Just Some Thoughts From A Guy With Not A Lot Of Time.

4 replies to this topic

#1 Metallic Helium

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 August 2021 - 04:51 PM

I forget if it was MW2:Mercs, MW3, or MW4, but there was a feature added that was a huge gamechanger in the deepening of gameplay.

That was the ability to set a single weapon group to chain fire.

Say you had a mech, and you have two LRM5s on group 1, 2 AC10s on 2, and 4 medium lasers on group 3,

The planet is a little hot, so the first two groups don't really hamper the mech, but the lasers do, so you want them to chain fire.

There was only one MW game that had this and it was such a great thing. I dislike having to chain fire my lasers, missles and autocannons when some work well in concert.

I've mentioned this on many previous MW titles, I think it would be cool if it was implemented.

Second. In MW1, and MW4, maybe others, you could repair only as much armor as you need. So you could repair 20 points out of 28, making you feel like a real customizer and merc. I feel like having only the choice to fully repair just gives the illusion of control.

Both of these things were so great in previous games.

#2 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,575 posts

Posted 16 August 2021 - 09:34 PM

Uh, this chainfire function you describe is exactly what MW5 does, so... Posted Image ?

#3 Metallic Helium

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 August 2021 - 09:54 AM

Ah, you are right. That's a good thing.

#4 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 18 August 2021 - 07:13 PM

mw3 was the one that did things different. it would even lock out weapons that couldnt reach the crosshair so it wouldnt waste any heat firing weapons that wouldnt do any good. i never really got the hang of the system. generally it was a lot more thought out than the mw2 system.

mw3 is also the easiest to run on a modern computer/os. it worked on windows 8.1 stock (though with some video driver tweaks, to fix the bouncing vehicle issue), though the cutscenes didnt work due to lacking the right codec (idk if thats fixable). havent tried it on win10 though.

Edited by LordNothing, 18 August 2021 - 07:20 PM.

#5 SomersetStriker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 298 posts

Posted 19 August 2021 - 04:00 AM

They should put in an eject system Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users