to get "accellerated" to a "velocity" that would have been impossible otherwisely.
If now the collision system is confronted with your pseudo velocity you get repelled according to your pseudovelocity rather than to your actual velocity before and after the rubberbanding took place.

Third and almost most hillarious probability is to be bounced of an other mech that is ramming you and that has collision or connectivity problems itself. Causing you to get flung up in the air because he is suddenly occupying the space you did a split second ago.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users