HPG

34 replies to this topic

#1 randomxtc16

• PipPip
  • Point Commander
  • Point Commander
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 August 2021 - 11:15 AM

Did anyone actually playtest this first?

- F3/F2 next to one of the new ramps is an entire floating wall that a light mech can get inside of and "powerdown/hide"
- C4 ramp has a gap in it which a mech again can "powerdown/hide"
- B6 topside has an overhanging lip in an enclave that people will never search for/in, " "
-D4, on the "cube" the commando stands on in testing grounds there are 3 "things" that could be removed and serve no purpose except to piss off players which are the floor boobs right in the middle of an active walkway and some square jutting out blocking a pathway for the ramp in E4

And don't think I didn't see that shotty bridge job in E3 (you know what i'm talking about....just rescale the 1 bridge instead of having 2 misaligned ones...)

I would love to post up the photos to show these things but these forums man...

#2 Brom96

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 213 posts

Posted 24 August 2021 - 11:29 AM

Seems they did their best to impede movement on the map and tailor it to folks sniping in their assault mechs. As usual, we shall see in about week or so , when people learn to play it. Hopefully, it will go to obscurity, like new Polar did.

Instead of making new maps they just keep altering old ones to their personal preferences. Nothing new.

#3 randomxtc16

• PipPip
  • Point Commander
  • Point Commander
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 August 2021 - 12:00 PM

Greed, the downfall of...well...everything, in everyway.

#4 Hierarch

• PipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 68 posts

Posted 24 August 2021 - 02:21 PM

Yeah these new map changes suck. HPG is *** now it seems. Easily reached walls and no cover real cover in the mid, Polar changes sucked too.

Editing to add frustration to my post.

Who thought it was a good idea to allow **** like a direwolf up on the walls

Edited by Hierarch, 24 August 2021 - 02:39 PM.

#5 PresidentRoslin

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 August 2021 - 10:42 PM

Mechs are getting stuck in areas of the floor and then can't get out. This has happened both times that I've played this map.

#6 BoredOuttaMeNut

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 August 2021 - 03:14 AM

HPG has gone from super Nascar to wall sniping hell hole Posted Image

It's now on my never vote for list

#7 MadDach5und

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 45 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 25 August 2021 - 07:05 PM

View PostPresidentRoslin, on 24 August 2021 - 10:42 PM, said:

Mechs are getting stuck in areas of the floor and then can't get out. This has happened both times that I've played this map.

If you want to be helpful, screen cap or identify the areas of concern by map coordinates and a description, don't just whine about something being 'wrong'

https://ibb.co/TP3rS3V

In the attached photo link - I witnessed an assault dropping off the wall directly above the two streetlights in the image, and got stuck in a endless animation loop of falling dunno if that was a disconnect glitch or the map, but thought I'd mention it.

View PostBoredOuttaMeNut, on 25 August 2021 - 03:14 AM, said:

HPG has gone from super Nascar to wall sniping hell hole Posted Image

It's now on my never vote for list

Nobody cares i about your "Never" list - on the brighter side, you can always re-learn how to be a sniper, since it is indeed a significant part of battlefield tactics

#8 Abohac

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 August 2021 - 09:19 AM

The new HPG has become a wall sniping douche bag map. If more people start sniping on the wall it will easily make the old polar highlands fun.

#9 KingCobra37

Rookie

• The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 August 2021 - 01:11 PM

great job on the new hpg. **** is dope! anyone hating on snipers, tailor your tactics. the snipers LOS is easily blockable

#10 roekenny

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • 131 posts

Posted 28 August 2021 - 11:09 AM

View PostKingCobra37, on 27 August 2021 - 01:11 PM, said:

great job on the new hpg. **** is dope! anyone hating on snipers, tailor your tactics. the snipers LOS is easily blockable

LOS easily blockable unless they want to know if lights are trying to flank, or on your side of the map or trying to go up the ramp as they have very clear sight lines and bottlenecks. Oh what's that you want to snipe them well too bad they have high ground. There is no disadvantage for been on the wall and the meta will be wait until they have nascared into you and pin them for the walls to deal with.

If they added ramps to inside I wouldn't mind but to deal with the wall you have to jet pack or walk into their spawn area and up the ramps what for anything heavier than a medium is tedious so you have free reign to snipe unmolested up there effectively. Frankly it's piss poor map design if a play style can be abused without any return fire. This is more egregious than old highlands as at least there you could punish mass LRMS by pushing hard into them.

Edited by roekenny, 28 August 2021 - 11:10 AM.

#11 Jaywalking Penguin

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 August 2021 - 12:42 PM

Honestly, this new HPG makes me want to just disconnect as soon as it wins a vote. Even when my team wins, the battle is not fun.

#12 JPeiper

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 August 2021 - 02:55 PM

Brawlers in the basement, sniping from the walls. Thats it. If you have the wrong loadout you're toast.

#13 0ver Kill

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 August 2021 - 04:35 PM

I've played 77 games on this map and in only 4 games the losing team have killed more than 3 mechs on the winning team,
that's a 95% Stomp rate way worse than the old HPG, I Can't believe I'm saying this but bring back Nascar.

#14 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 29 August 2021 - 07:58 PM

remove the Walls around the Center , and give the Groundtexture a other Tileset as the same like the walls ....to many Maps only playable in the rangelimited Night or heatvison and with bad contrasts ...MWO is most a Hell for the biological optical Sensors

Edited by MW Waldorf Statler, 29 August 2021 - 07:59 PM.

#15 Fae Puka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 31 August 2021 - 09:30 AM

Finding lots of floating resources, even the basement has a gap so big, a Flea could go under it. Guessing the aspect of quality assurance and testing doesn't matter anymore . . even to PGI's fairly low standards.

#16 Strikken

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 13 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 31 August 2021 - 03:34 PM

This is easily the first map I've ever played that has me contemplating just diconnecting or running out of bounds.

#17 Therewolf

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationThat freaking cold place

Posted 31 August 2021 - 10:42 PM

I may be missing something but what actually triggered the need to redesign HPG in the first place? I was aware of gripes with the previous Polar Highlands but not so much here. Would just reverting it fix the problems?

#18 Therewolf

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationThat freaking cold place

Posted 02 September 2021 - 10:37 AM

With all that said, it seems to win at the voting stage more often than not, at least in the tier I get to see. If this doesn't wear off with the novelty soon, we'll know that reception is positive on average. I don't know enough to pass a qualified judgement but as already mentioned, wondering what necessitated the change here.

#19 zzoxx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 133 posts
  • LocationGermany - Eifel

Posted 04 September 2021 - 06:56 AM

First couple days i actually liked it, nice brawls and something in every range bracket. Then it became the snipefest it is. Sure there may be a counter to this, but in reality nobody is able to to it. I seen drops of 4 men groups of the more "ambitious" units with 1 ECM Dire each with 8 ER Large on literally every corner of the wall. No avoiding LOS saves you from that. Shooting fish in the barrell for 10 minutes straight. No wolfpack stiring it up. On IS side Stealth Marauders with ER Large are a thing too. Pretty sure some comp guys declare players that don't want to deal with it potatoes, but well. It will take forever to develop an effective counter to this in reality. The moon is tryhard territory now.

EDIT: Like i said: Comp guy gid gud post incoming in 3, 2, 1. Like clockwork.

Edited by zzoxx, 10 September 2021 - 02:22 AM.

#20 killkimno

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 107 posts

Posted 07 September 2021 - 04:19 AM

Posted Image

really??
sniper sniper every where

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users