Rifleman Iic-2 Play

7 replies to this topic

#1 Byakugan01

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 August 2021 - 07:13 PM

I've been trying to play the Rifleman IIC-2 like an Archer- be just behind the lines, unload, as opportunity presents. However, I'm getting slaughtered. Is this a mech that needs to be a good distance behind the lines in order to be effective? I haven't had a moment where the mech "clicked" with me, so I know I'm doing something wrong.

Edited by Byakugan01, 24 August 2021 - 07:14 PM.

#2 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,738 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 24 August 2021 - 07:57 PM

According to Battletech lore the Rifleman was designed as a fire support/anti-aircraft platform so the emphasis was on ranged weaponry and advanced sensors. In MWO it puts out a lot of damage but is quite fragile, and in the case of the IIC, rather slow. You might try staying a bit further back, close to hard cover, prepared to shift position quickly, but there are so many variables in a match that it can be feast or famine, at least for me.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#3 Ludo22

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 28 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 24 August 2021 - 09:39 PM

People know that the rifleman is one of the more fragile ones on the field and will target it for a quick kill (I speak from experience). To survive the targeting you have to move with the pack but present yourself as a less optional target. That means ducking in and out of cover, supporting pushes from behind, and keeping distance. It's a lot of fire and fade.

I like to play a Direwolf and I will trade shot for shot against most rifleman. You need to make sure you are making beneficial trades which is difficult in a slower mech.

#4 Fattimus Prime

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 December 2021 - 03:48 PM

For whatever reason I seem to have pretty good luck with the RFL IIC-2, I have mine loaded up with 6ac2. It really depends on the matchup but to me it feels like it's strengths are A: ability to win trades past opponents' optimal range on long ranged maps and B: excellent sustained DPS if you can afford the facetime - that generally means sticking with the pack if you can't find a sniper roost/are at risk of being rotated to death. You can absolutely shred a target who's dealing with your friendly assault as long as he's not paying you any mind. But like others have said, you're slow, have awful hitboxes and everything is arm mounted with no lower actuators, so if you get caught out of position you're basically dead meat.

Edited by Fattimus Prime, 06 December 2021 - 03:48 PM.

#5 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 18 April 2022 - 10:00 PM

Rifleman IIC just received survival perks, in the form of more armor in CT + arms!
https://mwomercs.com...530-19april2022

I wants my yummy yummy RFL-IIC(S) ;)
https://mwomercs.com/rifleman-iic

#6 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 24 August 2022 - 09:17 AM

Rifleman IIC: RFL-IIC-2(P) with +30% CBills bonus + Platinum Camo is now available via the Platinum Collection!

You can even qualify for 2022 Annual (Loyalty) Reward Programme if you procure before its deadline!
https://mwomercs.com/profile/content

Edited by w0qj, 24 August 2022 - 09:20 PM.

#7 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 25 August 2022 - 03:30 PM

yup there all right, you need to learn POKE AND SHOOT, the ac2 or ultra 2 having 6 limits your ammo, i put in 5 ultra 2 cannons, and got some extra AMMO, worked OK, just remmeber to armor him up, full metal JACKET : ).

SAWK CLANNER

#8 Frendly Pythagorean Natteri Tato

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 September 2022 - 01:17 PM

Yes Riflemen are not meant for tanking, seems like you know this so maybe you have just had some bad teams.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users