#61 Athom83

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 16 September 2021 - 05:13 AM

View PostRoadToDohWhere, on 14 September 2021 - 10:24 AM, said:

The average players in every month this year so far were well over double that of 2019 and most of 2020. You see higher numbers in the previous years both because of Steam release from this game being standalone and constant new mechs being added. You have yet to corelate the data you give with any of your arguments.

Edited by Athom83, 16 September 2021 - 05:14 AM.

#62 Alexander of Macedon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 19 September 2021 - 05:58 AM

View PostRabid Imp, on 28 August 2021 - 07:02 PM, said:

As someone who does not regularly post here but does play I have to agree.
Old HPG was picked nearly 100% of the time no matter the map against it...new HPG sucks (my opinion) and from what I have seen (like viridian bog beating it 100% to 0%) I think a lot of people agree.

People voted for HPG because it was a cold nascar map, if you believe anything else you're fooling yourself.

#63 pattonesque

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 19 September 2021 - 06:00 AM

View PostAlexander of Macedon, on 19 September 2021 - 05:58 AM, said:

People voted for HPG because it was a cold nascar map, if you believe anything else you're fooling yourself.

basically "which one of these maps requires the least effort to play"

#64 VeeOt Dragon

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,087 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 19 September 2021 - 10:29 PM

exactly

now we have a new map for people to complain about as Caustic is next to get a revamp. i am interested to see how it looks. the caldera was always just a nascar fest. be interesting to see what our map maker does with it. from the images i see some problematic spots that might give mechs without JJs some issues especially slow assaults. will have to wait and see before i say anything definitive.

#65 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,815 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 20 September 2021 - 05:25 AM

I predict that tomorrow someone will stand someplace unsafe on this new map, get shot, and they will feel that this is very unfair. This will be clear evidence that the game is ruined, that some weapon is utterly broken, that PGI is destroying the game, and that everyone is leaving because of this new map.

You know, again. Posted Image

#66 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 20 September 2021 - 06:13 AM

You forgot to include the Cauldron and Comp players in general.

#67 GoodTry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 21 September 2021 - 05:45 AM

View PostAlexander of Macedon, on 19 September 2021 - 05:58 AM, said:

Those things are true. The play area was also small, and matches were fairly predictable.

You may think people dislike predictability, but that's not always true. I remember the old games with Quake-style online play, where you could choose an individual server and just play on that server all day. Inevitably some of the most popular servers would run only a couple of maps--often just a single one--because people like the predictability.

#68 R Valentine

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 21 September 2021 - 06:07 AM

View PostMoldur, on 05 September 2021 - 08:37 PM, said:

Remaking the poorly performing maps makes sense. Idk why we had to get reworks of the most popular maps like frozen city and HPG.

HPG was a poorly designed map from multiple perspectives. Mining Collective, which is also one of the most popular maps, hasn't been touched and likely never will be, because the approach to the map is more balanced. HPG was only ever nascar central, and anyone thinking otherwise is just lying to themselves. Sorry, but that's a bad map design. You can still brawl on current HPG, only now you can't be quite so mindless about it.

View PostMoldur, on 05 September 2021 - 08:37 PM, said:

If nothing else, the fact that every other match on HPG takes 3-5 minutes longer just to get 2 guys on the wall is an oversight to say the least.

Is there a problem with extending the game times? Given the time spent in queue and the time spent in PGI's plethora of loading screens, I'll take all the game time I can get. Matches that last 5 minutes or less are boring, because a match of that speed indicates that one team got utterly smashed and on team is still standing pristine. Again, that's poor design. Letting matches play out to the last few men standing is much more satisfying experience.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users