Hpg Out Of Bounds, You Gotta Be Kidding Me.

19 replies to this topic

#1 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 31 August 2021 - 09:12 AM

So yes, i made the mistake and fell off the wall but this totally blows. You do that there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. Why isn't there a raised edge that blocks you from walking off the edge?

no i was not up there trying to snipe, i was trying to get someone, but some places have fairly tight paths, and i just misjudged by a little and i fell. As i was falling i heard the out of bounds warning, and landing i had no where to go,. Instant death.

My point is why is this the way it is designed? Is it to punish people that want to snipe and fall or the others that accidentally fall when fighting? Why can't there be a raised bit that you can't walk over? God knows there are enough pipes on caustic that i can't get over.

Please rethink think this and add an edge.. If people JJ over, ok that sucks to, but thats a lot harder to do accidentally than just reversing, or making a slightly wider turn.

Honestly i would rather let you fall, but have it not out of bounds, and have a better way to run around and fight out there, even if it was small, but maybe they don't want that many more hiding spots.

#2 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,747 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 31 August 2021 - 10:56 AM

I found this out on testing grounds, so I know to avoid it and stick to the shorter ledges right in front of it. But yes, a high flying jump mech can jump themselves right out of bounds on it with no way back.

#3 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 31 August 2021 - 10:58 AM

i haven't played the new version but this was a problem with the old version of the map as well. don't fall off the back of the wall. its not as bad as the boundaries on grim portico that puts boundaries right in the middle of the ramp you need to go up to hit the gen..

#4 Thorqemada

• 6,365 posts

Posted 31 August 2021 - 12:28 PM

Have seen this on Video when someone tested the map...there is no way to tell this is oob and also no way back and even if you would probably not make it in time...

#5 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,747 posts

Posted 31 August 2021 - 12:35 PM

View PostThorqemada, on 31 August 2021 - 12:28 PM, said:

Have seen this on Video when someone tested the map...there is no way to tell this is oob and also no way back and even if you would probably not make it in time...

I tested that too. A spider or assassin with 6 jump jets plus jump skills can land, recharge, and make it back. Short of that... no.

#6 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 31 August 2021 - 04:58 PM

Should raise the ground so it's flush with the wall. Have the whole installation inside a crater.

#7 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 31 August 2021 - 05:17 PM

Even just a narrow strip of "In Bounds" that allows someone to get to an in-map bolthole would solve the issue. Would it be a cranny that canny jackasses could hide shut down in to run out the clock? Sure - until people learn that the Landing Strip behind the wall is the first place to check for turdburglars.

#8 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,747 posts

Posted 31 August 2021 - 07:17 PM

Nah, it’s easier to just leave it the way it is. Every player might die to it once, either on testing grounds or in quick play, and never do that again.

#9 Saved By The Bell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 31 August 2021 - 08:39 PM

Yes, I dropped there too on fast commando. Was running there for 10 sec. Then closed the game.

Edited by Saved By The Bell, 31 August 2021 - 08:41 PM.

#10 HauptmanT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 378 posts

Posted 01 September 2021 - 12:56 AM

Hah!

Minimap? Ever use it? See those red lines? Dont cross them.

I'm up on the wall a lot, hunting snipers, my new favorite sport, and have never once had an issue.

#11 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 01 September 2021 - 01:44 AM

Thread moved to Map Feedback/HPG Manifold.

#12 Thorqemada

• 6,365 posts

Posted 01 September 2021 - 11:46 PM

You dont fight on the Minimap...

#13 RoadToDohWhere

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 September 2021 - 01:50 AM

The minimap represents the map you fight on in real time, so in essence you do.

#14 Thorqemada

• 6,365 posts

Posted 02 September 2021 - 06:04 AM

Nope, you can not target anything by looking at the minimap, not even a LRM boat can do it.

#15 RoadToDohWhere

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 September 2021 - 02:47 PM

Whats the point of your deflection in relation to the topic?
We are not talking about targeting!
We are talking about out of bounds and map boundaries.

The map boundaries are not visible on the playing field, only visible on the mini map.
If you cross those boundaries, whether on the playing field or mini map your mech will die.

Not checking the mini map regularly is a pilot issue.
Checking the mini map is something new pilots are reminded of by more experienced players all the time.

The fact that experienced pilots forgot to check the mini map is amusing.

And in this case, it seems to me the op was aware of the map boundaries but made an oppsie/mistake due to errors in spatial awareness or mech control.

They suggested that having a raised border would of prevented the oppsie, but I think their should be consequences for oppsie's/mistakes due it errors in spatial awareness or mech control in some places.
Its not like these places/spots are everywhere.

We could even give the spot an amusing name like the Black Hole as not even Lights can escape it.

The mini map has many uses, its use for staying within the maps boundaries is but one.
Their are many more uses for the mini map.
Its an essential tool,
That pilots if they choose to ignore do so that their peril.

Edited by RoadToDohWhere, 02 September 2021 - 02:49 PM.

#16 ghostrider

• PipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 25 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 25 Qualifier
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 September 2021 - 04:30 PM

Got baited by an Arctic Cheetah when i was on a piranha...he jumped and i followed him then he jump jetted away and i was like...i've made a terrible mistake...fun times!

#17 Rad 1

• Pip
  • Lance Corporal
  • Lance Corporal
  • 15 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 08 November 2021 - 09:41 AM

Gotta put my two cents in. Was on the run from some lights on the wall, didn't realize there were so many. As I'm dodging and exchanging heat and armor, I fall off the edge. No worries, I think. OUT OF BOUNDS the computer says, so I look around and there is NO way up. I have like 5 seconds, and there is NOTHING to be done. No JJ, not a fast mech, and no ingress that I can see anywhere. Some people argue 'everyone will die to it once and then it's okay' and I'll have to rebut that it isn't okay to miss something obvious and then just say it's fine because everyone deals with it.The methods to fix the problem are many and varied, and I would be quite sad if the new dev team doesn't fix the issue moderately soon. I get it's not a game breaking bug, and therefore won't necessarily be high on the list to fix, but it IS a bug, and from the outside looking in it looks to be a SIMPLE fix.

This is all said with the understanding that I am not a game developer, and what seems simple and straightforward to me may have complications, or system interactions, or.... I don't know! But the way I'm seeing it, this is a fix that could be quick and easy, though sadly it would go missed by many people as not everyone is aware of the poor demarcation of the edges of HPG Manifold.

#18 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 03 February 2022 - 10:13 AM

There shouldn't be players on those walls in the first place!

Let the walls be out of bounds at all times by introducing horizontal+vertical out of bounds coordinates! :)

#19 Itsacon

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 72 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Posted 13 February 2022 - 01:26 PM

I've run into this a few times as well. I feel that the boundary should be moved back a bit, and a ramp added to get back out.

Either that or install a guardrail to protect tourists.

#20 Saphire Minx

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 December 2022 - 02:14 AM

out of bounds expoding is fundamentally stupid. .which line on a planet do you cross to blow up?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users