20 replies to this topic

#1 D A T A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 892 posts
  • LocationCasamassima, Bari, south Italy

Posted 01 September 2021 - 04:13 PM

The timer is too short and the radius of the dish it too small.

As a result, whoever wins the first wave can just make the tickets go and stop the game on the first wave. Lame.

Timer up from 1.30 to 2.30
Yellow dish area x2

anything that is not a simple number change is ofc out of the window for PGI

Edited by D A T A, 02 September 2021 - 02:47 AM.

#2 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 01 September 2021 - 06:35 PM

domination really doesnt belong in fp as is. but i think that unlike conquest it would take more than a simple number change to make it interesting. id do something with the genertators, make it so you can shift the circle towards your base if you hit the enemy gens or perhaps have multiple circles.

#3 IronWolfPack64

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 269 posts

Posted 02 September 2021 - 01:10 PM

Dom is fine how it is, maybe the area can be widened on larger maps but that would need to be a map by map thing. Doubling the radius on a small map like river city would merely make the game skirmish again with extra steps. Maybe, maybe you could give the winning team the ability to not count the timer but increasing it at all is basically like removing it all together.

#4 Extra Guac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 201 posts

Posted 05 September 2021 - 09:34 AM

I think it could stay unchanged for the smallest maps. But, the area of the circle should scale proportionally with the area of the map.

#5 W4R GOD

• PipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 September 2021 - 02:36 PM

View PostD A T A, on 01 September 2021 - 04:13 PM, said:

As a result, whoever wins the first wave can just make the tickets go and stop the game on the first wave. Lame.

Yellow dish area x2

I would be happy if even they just increased the timer but dealing with the circle would also make sense. Domination is just lame in FP so may as well make it tolerable.

#6 IronWolfPack64

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 05 September 2021 - 08:55 PM

View PostExtra Guac, on 05 September 2021 - 09:34 AM, said:

I think it could stay unchanged for the smallest maps. But, the area of the circle should scale proportionally with the area of the map.

That’s probably a fine change

#7 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 06 September 2021 - 04:00 PM

I like domination - it's probably my second favorite after siege. Now the one that's Skirmish except for the base for each team - that could easily go away. And a small circle is good - it encourages movement to the center rather than small fast ECM PPC snipers (looking at you Shadow Cats) that run and hide for a whole match.

#8 McGoat

Banned -Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 629 posts

Posted 12 September 2021 - 02:04 PM

Make FP Siege and Conquest only, all other modes are inferior.

#9 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 12 September 2021 - 04:21 PM

Sorry Data. I know you are a far more better player than me.

But all your demands are only resulting in skirmish.

You demanded 2000 tickets for conquest, and even now with 1750 tickets conquest is basically skirmish. All of the matches I played since the changes where decided by kills and not by capping.

And now you are demanding a longer timer, so that the games do not finish so quickly so that you can kill more enemies.

And you demand 2x size of the dish area. Which makes it easier to hold for your enemies and your team, so that the games duration is longer, and the objective is not important anymore. Basically Skirmish.

All your demands are resulting in skirmish.

#10 Serial Number

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 206 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 01:30 PM

a.k.a "I can't sit 1.5km away from the fight as usual, please increase timer and zone of domination mode since I can't play anything but long range weapons in this game" usual JGx gibberish.

#11 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 01:33 PM

I think time to 3 minutes and no change to circle size would be good. Guarantees 2 waves of fighting as long as people are trying to get back to the circle.

#12 D A T A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 892 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 01:54 PM

View PostNightbird, on 13 September 2021 - 01:33 PM, said:

I think time to 3 minutes and no change to circle size would be good. Guarantees 2 waves of fighting as long as people are trying to get back to the circle.

its FP, fp has 4 waves, fight should be guaranteed for 4 waves imo

#13 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 03:52 PM

View PostD A T A, on 13 September 2021 - 01:54 PM, said:

its FP, fp has 4 waves, fight should be guaranteed for 4 waves imo

We already have a mode for that though, called Skirmish. Objectives mix it up a bit, gets people out of their comfort zones.

