Ultimate Edition On Steam ?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Gisela von Hinten

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 17 August 2021 - 07:22 PM

Hi PGI,
i purchased an ultimate edition back in april 2019 which was explicitly marketed as steam supported.
i only got keys for the "epic" launcher back then because of PGI management issues.
how do i convert that key to a steam key so i can finally play my game after a 2+ year wait ?

And no, the epic stuff is not going to get installed on my HDD, i already have one lock-in tool.

#2 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 17 August 2021 - 09:13 PM

Tough luck, Gisela. They explicitly stated at the time that steam keys via the pre-order packs are not going to happen, ever. So you either use your Epic Key and install it from there, or buy it again on steam/GoG. These are your options if you want to play MW5.

#3 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,736 posts

Posted 04 September 2021 - 08:36 AM

i think pgi could offer migration keys to players who already own the game on another platform, at a nominal fee of course. to cover steam's expenses. or at least issue a discount coupons if they wish to rebuy.

of course a steam sale will likely enable you to just rebuy the game on the steam platform for about the same price. just give it a year or two.

Edited by LordNothing, 04 September 2021 - 08:38 AM.

#4 Lord Sevenous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 360 posts
  • LocationGermany, Münster (North Rhine-Westphalia)

Posted 16 September 2021 - 08:49 AM

They could (maybe even should) but will not.

Back then everyone who said that EPIC was a NO GO had the Option to get FULLY reimbursed but that option has run out now...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users