- - - - -

Buying Bundles/engines

2 replies to this topic

#1 MPhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 August 2021 - 06:49 PM

How do you buy the new space bundles, I'm seeing them advertised as starting at 17:00 PDT 8/24. Its 19:45 8/24 and I can't find a place to buy them.

Also with the engines on sale how do you buy just an engine?
Do I just pick a Mech, swap out it's engine with each size I want and it 'stores' them as purchased?

Thanks!

#2 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 25 August 2021 - 02:40 PM

View PostMPhoenix, on 24 August 2021 - 06:49 PM, said:

How do you buy the new space bundles, I'm seeing them advertised as starting at 17:00 PDT 8/24. Its 19:45 8/24 and I can't find a place to buy them.

For just your self, please go to "https://mwomercs.com/profile/credits" while logged in, and select the size with a "+ Bonus" on it which you want to have. :huh:

Or if you wish to Gift some (MC) to someone else, then please go to "https://mwomercs.com/store/gifts" instead, click on the "Boosters" item, followed by scrolling down to "MechWarrior Credits" and selecting the size with a "+ Bonus" on it which you want to Gift to another person. I would give you a link with a closer landing, but the page refuses to play nicely. :o

Also with the engines on sale how do you buy just an engine?
Do I just pick a Mech, swap out it's engine with each size I want and it 'stores' them as purchased?

You do not have to go into quite those lengths in order to acquire a Mech Engine for your use. Further, it would be quite troublesome to do that successfully with some of the biggest and smallest Engines that MWO has. :(

Instead, from the MechLab Home Screen in your game client, just click on "Store" up top and scroll through the multiple pages of the active Sale display which appears. You'll find the Engines on the later pages, particularly the 6th through 12th pages, unless the Sale happens to take another unexpected massive tweak. :)

Thanks!

You're Welcome... I hope you find these answers helpful. ^_^

~D. V. "just answering some Sale-related Questions in order to be helpful" Devnull

#3 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,403 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 25 August 2021 - 07:22 PM

A warm welcome to MWO!

Since you're new to MWO (as I was, since summer 2020), you'll be very tight on CBills ingame currency, literally grinding for CBills to buy that next mech, then grind for CBills for Weapons/Equipment/Engine. I know; I've been there not too long ago.

My advice if you have less than 50 million CBills is:
1) Do not speculatively buy engines, unless you are actually seriously customising your mech in MechLab!
You can easily spend tens of million CBills on engines you don't need, which would be better used for buying new mechs and weapons!

2) On the positive side, this 50% Off on Engines sale (until Sept 3rd 2021) means that do not lose any money only when buying engines during this sale when you buy and then sell your engine not needed. (Usually when you buy Engine for regular price of 2million CBills, then you sell it for 1million CBills, you lose 50% of your value. But not during this 50% Off engine sale!).

Or look at it this way, you can buy 50% Off engine for your mechlab customisation as needed, and then sell it when you don't need it, without any fear of CBills loss from selling engine!

3) Did you know that in your MechLab you can customise your mech to your liking, and test it out in [Enter_Testing_Grounds] without paying any CBills during this testing? After you are satisifed, you can press [Save] to pay for your CBills to this mech MechLab change!

4) There's a section on which "breakpoint" engines to get in this guide, by this same author:
https://mwomercs.com...h-customisation

Basically you can go for below engines because these are the "breakpoints" where you can fit an extra DHS heat sink into engine itself, saving you critical slots on your mech for other uses:

IS Side: buy a few LE engines at each weight class for:
LE280 / LE300 / LE325 / LE350 / LE375

Clan Side: buy a few XL engines at each weight class for:
XL280 / XL300 / XL325 / XL350 / XL375 / XL400
[Again, XL280 engine weights the same as XL275 engine!]

Good luck!

Edited by w0qj, 25 August 2021 - 07:23 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users