Suggestion: Armor Exchange

4 replies to this topic

#1 technopredator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 24 August 2021 - 02:44 PM

I'd like to exchange the Leg armor for the Arms or Torso armor or vice-versa; for any 'mech. I don't care if it's not cannon, I want this option, some 'mechs just need it, some don't, depends on the user intention, battle performance/usefulness.

PS: I expect mature replies, "you're not awesome enough player to make a suggestion" is an childishly idiotic reply, and as such, they'll be ignored, along with the known trolls that make them.

Edited by technopredator, 24 August 2021 - 05:11 PM.

#2 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 25 August 2021 - 04:38 AM

This thread seems to have been posted in the wrong forum section and has been moved to Feature Suggestions.

#3 technopredator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 25 September 2021 - 12:05 AM

Bump

#4 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,811 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 25 September 2021 - 05:09 AM

Clarify plz.

Lets take the Warhammer 6R that we’re all getting this month as an example. It can have 60 armor on the legs, 60 on the side torsos, and 44 on the arms. Are you suggesting that you be allowed to swap the arm and leg values so the arms could have 60 and the legs only 44, or are you suggesting that the other locations could “borrow” armor from the arm so they could exceed 60?

#5 Ghoja

• PipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 91 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 02:23 AM

I agree with ScrapIron on this. You need to clarify... Though I also think either way it's a bad idea. Given that right now they've been upping the armor on many mechs (and not done as far as it seems), allowing this would completely unbalance the game. More so in the 2nd of ScrapIron's suggestion. I will admit there are some mechs out there that are unfairly weak in areas that count, some in all areas, just because of their damage potential. Nova's are horribly under-armored (especially now) and have been for quite some time. Yes, they can mount a large amount of damage, but the arm mounted weapons can't fire over most terrain due to low mounts and jump/firing kills it's already hurting heat dissipation. 50 ton mech that's easy prey for just about any other mech out there. This mech would benefit from either suggestion because it usually doesn't get its legs shot out from under it. I am assuming the original poster meant wanting to swap the armor values of the arms and legs... i.e. in ScrapIron's example, making the arms have 60 armor max and the legs have 44 armor max. Pretty sure the intent was being able to protect where the weapons/equipment slots (ECM) with the usually higher armor counts found on areas where there are no weapon or equipment slots.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users