Suddenly Invalid Stalker Loadouts

Help Me Question

4 replies to this topic

#1 Anachronda

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 293 posts

Posted 18 August 2021 - 11:02 AM

My stalkers have had the same configuration for years now, with no issues. I haven't been playing frequently, but earlier this year there were no issues. I came in today to check out the current event, and they are all marked as having invalid loadouts.

This link goes to the mechlab readout for the three:

https://imgur.com/a/P1KCY85

There is no information about why the loadout is invalid. Just a generic alert saying invalid loadout, with no additional icons or tooltips. I decided to check if there was just a glitch, so I removed the engine from one of the stalkers, saved, then tried to put the engine back. The game would not save the engine, saying it could not save due to a critical loadout error.

I haven't seen this on my other mechs. The only invalid mechs I have are ones where I took out the engine previously for some other mech and never put one back.

#2 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 18 August 2021 - 12:07 PM

remove armor and put it back up. broken because of new quiks

#3 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 18 August 2021 - 12:09 PM

It was explained in the patch notes. A while back Stalkers, Cicadas, Jenners and Jagermechs got back the armor values that were previously stolen from their arms. To compensate quirks were applied to the side torsos. The net effect is a large buff to durability. However if you were running the previous max armor values to side torsos those values now are outside allowed limits which generates the error.

The fix is simple and takes maybe ten seconds per chassis. Just lower your front armor and bring up the rear. Also CASE is weightless and equipable in limbs now, I highly recommend you use it on that Misery build.

Edited by Spheroid, 18 August 2021 - 12:10 PM.

#4 Anachronda

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 293 posts

Posted 18 August 2021 - 01:13 PM

Thank you for your swift replies. I had tried just about everything else but changing armor. After fiddling, not only did I get the invalid loadout fixed, but I also ended up with more armor all around.

That was really good news about CASE. I took your advice and added it top the Misery build. I will probably revisit my other ammo builds and see if I can fit it in there.

Incidentally, CASE has at times also applied to Gauss rifle explosions. But it's been patched not to work for them and then to work for them again several times over the years. Do you know if it helps with gauss explosions currently?

#5 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 18 August 2021 - 01:25 PM

Yes CASE applies to gauss rifles. Its not always worth it though since a torso mounted gauss rifle will not always result in enough damage to spill over into the CT.

What is nice about the new CASE though is since it can be limb mounted a gauss Jagermech is greatly improved if using an XL since the arm exlosion damage will not propagate to the side torso.

Edited by Spheroid, 18 August 2021 - 01:53 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users