27 replies to this topic

#1 ReemusX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 299 posts
  • LocationMidwest USA

Posted 25 August 2021 - 01:33 PM

At least give us HPG Manifold Classic so we can choose between garbage and nascar..

#2 Frenzy Engine

• PipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 August 2021 - 02:37 PM

well we haven't gotten Polar Highlands Classic despite many asking for it, so I would say ... no.

#3 randomxtc16

• PipPip
  • Point Commander
  • Point Commander
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 August 2021 - 02:38 PM

Did we get Canyon Network or Polar Highlands Classic?

#4 Poor-Life-Choices

• PipPip
  • Chu-sa
  • Chu-sa
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 August 2021 - 06:19 PM

Why did you change the most popular map in rotation? This new version is only good for snipers, I'm sure Ash, Kras and the others love this now, but it sucks for the rest of us. Bring back the old version.

#5 Frenzy Engine

• PipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 August 2021 - 09:08 PM

I haven't hated the new HPG, in fact there are some aspects of it I like, but I think what's offputting for me is the fact that you've made quite a few ramps up to the top of the wall. With the original map, only jumpjet capable mechs could get up there and that didn't even always happen in every match. Now with the multiple ramps straight to the top all over the place, the heaviest can get up there (well, if given enough time) and just snipe away with heavy gauss. As a mostly light mech pilot, I don't wanna share the top with the heavies for one, I don't think they belong up there in the match where their max armor does little to no good for the team, and two too many snipers in a match makes for a dull and pointless game.

#6 multisoul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • 327 posts

Posted 26 August 2021 - 05:24 AM

new HPG is lame
stay in spawn with long range sniping or rush with ac20
is thsi a Quake map?
here you go all about new HPG
https://quake.bethesda.net/en/playnow

#7 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 26 August 2021 - 08:51 AM

Eww no.

#8 klozz

• Pip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 August 2021 - 06:09 AM

HPG classic was such a good fun map. We need it back into rotation.

The new HPG is quite good too but a total different map. You should rename it HPG Ramps.

#9 PCHunter

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 August 2021 - 01:04 PM

Completely agree with the comments above. The new HPG intended changes and results have not happened as previously depicted. Obviously The Cauldron blew it big time if this was the result of their input. The matches I have been in so far have devolved into one where missiles and snipers take the top and brawlers scramble for the protection and murderball of the lower center section and/or basement. I have not witnessed a single strategy other than the sniper/brawler free for all described. The map is too large and disjointed to allow for cohesive team tactics. The best I have done is to team up with a single wingman and camp on a rear ramp to defend against challengers. Not much there. The map is more like a Solaris map where it's every mech for itself. Not everyone wants all the maps to resemble the new Canyon (sniper map), Polar (another sniper map), Hibernia (sniper map), Frozen City (sniper map) - get the theme here? Next you will be nerfing Caustic into a sniper map, probably lowering the center mesa and adding more perimeter sniping positions. The revised maps (and quirks to long range weapons) so far have resulted in changing the game meta from sub-400m ranges to 600m plus engagement ranges. This is a bad trend. I for one, will continue to disconnect from every match on HPG in protest.

Edited by PCHunter, 29 August 2021 - 01:05 PM.

#10 Rothgar57

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 September 2021 - 07:37 AM

HPG manifold has become my least favorite map. There is way to much sniping on this map. It seems to be the only viable strat.

#11 Chrome Magnus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 19 September 2021 - 12:58 PM

I can't stand the new HPG map. First one that has made me seriously contemplate just charging in in a guns blazing suicide run every time it comes up. Would love to get classic or a slightly reworked classic.

#12 Ghoja

• PipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 91 posts

Posted 30 September 2021 - 07:51 PM

This map needs reworking. Kind of broke something that didn't need fixing. The old version was an alternate small brawl map. Yes, there was "nascar", but that could be broken by taking the middle. Now it's a long run to the outside to the ramps to find the wall snipers/missile boats hiding on the wall. The map would have been much better if the ramps to the top of the walls were from the central portion of the map instead of the outside starting areas. Given how the new maps are laid out, I'm guessing our new map designer plays sniper/missile boat and not much else. I like the new Polar due to it having many options for tactics (if a team actually has good communication or chooses to), but while the new HPG isn't horrible, it's laid out for a specific couple tactics. Caustic... Well, it really is caustic now. That turned into a bunch of clutter with bad visibility and makes even less sense than HPG changes.

#13 bcbovee78

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 October 2021 - 09:05 PM

Like almost everyone above has said, the new map is just horrible and most people don't want to play it. Some of my unit members and friends have said they aren't going to be playing as much or anymore with some of these changes to the maps, as well as the boosts some of the meta mechs have gotten as well this last patch. I stop leaving and just run full bore into the enemy on these bad maps, as now there are so many in rotation, that I can't leave and take all the penalties, or I just won't be playing for 20-30minutes. Soon I won't have a reason to play if these changes are the "new, better maps" you are designing, and the "balance" of some mechs just gets absurd and even more unbalanced....

#14 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,747 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 21 October 2021 - 03:02 AM

It’s true that you can no longer stand around where you used to stand around on HPG Manifold. You have to learn to stand somewhere else. Because it’s a new map.

And I think you’re addressing mech quirks in the wrong forum.

