Why Haven't You Fixed The Upgrades Bug Yet? Pgi.

7 replies to this topic

#1 PancakeBunny

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 August 2021 - 01:27 AM

Because it is a bug, you don't get to lose all of your mech upgrades just because they were moved to cold storage. This is basically a soft lock on 12 mechs once they got upgraded, its extremely discouraging to ready up new mechs because millions and millions of c-bills and months in time are wasted every time.

Can you fix this already? it's been months now.

#2 SomersetStriker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 298 posts

Posted 20 August 2021 - 04:46 PM

There are daily testing builds being created so they are doing stuff for another update. If that consists of fixes for silly issues that shouldn't be or not is unknown. And when the next update drops is also unknown.

But, then again, cold storage removal of everything, isn't necessarily an issue. Its a point of view. Though, I do agree it isn't fun and games should be fun.

Edited by SomersetStriker, 20 August 2021 - 04:50 PM.

#3 KodiakGW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 21 August 2021 - 09:41 AM

“Working as intended.” Reasons why you play with mods. Really, they need to take the most used/download mods, integrate them, and compensate the mod makers in some way for figuring out how to make the game better.

#4 SomersetStriker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 298 posts

Posted 22 August 2021 - 10:48 AM

View PostKodiakGW, on 21 August 2021 - 09:41 AM, said:

“Working as intended.” Reasons why you play with mods. Really, they need to take the most used/download mods, integrate them, and compensate the mod makers in some way for figuring out how to make the game better.

That is definitely true. One recent mod fixes their new ops room with broken graphics so its the same better way it was before the major update. Probably everyone should be using mods at this point and that's difficult to believe but its what they did.

By the way, I haven't been a mod user as I 99% don't ever use mods so the fact that its this way has been unknown to me until I accidentally noticed a mod to fix the ops room. Might actually play the game again soon.

Edited by SomersetStriker, 22 August 2021 - 11:03 AM.

#5 KodiakGW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 22 August 2021 - 06:35 PM

View PostSomersetStriker, on 22 August 2021 - 10:48 AM, said:

By the way, I haven't been a mod user as I 99% don't ever use mods so the fact that its this way has been unknown to me until I accidentally noticed a mod to fix the ops room. Might actually play the game again soon.

I rarely use mods myself. Only when there is something fun. Last time I used a mod was for Unreal Tournament 2004. Forget the name, but added a gun that was a full auto explosive paint ball. Loads of fun with friends. This is the first time I felt the need to use mods to make the game feel polished.

#6 Zephrym

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 148 posts

Posted 28 August 2021 - 11:16 AM

This mod 'fixes' the loss of upgrades when 'mechs are moved to cold storage.

https://www.nexusmod...naries/mods/514

Hope that's of some help/comfort.

Z.

#7 nubbear

• Pip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 June 2022 - 04:08 AM

Please PGI fix this bug! I have wasted countless hours grinding this game with this bug.

#8 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 20 June 2022 - 05:14 AM

Write the MW5 support a letter, i dont think you will get much attention here...

You can use this adress:
support@mw5mercs.com

Edited by Thorqemada, 20 June 2022 - 05:15 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users