#14 D A T A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 892 posts

Posted 17 September 2021 - 02:34 PM

i don't see how a domination with more timer and slightly larger yellow area would be a skirmish duplicate
i think that if the game mode has 4 waves, it should allow you to use them......otherwise why the hell do you have them

#15 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 17 September 2021 - 10:25 PM

View PostD A T A, on 17 September 2021 - 02:34 PM, said:

i don't see how a domination with more timer and slightly larger yellow area would be a skirmish duplicate
i think that if the game mode has 4 waves, it should allow you to use them......otherwise why the hell do you have them

Only because there are 4 waves dont magically says u need 2 play 4 waves. Think of it like a budget. U can spend it, but no need to do so without reason.

Slightly larger and slightly longer timer is ok. But conquest shows us, that even the 1750 points is rly on the edge of just skirmish again. Your suggested 2000 they could have deleted the mode all together.

#16 D A T A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 892 posts

Posted 18 September 2021 - 03:47 PM

View PostIgnatius Audene, on 17 September 2021 - 10:25 PM, said:

Only because there are 4 waves dont magically says u need 2 play 4 waves. Think of it like a budget. U can spend it, but no need to do so without reason.

Slightly larger and slightly longer timer is ok. But conquest shows us, that even the 1750 points is rly on the edge of just skirmish again. Your suggested 2000 they could have deleted the mode all together.

i think 1750 is still too short, but acceptable.
conquest is designed to force people to move and have dynamic engagements, not to let a bunch of trolls go on 12 vulcans and deny the game by doing full cap strat.
and at 1750 you can still deny games to people by doing just 48 vulcans and go only to cap

#17 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 20 September 2021 - 12:33 AM

U dont need to run around like crazy. From all the conquest matches I played since they upped the points 1-2 end because of points limit (1600to 1750 and everyone was in his last mech)

So if games end early, it is prob because one team is overstacked.
To go severely undertonned is now an easy way to throw a game! 3 ac2 rifleman iic can easily overwatch 3 points. Now the Vulcan can a split and get shot to pieces or push and try to force a 10?vs 12 fight. Dont see much of a problem here. In fact the fast heavy deck (linebacker!) looks a bit over performing now. IS players will need to adjust the drop deck, and that is always a slow process because of the sheer volume of options.

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 23 September 2021 - 04:17 AM.

#18 Lifeblight

• PipPip
  • The Serpent
  • The Serpent
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 September 2021 - 07:48 AM

View PostD A T A, on 01 September 2021 - 04:13 PM, said:

Yellow dish area x2

Agreed.

#19 OettingerRakete

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 September 2021 - 08:28 AM

As i might agree with some of the points like slightly bigger Area and little more time (maybe), there is also the most importand one.
Should there be Sealclubbing to the very last wave?
If teams are more or less even, then the counter hardly matters.
U should be able to hold an area without being exposed to much.
Maps have allready been fixed to a certain point, like Polar was a nightmare before against lurms, is playable now.

Edited by OettingerRakete, 22 September 2021 - 08:33 AM.

#20 D A T A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 892 posts

Posted 29 September 2021 - 04:03 AM

View PostOettingerRakete, on 22 September 2021 - 08:28 AM, said:

As i might agree with some of the points like slightly bigger Area and little more time (maybe), there is also the most importand one.
Should there be Sealclubbing to the very last wave?
If teams are more or less even, then the counter hardly matters.
U should be able to hold an area without being exposed to much.
Maps have allready been fixed to a certain point, like Polar was a nightmare before against lurms, is playable now.

my proposal reduces seal clubbing: currently you have to avoid touching the yellow area to get to the spawns to seal club.
larger yellow area= it will take longer for seal clubbers to walk around it, giving the loser team more time to regroup

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users