Found An Error With Ll, But Can't Find The Correct Location For This.

2 replies to this topic

#1 gamingogre

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 133 posts

Posted 05 September 2021 - 06:43 PM

Found an error, but can't find the correct location for this. I put four large lasers onto a mech with no ghost heat. Add a fifth and you get a message that you get ghost heat when using five or more large lasers. Go back to four, then add one large laser. The warning now says you can not have more than three large lasers. First Large pulse is not a large laser, but even if both are considered the same, going from four to three is clearly a bug. Please consider fixing this oddity on one of the future weapon passes. Clearly the warning message is out of date.

#2 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 06 September 2021 - 12:41 AM

View Postgamingogre, on 05 September 2021 - 06:43 PM, said:

Found an error, but can't find the correct location for this. I put four large lasers onto a mech with no ghost heat. Add a fifth and you get a message that you get ghost heat when using five or more large lasers. Go back to four, then add one large laser. The warning now says you can not have more than three large lasers. First Large pulse is not a large laser, but even if both are considered the same, going from four to three is clearly a bug. Please consider fixing this oddity on one of the future weapon passes. Clearly the warning message is out of date.

Sorry, gamingogre, but you have seriously NOT found any kind of Bug there. It so happens that all those varying Large Laser types are part of a Linked Ghost Heat Penalty Grouping which prevents someone from using several types of a family of Weapon to go around Ghost Heat Limits while in battle. Also, when using several types from the same family together, such as with various Large Lasers being used, the type with the lowest number before Ghost Heat triggers generally has the greatest effect in terms of penalty imposed. I should probably give you a quick rundown of how they're linked, and maximum for using a single type in standalone, so I'll continue with that below. B)

For those using Inner Sphere Large Lasers as their choice...
  • I.S. (Standard) Large Laser — Max of 4 before Ghost Heat
  • I.S. ER Large Laser — Max of 3 before Ghost Heat
  • I.S. Large Pulse Laser — Max of 3 before Ghost Heat
For those using Clan Large Lasers as their choice...
  • Clan ER Large Laser — Max of 2 before Ghost Heat
  • Clan Large Pulse Laser — Max of 2 before Ghost Heat
  • Clan Heavy Large Laser — Max of 2 before Ghost Heat
Unfortunately, those using the Clan Large Laser Family have a strict limit of 2 out of all of those, and then they get bit with Ghost Heat happening to their Mech in battle. They have no options in variation, unlike the Inner Sphere side. (Where are the Standard Large Lasers for the Clans when they could be of use? Oh well!!!) On the other hand, those using the I.S. Large Laser Family have a normal limit of 3 before Ghost Heat bites them, but if they're only firing several of the (Standard) Large Laser at once, then they're allowed to fire 4 of that type of Weapon at a time. If they try to mix the (Standard) Large Laser with any of the other I.S. Large Laser Family Weapons when firing, then the limit before Ghost Heat happens drops down to 3 because of the lower limit imposed by the other I.S. Large Laser Family Weapons in that particular Linked Ghost Heat Penalty Grouping which all of those I.S. Large Laser Family Weapons must abide by. I'm sure you think it sucks, but there would be some insane attacks made possible if things were not the way that they are. :(

~D. V. "doing what they can right now to explain Linked Ghost Heat Penalty Grouping on Large Lasers for you" Devnull

#3 Armchair General

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • 95 posts

Posted 06 September 2021 - 09:33 AM

Moved to Patch Notes forum because this seems to be the most appropriate place for this thread.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users