#15 Vonbach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 694 posts

Posted 27 October 2021 - 09:10 PM

The map just sucks. Its yet another sniper bowl map.

#16 klozz

• Pip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 December 2021 - 02:03 AM

View Postbcbovee78, on 20 October 2021 - 09:05 PM, said:

Like almost everyone above has said, the new map is just horrible and most people don't want to play it. Some of my unit members and friends have said they aren't going to be playing as much or anymore with some of these changes to the maps, as well as the boosts some of the meta mechs have gotten as well this last patch. I stop leaving and just run full bore into the enemy on these bad maps, as now there are so many in rotation, that I can't leave and take all the penalties, or I just won't be playing for 20-30minutes. Soon I won't have a reason to play if these changes are the "new, better maps" you are designing, and the "balance" of some mechs just gets absurd and even more unbalanced....

Indeed, all the maps are being reworked into snipers heaven. No one wants to move anymore, everyone is afraid of pushing. One wrong step and youre toast by ERLL, PPC and Gauss. In addition these maps are Nascar friendly.

We need a variety of brawl maps with lots of choke points and tunnels.

Crimson Straight is by far the most well rounded map.

#17 Carmenblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • 839 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationTerra Firma

Posted 27 January 2022 - 10:16 AM

View PostReemusX, on 25 August 2021 - 01:33 PM, said:

At least give us HPG Manifold Classic so we can choose between garbage and nascar..
Developers, you must to do this! Because the old HPG map was genius. I dont know names of people who made maps in MWO, but they are GENIUS. I like this game at first for it maps.\\

Now people in your team spoil some maps. Who did this and why?

#18 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,747 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 28 January 2022 - 10:56 AM

View PostCarmenblade, on 27 January 2022 - 10:16 AM, said:

Developers, you must to do this! Because the old HPG map was genius. I dont know names of people who made maps in MWO, but they are GENIUS. I like this game at first for it maps.\\

Now people in your team spoil some maps. Who did this and why?

We've covered this already. The ONLY viable strategy in the original map was "ring around the middle", either static or nascar. This map has a lot more options. And now that its a few months old, people know where not to stand, so snipers aren't much of an issue.

But people still snipe a lot on it, yeah. And you know what... I _love_ that. Suit up in my fast medium mech, and get in the face of a low-DPS build that voluntarily isolated itself from its team and set up someplace with essentially no cover? Heck yeah! All you can brawl sniper buffet!

#19 Carmenblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • 839 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationTerra Firma

Posted 28 January 2022 - 02:12 PM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 28 January 2022 - 10:56 AM, said:

We've covered this already. The ONLY viable strategy in the original map was "ring around the middle", either static or nascar. This map has a lot more options. And now that its a few months old, people know where not to stand, so snipers aren't much of an issue.

But people still snipe a lot on it, yeah. And you know what... I _love_ that. Suit up in my fast medium mech, and get in the face of a low-DPS build that voluntarily isolated itself from its team and set up someplace with essentially no cover? Heck yeah! All you can brawl sniper buffet!

this map was one of the most popular in the game. and the problem of a limited number of tactics on it did not prevent her from being.
playing it was fun and always interesting. this is confirmed by the frequency of its. the pests took away the favorite map from most players, spoiling it.

no one is saying that sniping is bad or not interesting. on the contrary, it is interesting, but this does not mean that you need to pervert some of the best maps in the game for this wishlist.

I have already written above that the map is brilliant. after all, the development of a computer game is a creative process, which means that this epithet is appropriate.

what now? just a map. if it was a new map in the game, then no problem, but the pests, instead of creating a new creation, only disgraced themselves by demonstrating a lack of taste and talent by painting La Joconde glasses to give her a smarter look. Bring back the classic great MWO map!

Edited by Carmenblade, 29 January 2022 - 09:08 PM.

#20 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 29 January 2022 - 07:01 AM

View PostPCHunter, on 29 August 2021 - 01:04 PM, said:

Completely agree with the comments above. The new HPG intended changes and results have not happened as previously depicted. Obviously The Cauldron blew it big time if this was the result of their input. The matches I have been in so far have devolved into one where missiles and snipers take the top and brawlers scramble for the protection and murderball of the lower center section and/or basement. I have not witnessed a single strategy other than the sniper/brawler free for all described. The map is too large and disjointed to allow for cohesive team tactics. The best I have done is to team up with a single wingman and camp on a rear ramp to defend against challengers. Not much there. The map is more like a Solaris map where it's every mech for itself. Not everyone wants all the maps to resemble the new Canyon (sniper map), Polar (another sniper map), Hibernia (sniper map), Frozen City (sniper map) - get the theme here? Next you will be nerfing Caustic into a sniper map, probably lowering the center mesa and adding more perimeter sniping positions. The revised maps (and quirks to long range weapons) so far have resulted in changing the game meta from sub-400m ranges to 600m plus engagement ranges. This is a bad trend. I for one, will continue to disconnect from every match on HPG in protest.

Finally someone who sees it too! Posted Image

I notice this on my mechs too : A lot more PPC weapons than I use to use in the past and it's getting REALLY BORING having to do so! Posted Image

As a player who likes to avoid LURM usage it looks more and more that my SRM/MRM/Streak builds might need to be converted to LURM builds too!

THE HORROR... Posted Image

Edited by Roodkapje, 29 January 2022 - 07:02 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users